#1

Receipts of Memories

Everything in blue is spoken in English except when there's only Erin+Cheryl. Everything in italic spoken in Korean ^^v hope you don't confuse yourself~

Excuse me for using my own name here instead of using reader's POV or using 'you' .___.v

2pandavoice chingu,here's what I promise you,Dear :) Happy happy birthday~!


“Gaaaah~~ Why is your wallet soooo thick?! You don’t even have that much money, I know that for sure. Look at these papers coming out of the wallet, wanting to go out, gasping for air! Erin! What the hell have you done to your own wallet?!”

Erin glance at her black wallet. It’s not the huge wallet girls have, it’s a man’s wallet. The small one you can slip into you jeans back pocket, packed with papers, not money. Her cousin, Cheryl, is a cleanliness worshiper, and Erin’s wallet is a single grain of sand in her eyes right now.

“Well, those are receipts, bills, movie tickets, all kind of tickets, you know…” Erin put on her glasses and back to her thick mass communication theory book again.

“Why would you keep those?! Those are junks, Honey.” Cheryl turn down her volume. Thank God. If she keeps doing that for the whole week, Erin swore to God she’d kick Cheryl out of her apartment.

“Those are not junks, those are memories, Cher. Shut up. Those are actually have been sorted by date, so I’m not gonna do whatever things you told me to do.”

Cheryl sat in front of Erin and took off Erin’s glasses.

“Hey!”

“Listen, Erin. I know how much you love keeping memories in any ways, but can you at least find another place to keep those bills and receipts and whatever from your wallet, please Honey.” Cheryl tapped Erin’s wallet.

Erin scratched her neck and staring at her packed wallet. Poor little thing. She looked into Cheryl’s eyes. She plead with her eyes and Erin tried to endure it.

“Or can you at least open it and tell me what kind of memories you’ve been keeping in there?”

“Really? You wanna know?” Erin asked sharply. She and Cheryl always have this love-hate relationships. They’re earth and sky, sooo different. Erin is more masculine, easy going, indifferent, and sometimes a crazy lucky , while Cheryl is girly with pink and other pretty stuffs, very concern about her image and cautious, and Erin said she has Princess disease LOL

“Yeah. Well, if that could lessen my hate to your messy wallet, let’s do it!” Cheryl smiled widely.

Erin started to open her wallet. It was pretty stiff. She started thinking about Cheryl’s words. Maybe she should find another place to keep all of those ‘memories’. She let out all those rumpled papers and spread those out. There are movie tickets, receipts, loads of bills, and other kinds of tickets.

“Wow! It’s been more than a year, Honey and you still keep this train ticket with you?” Cheryl take a train ticket that Erin just spread out. Cheryl can only recall that it was the day Erin went to Paris to meet her friends and ended up touring and stopped in London, she can’t remember why Erin stayed in London for 3 days.

“It was when I’m going to meet my friends, we went to London and in the end, we got ourself into a gig and turned out there’s 30 Seconds to Mars there. You know how I love Mars, I’m a true Echelon back then.”

“Okay, got it. What about this one? A receipt of coffee shop? One vanilla latte, one strawberry cheesecake, two brownies, and one hot chocolate? Seriously?” Cheryl pointed at one paper of a coffee shop. It wasn’t really rumpled or creasy, seems like Erin really keep it well.

“Seriously, Cher. Not only because I spent pretty much a lot in that place, but that was the day I met Junsu of 2PM. I never tell people about it and you’re the first one.” Erin shrugged her shoulders indifferently as if meeting one of 2PM member is not that big deal.

“Junsu of 2PM?!! How?! Hey, tell me everything~~ Please~” Cheryl fixed her sit and Erin smiled.

“Now you got my attention here,”

“Oh come on just tell me how could you meet him already~!”

“Well, as you can see on the date, it was fall and I decided to go to a coffee shop near my buddy’s apartment in Seoul, all alone. I was covering my body, with a hat, scarf, two layers of jacket, and gloves, there’s only my eyes to be seen.

“When I ordered everything except the chocolate, this one guy seemed to look for his wallet. I asked him did he lost his wallet or something, didn’t even realize it was Junsu until he finally open his glasses after I paid for his chocolate.”

“What?! You really are one lucky , okay? So what’s next? You guys sit together? No fans swarming around or something?” Cheryl looked very excited. She’s not that big fan of 2PM but still she likes 2PM too.

“Well, we spent about almost 3 hours of talking, you know Cher…”

 

… f l a s h b a c k …

 

-Erin’s POV-

This guy covered himself like me too. Ha! Funny how other people could only wear a warm hat and a jacket but I tug myself in such a thick clothes. Good thing is, I’m not alone~ and he’s all black too~

One hot chocolate and a brownie, please.

Sweet. How ordered one drink and one piece of cake while me, ordering vanilla latte, a cheesecake, and a brownie. The calories, oh God, I swear I would go jog tomorrow morning!

