#2

Receipts of Memories

We laughed. I tried to sculp this memories into my thick skull. His laugh, they way he smile, how he look when he laugh and smile with me. I made him laugh… I made an idol laugh after I . Let’s see where my luck ended.

 

~~ Chapter 2 ~~

He’s just like the perfect Oppa I’ve always wanted this whole time since I’m the only kid in my family. He moved closer to me and I just realize something. He’s very touchy… He like skinship… I should be really happy about it, but I was too immersed on his funny stories about 2PM members. I mostly listen but sometimes he would ask about myself.

I can see just how he love his 2PM a lot. He really like Wooyoung Oppa, that’s true, but doesn’t mean he didn’t share his big compassion with the others. I can see how he love music too, from the way he would sing or hum to a song when his words or my words is just like lyrics of a song or something we said is happen to be a song title, and then we would laugh at how silly we are.

Oppa, stop looking at my cheesecake.

Eh? What?” he was a bit surprised. He keeps looking at my strawberry cheesecake secretly.

You can ask me nicely if you want to try this. Here. Aaaah~” I cut a quite big piece of it and going to feed him. He, unexpectedly, opened his mouth and honestly, my heart trembles at the sight. What a beauty~ Would be lovely if that lips touch mine… Oh hell no, Erin! Not now!

Wow~ that was really delicious~! You wanna try my brownie?

I had my own here, Oppa.” I pointed my brownie.

Oh, yeah right.

The awkward silent hit on us again. Hard. I don’t know what to do anymore. I still can’t believe everything but even if it’s a dream, I don’t want it to end anytime soon.

Hey, Oppa. About the lyrics I made just now, I was just trying to capture your emotion about losing your Dad. I’m sorry, I guess. I can redo it,

He was frozen again but the smile back again to his handsome face. “It’s okay. It was perfect, the feel, the description, everything. You’re doing perfectly great, Erin-ah.

I was afraid that he’s going to be, I don’t know, freak out or something. “Okay, then.

Have you ever lost someone you treasure the most in your life?” his gaze turned serious again. His words sounds serious. I’m a joy-killer…

I took a deep breath, getting myself ready for some stingy feeling in my heart that follows the story. “My best of the best friend. He died in a very bad car accident. His Hyung went to a shrink for a couple of months after his death. We’ve been together for only 4 years. It was 4 days before my birthday. Richard, his Hyung, said they were looking for my birthday present.” I tried to sound casual eventough Edgar’s pale-dead-face made me tremble. I was too young to go through such pain. He was too young.

Oh, I’m so sorry. My Dad passed away 4 days after my birthday, you know. We have the slightly same story of losing our beloved ones. How old was your friend?” He smiled and hold my hands tight. Comforting me as if we’re good friends. As if we’re brother and sister… I return the hold, as tight as his.

Sixteen and I was going sixteen 4 days after we buried him.

Oh, God. I’m so sorry, Erin-ah.

No, it’s okay. I’m used to this feeling I got when I told people about this, hehehe~ We have to move on, right? I bet Edgar is now doing just okay with all beautiful angels in heaven.

Wise! That’s true, Erin-ah.

I took a sip of my vanilla latte. I’ve ignored it since we started talking. He took another bite of my cheesecake with a strawberry too. I can’t help the motherly smile as he hummed after chewing the cake. Can I keep this connection we made? God, can we please maintain this great relationship you gave to us??

Erin, wanna go to a karaoke place?” he winked at me.

Wait. That’s not right. That can’t be happening. “But I paid everything, you left your wallet somewhere, remember?

He slapped his forehead and laugh in embarrassment. I laugh too. “Okay, so maybe next time.

Next time? How? Oppa, please get your sense back~! Ah, jinjja wae geurae?”

He bit his lower lip, trying to hold his loud laugh. I laugh too. How can he be so foolish like that? Sheesh, Oppa~ He must’ve dropped some of his brain somewhere LOL!

I can actually have a  next time with you! Lemme have your number~!” he’s being very excited, almost jumping up and down on his seat like a little kid. How can you be soooo cute like this, Oppa?! Your cuteness is killing me~~

Don’t flirt around,

I don’t! Seriously, I gotta pay you back for everything today. For this,” he pointed his drink and brownie. “For this,” he waved again the loose leaf where I’ve written future lyrics for his song. “And for everything you share with me today.” He smiled a wise and warm smile.

My face blushed upon his words. He laughed when I tried to hide my face.

Don’t hide like that, Erin. Hehehe I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I’m just really glad that I met someone like you in this kinda place, hehehe~

Never mind I’ll find someone like you~~ I wish nothing but the best for you~~

OWH! There you are, crystal clear voice~! You really should apply to JYPE, I’ll bribe Jinyoung Hyung for sure.

Sssshh~! What are you talking about? Hahahaha don’t be like that, please.

Okay so now, gimme your number. I really want to pay you back for inspirations you gave me today. It means the world for me, okay. Hurry, hurry~

So I gave him my number. I gave my freaking cellphone number to Junsu of 2PM!! I wouldn’t regret if a truck hit me right after I walk out of this café. This is heaven, I’ve tasted heaven, I wouldn’t mid die right now LOL ^^v

Since I can’t snap a pic with you, can you please sign this for me?” I gave him a small notepad I always bring with me, along with the sharpy. He signed it with a huge smile and sometimes he giggles to himself. Oh dear, that’s cute!

Tadaaa~!

I took the notepad from him and burst to a loud laugh as I read it. He’s lost his freaking mind I guess, write those message and not even thinking about what would happen if someone read that. I’ll be a dead meat! Oh God, please forgive his cuteness and his naivete…

~~

TO : Sweet Tiger 에린

고마워 for the choc, brownie, laughter, inspirations, and

EVERYTHING! ^^

Forever yours,

(he signed here)

Jun.K

~~

You’re going to kill me with this single piece of paper, Oppa.” I complaint to him under my breath.

Uhm?” he looked at me when he heard me said something. “Something wrong?

This is wrong, Oppa. Very wrong. Why did you trust me this much? I mean, I can accidentally show this to my friend and then the media will come and you’ll be in a scandal! That would be the end of me, Oppa. Please,

Because you’re going to be involved in my life.” He crossed his arms and shrug his shoulders.

What?! Since when? What are you talking about?!” I panicked. He’s looking puzzled after putting up confident face.

He took some time to answer me. “Since you ask me if I lost my wallet, and officially started when you gave me your number.

I popped my eyes, jaw dropped, and I blinked three times at him. He smiled mischievously.

You trust me that much?

Yup! You’re going to be one good friend of Jun.K and you know what to do, right?

I nodded. Pretty much irritated with his boldness of trusting such stranger. Wait, I’m a stranger to him, right? Is 2 hours enough to prove that I’m trustable? It’s not that I hate him, but I think he needs to be more careful of his decisions.

Or maybe I’m the one who needs to be more careful? I’m one broken tap, telling everything a stranger asked me. I’m not as happy as I was two hours ago. I’m not that careful. I don’t want to be ‘someone’ I simply wanna be ‘noone’.

Maybe attention is not that bad, but you gotta help me if I had some troubles with fame.

That’s some spirit~!” he eyed my gloves and staring at me again.

What?

Can I have that? I like it. You can take mine.” He pointed at the tiger patterned gloves of mine. Seems doubtful since he knew a love tiger too.

I handed him my gloves and lifted my hand, asking for his gloves. He smiled broadly and gave his glove to me. I tried hard fighting all the urge to smell at the gloves.

Thank you~~” he said joyfully, looking at every inch of the gloves and he was satisfied. “What did you think about today? Honestly, I’m very happy!

He’s genuinely happy. Oh, what a cute guy! Gotta love him more after this. I gotta tell him one thing.

Actually, I would be a lot happier if I met Chansungi Oppa.” I said it as casual as possible. His eye widen in shock, can’t believe what I said.

So you’re happy, but would be happier if Chansung is the one you bumped into. So, you like Chansung more? Well, if that’s so…

You’re definitely disappointed, Oppa. It’s very obvious.” I raised my brows and sipped my getting-cold vanilla latte. He leaned beack to his seat and crossed his arms in front of his chest, looking away disappointedly. I smiled slyly.

Yeah, obviously.

Don’t worry about it. I’m going to be involved more in your life, no? My ideal type can still change, okay? You’d only need to win me over. Piece of cake, huh?

He nodded right away. “Promise me to be faithful to me, Erin. We’re going to be entangled with each other more after this. I’m going to cast a spell on you to win you over. How about that?