He suddenly started to have this panic aura and his hands were looking in all over pockets he got on his clothes. Jeans’ pockets, jacket’s pockets, and he put down his hood. He must’ve lost his wallet. Oh, poor guy~

Excuse me, Sir. Did you lose your wallet? You seems to be very panic just now,” I leaned myself to him and whispered to him. He looked at me with puzzled face. He’s dazzling handsome! His

handsome face framed with a square no-lense glasses, complementing his perfection. His thick eyebrows, sharp nose, plumpy lips (yummy~!), and sharp jaw-line…

Eh? Oh… That… Actually, I can’t remember whether I bring it with me or not. Oh my God, can I cancel the order? I’m so ed!” he whispered back to me, looking frustrated.

Here you go, Sir. Everything’s XX Won.” The waitress, Hyeyun, came with a tray of smoking hot chocolate and a piece of chocolate brownies.

Miss, you can put his bill altogether with mine. Seems like my friend here has lost his wallet. Dude, you’re so lucky you met me here~!” I tapped that guy’s shoulder. He seemed to be confused at first, but then he smiled and touched my hand that’s on his shoulder.

I am indeed lucky. Thank you, my Darling~

My heart jumped upon his words. Darling? Oh, yes. We’re into acting now. He even squeezed my hand and I winked at him. He mouthed ‘Thanks a lot.’ and added a childish smile in the end.

Oh? Okay then. Hey, Sunhee, I’ll take over your customer here.” she shouted to her friend that’s working with my order.

Okay~ I’m done here, I’ll bring everything there.

So it will be one vanilla latte, one strawberry cheesecake, two brownies, and one hot chocolate. Everything’s XX Won, Miss.

I handed her my card and everything’s paid. That guy let out a relieved sigh. I hid my smile and he swiftly grab the tray.

“Here, I’ll take it for you.” He said cheerfully.

Okay. Let’s sit there, would be warm and hidden.” I pointed a corner and he nodded his head, walking by my side, just like we’re old friends.

He put everything on the table and handed the tray to a nearby waiter. We took off our scarves, gloves, and hats.

He gave his hand to me and smiled. “I’m Junsu.

Oh, yeah. I’m Erin. Nice to meet you, Junsu.” I shook his hand. He grabbed my hand tightly. “Wait! Junsu as in Kim Junsu of 2PM?? You look awfully familiar,

Ssssh! Keep it down, Girl. Yes, as in the Daegu man.

I laughed but I blocked my mouth with my hat. “Awesome~! I must’ve saved the whole Korea in my past life! Hahahahaha~!

Maybe yes, and now you’re helping an idol. How come you don’t realize it the first hand? I mean, I took off my hood already right there.” He pointed the cashier counter.

I don’t know, I really don’t know. I guess my brain was just so stupid. Oh, and I should call you ‘Oppa’, so let me do this once again. Annyeonghaseyo, bangawoyo, Junsu Oppa.

Ne, annyeonghaseyo. Jeodo bangawoyo, Erin-ssi.

And then it’s a very awkward silent situation where my brain still can’t think right. I can’t believe I’m so lucky! I don’t even know my friend apartment is near 2PM’s dorm. Junsu Oppa put both his hands on his cup, absorbing the warmth.

“Oppa, do you live around here?” I finally ask him, short after I took a glance to his still-smoking hot chocolate cup. His long-slender fingers wrapped the cup perfectly. I gulped at the sight. I always love slender fingers and his is pretty eventhough I can feel some blisters on his palm.

I was working on a song with my buddies. I was bored, so I came here and left my wallet somewhere in the studio. That’s why you never saw me here,” he shrugged his shoulders. “What about you?

I was alone in my friend’s house, done helping with the cleaning, bored, so I decided to go out and I’ve seen this place since yesterday. Seems nice, so yeah, here I am with you.

He blew on his hot chocolate. Cutely. Can’t even wait to drink it and right after the first sip, I bet he was burnt. I laughed at him and I lean closer to him.

Come here, Oppa. You know how Indonesian people enjoys their hot coffee in the morning?” I poured some of the hot chocolate to the saucer and blew it until the smoke gone. “Here,

He took the saucer and took a sip and then his eyes popped in happiness. “WOW! That is a smart quick way to enjoy a hot drink. Thanks, Erin-ssi.”

Yup, no problem.” I took a bite of my strawberry cheesecake and slowly chewing it. This cheesecake is awesomeness! Oh God, no wonder it cost pretty much a lot!

Are you from Indonesia?” he finished everything on the saucer and pouring some again.

Uhm, yes, I was born in Bandung, spent only 2 years then moved to Philadelphia for 2 years, Boston for a year, back to Indonesia again for 9 years. When I thought I’m going to be stuck there, my family moved to Ontario, stayed there for almost 3 years, and Seoul up until now. I’ve been here long enough, so you can speak freely with me.” I smiled to him when he’s blowing his chocolate cutely.

Interesting~ So you speak Korean fluently now?

Yes, I am~

But it’s fine by me, I can speak both and I know some Indonesian too. Like, ‘Ayo berpacaran denganku.’* And ‘Selamat malam, saya Junsu. Terima kasih.’** Was that right?” he smiled proudly.

Yeah, pretty good, actually.