That’s the spirit!” I gave my right hand and he linked all his fingers to mine and hold my hand tight. He suddenly hold my hands with both his hands. “What’s with all this melodramatic feeling, Oppa?

Because I have to go back to the studio. I really want to stay and spend more fun time with you, but at the same time I want to quickly fix my song. What should I do, Erin-ah?” he leaned his head to my hands that he holds. I was freezed, shocked with his aegyo. His aegyo kills a girl, he’s a handsome criminal *___*

You said yourself that music is the most important thing in your life. Go on, do your thing. We can meet again next time.” I don’t wanna go home right now. I want to spend more time with you. Can I go with you instead? You’re too fun not to be with. Can you see that I don’t want to go like you too from my eyes?

Yeah, we can meet again next time when we have more spare time.” He lifted his head and smile to me sweetly, still holding my hands. He won’t let go of it. Neither do I.

You have my number, what to worry about our next meeting?” I leaned my body forward, resting my elbows to the table, letting myself getting closer with him just to memorize every inch of his face in such a close range.

Yeah, I got your number! Hahahaha yes, so I can call you when I miss you hahaha~!

My mind went blank when he said ‘so I can call you when I miss you…’ and my face heated up by itself. Dear Brain and Body, cooperate better, please. Don’t embarrass me like this!

He looked at his watch and look up to me again. “This is good bye, Erin-ah.

“Yeah, for today. Don’t be such a melodramatic guy, Oppa! I’m not going to die anytime soon, there’s still tomorrow for both of us, okay. It’s just that you’re going to miss me a lot because I’m miss-able.” I laughed as I tried to block all the melodramatic tone and let him only hear the casual me. I don’t want to let you go too, Oppa. Can’t you feel how tight I’m holding your hands?

Hahaha, copy that, Missy.” He suddenly brought himself up, stepping aside, standing tall next to me. “Because you sounded disappointed knowing that you can’t take a picture with me, let me just give you this instead,” he opened his arm wide, inviting me to come and hug him.

I hugged him in delight. He wrap his arms around my waist and back, while I’m resting my head on his shoulder, absorbing every beautiful scent of him. We hugged for quite a long time and he rubbed my back warmly, like an older brother would.

Keep in touch, okay? Don’t delay on my text because I would definitely text you a lot. Get it?

I got it, Oppa. Gomawoyo, Junsu Oppa. You made my day and that means the world to me, literally.

He released the hug and hold both side of my face. “Nado gomabgo, Erin-ah. Ja, urineun ije galkka?*

I nodded and we take all our stuff, putting the gloves, the scarves, the hood, and he gave me his arms to be linked. He watched me as I go and I still turn my head to him sometimes, and he would waved at me. yelling at me to look upfront and be careful.

My decisions were right. Gave him my cellphone number was a great decision. Listened to his song and wrote him the lyrics I could think of was an awesome decision. Being patient and talk to him like we’re old friends was an epic decision to be made. Trusting him could hurt me in the future but do I look like I even care? The image of him still watching me walk further from him and waved at me was the best image and I really wish my eyes could take picture.

I keep walking without turning my head again because the last time I turned my head, he was still there and waving frantically. Suddenly I felt my eyes heated up and tears are forming, along with the squeezed sensation inside my chest and tummy.

This is weird. I don’t cry easily. He’s just a stranger I met today and I happen to pay for his drink and cake because he left his wallet. Why would I cry for him and I can’t stop the pain inside?

 

… e n d  o f  f l a s h b a c k …

 

“No way…” Cheryl blocked in shock.

“Way, Cher. Like I said, I’m not ready for such attention, that’s why I can’t tell you. I just can’t trust you with all girl friends you have and how girls love gossiping, I can’t violate my promise. I can’t violate his trust, okay?” she scrunched her face in disagreement. “This is the very first time I opened up about what I’ve maintained with him for these 5 months.”

“Okay whatever, I should really respect your decision because I know how fame could be a troublesome.”

“Thank you, Cheryl. Please keep it between us, okay?”

“I’ll try my best to keep my mouth shut about this. So, you manage to keep in touch with him?”

“Yeah, of course I am. I didn’t have that big expectation about him would text me or whatever, but two days later he really did texted me. Cee, you have no idea how much I wanted to jump from my seat and dance that ‘oh yeah’ dance of MBLAQ!”

“oh my dear God! Erin, you really are one annoying lucky , you know that?!” Cheryl sulked but Erin laughed at her and hugged her.

“You’ll lose if you’re jealous~”

“I do lose from you, and this is the first time I’ve ever felt how it is to be a loser.” She hugged Erin back and leaned her head on Erin’s shoulder. “So if my mouth just slipped off and this story leaked to the public, or at least my friends, it’s the end of us, right? Including our family?”

“Pretty much, Cher. You want your privacy, yeah? So don’t mess up.” Erin let go of the hug.

“Okay, okay, got it. So it’s actually, every Friday, am I right?”

“Yeah, every Friday I would go to wherever he told me to meet him and he’ll always the one waiting for me, not the other way around.”

“Ugh! Okay I lose again! You’re the best secret keeper, keep it up!” she hit Erin’s shoulder playfully.

Cheryl stops her nag about Erin’s stack of bills and receipts. She even bought her a special place to put all those things Erin-so-called-memories. She even manage to control herself and about Erin’s secret friendship with Junsu of 2PM. They pretty much now live in such a harmony especially because it’s Erin’s apartment where she join now.

Cheryl secretly has been collecting movie tickets since two years ago, pretty much the same time when Erin started to like collecting bills. She kept a box full of movie tickets in her closet. Far and deep so not many people could reach that box. How clever!

But one day…

“Cher~! Do you have something that could match this?” Erin showed Cheryl her crop-top. It’s flowery, cute and fresh. Not really into Erin’s style.

“So now you’re girlish, Hon? I think you can match that with my blue tank top. It’s pink and orange but there are some blue there. Wear your blue-wrinkled shorts ad it would be wonderful.”

“What about the shoes? Do I have to wear my high-cut beige wedges?”

“YES! hey, your fashion sense is getting better!”

“Yeah, thanks to my stylish, Kim Junsu. He love how I could manage to look girlish in all band tshirts so I think he unconsciously told me what to do with my fashion sense.”

“And you unconsciously followed whatever he told you. Right, right, I know that.” She winked at Erin.

“Okay so where can I found your blue tank top, Cee?”

“On my closet. Well, you know how to find my blue clothes, right? It’s on the all-blue part.” She laughed at her own statement, suddenly feeling funny about how she always arrange her clothes on colour. Everything black goes with the black, everything blue or pink has its own stack.

“Okay! Thanks, Cee~!” Erin ran to Cheryl’s room and opened her closet, trying to find the right blue. She has almost all kind of blue and Erin chose the lowermost blue, the darkest one among all. “What is this?” she found a silver box of 6 inches by 4 inches. That’s Cheryl’s box of memories, filled with movie tickets. “No freaking way! Cheryl, you did this too? Guilty pleasure, huh? Gees, Girl!”

“Have you found it?” Cheryl made a sudden appearance.

“Cheryl, tell me it’s just my imagination.” She showed her what she found. “Hidden in the lowermost of your closet? Why do you hide it?”

“Because people might think it’s we-weird. You-you would think it’s weird!” she defend herself.

“I’m the weirdest, Cee since I’m collecting not only movie tickets but also bills! Come on, we’re all weirdos. People do that for fun. Being weirdo is fun and okay. It won’t make you ugly.”

“Yeah, you’re right.”

They laugh together to break the awkward situation. Cheryl hugged Erin and thanked her for not thinking she’s weird. Cheryl is the diva, ex-prom queen, all good titles, she can’t be a weirdo and won’t be a geek.

“Hey, wanna come with me? It’s Friday~”

“Oh, thank you, thank you , thank you, Honey!!” she kissed Erin’s cheeks and forehead before she grab her clothes and getting ready to meet 2PM’s only Panda-holic. Cheryl can’t even stop making noises and keep humming when she put on makeup, enough to show how much she love and thanked her cousin.

 

~~ THE FREAKING END ~~

 

note :

Nado gomabgo, Erin-ah. Ja, urineun ije galkka?* --> I thank you too, Erin-ah. Now, shall we go?


Another long part but this is the end, you guys :D How was it? Lemme know what you think, please :)

I know there would be some mistakes that I don't see, but I did do my best on this one.. Comments are expected as usual~