Hell yeah, I can remember that. Their first Indonesian solo concert. Epic! I went to the Seoul concert and went to the Indonesian concert too, both very awesome! 2PM has the best fan-service! Call me greedy , yes, I know. You lose if you’re jealous~

Tiger, huh? We could be like ‘Trouble Maker’ then,” he laughed at his own words. He pointed my purse, shoes, and gloves. How could you not love tiger? For me, tiger is way cuter then cat.

Oh, yes. They’re just sooo adorable! I love big cats, you know. Tigers, lions, and I love bear too~

So you’re supposed to be with Chansung or Junho, since you’re a cat-person. I’m more of a dog-person. Remember my Audrey?”

I pouted, trying to be cute. “But you like tiger motives too,” I mumbled the words pretty clear.

He grinned, looking silly. “I do, yes. I’m sorry, I was just kidding.” He rubbed my left hand that was on the table, holding the cheesecake plate. His warm hand shocked me as I was expecting it would be cold. He’s warm and seems to be a nice person ^^

You called me Oppa, then you’re younger than me?” questioning in the end. He looked at me, curiousity floating on his clear eyes.

4 years and 11 months, to be exact.” I smiled at him, waving slightly the fork that has a piece of my cheesecake on it. Putting it kinda slowly inside my mouth, following his gaze. He was staring at my cheesecake and as I put it in my mouth, he blinked, slapped back to reality I guess. Hahaha~ I can brag about it some day~

Almost 5 years? You made me feel like I’m an old guy.

Don’t worry, to me you’re a hot old guy. y old Panda, hehehe~” I laughed as I finished the sentence.

He smiled widely and took another sip of his chocolate that gets cold pretty quick on the saucer. I’m expecting some shock expression from his eyes, but he just laughed.

y old Panda? Thank you, Erin-ah. I can use that as my rap lyrics, you know.” he made a note on his cellphone and my face turns red and felt hot. I put my head down so he won’t see my embarrassed face. He would write a rap with my joke in it? God, you DO exist~!

Are you making a new song? With rap? I like your ballad song more, don’t know why. I can easily relate to the lyrics. Writing Letter is a very awesome ballad of yours so far.

Oh, thank you again, Erin-ah. I appreciate that.” He smiled cutely. His gum showed and that’s pretty much what I love about his wide smile or laugh. His eyes turns to a thin line, like a cartoon character. “You wanna listen to my new song? Still can’t write an awesome lyrics though.” He took out his iPod and gave me one of the earplug. God, it’s not a sin to have a handsome singer handed me his earplug, right? If yes, please forgive this one, God!

He played the song. Another RnB song, rhythmic and pretty addictive. I found myself humming along the song, trying to capture his emotion in the song, trying to understand what kind of story behind the rhythm.

How was it? What did you 'see' in my song?” he was almost like pleading with his puppy eyes.

You’re desperate of showing your love to someone. You regretted it? Right?

He nodded. “Great~ Do you play any instrument? I know you sing well just now.” We giggled. His gaze are demanding answer, I can’t help myself from spacing when his eyes bore into my soul. I’m weak to his gaze.

I’m in a choir, been 4 years now and I can only play piano. I play drums a bit too, because when I was in middle school I used to have a band.

Perfect! I know you have some lyrics now in your head, can you write it down for me, please? Help me with some inspiration.

I opened my purse and took out the small post-it that I always bring with me. I like to write everything that came to my mind and make a poems or lyrics out of it.

Okay, you’re well prepared. You write lyrics too?

I nodded with confident. “Now, here’s what I can think of…” I wrote down my thoughts after listened to his song. That song just trapped inside, I can’t get it out of my head!

~~

Now that you’re gone, I can do nothing but to reminiscing your smile.

The trail of memories you left are just not enough.

I want to share more with you. I want to hug you again, embracing the warmth you have. I want to have you more and endless.

Now that you’re gone, I can only cry myself a river, regretting the lack of your touch.

Regretting more as I think about you being with me was adequate.

Can I get on my knees and plead? I can’t go on like this.

Can I pour all tears I have and please? I can’t go on like this.

I can’t go on like this forever.

I miss you but tears can’t bring back your breath.

~~

Oh, come on it’s not that good. It was nothing,” I mumbled under my breath as he read what I wrote over and over again and keep saying that it was great. “You gotta fix that, you have to write a rap on it too, you said. It was too dark, you know.

This is the perfect darkness I want to capture. I wasn’t ready to bring this darkness in the song. You write it just perfect, without making it too dark.” He patted my head, like an Oppa would to his baby sister. The warmth he has is awesomely comfortable. My face blushed crazily >,< “Gomawo, Erin-ah~

Promise me you’ll write more, but if you really like what I made, you can maintain the feeling, right? Just match my level there, I’m sure you’re capable of it, Oppa.

You should come with me to Chance Hyung’s studio and make music together. He’d love you!” he waved the loose leaf on his hand, the one with my hand-writing on it. The one he appreciate. The one he love… I wasn’t dreaming, yeah?

Then I should have the copyright as lyricist too,

His face frozen for some times. I really wanna laugh, but I successfully manage to keep my face straight. He must be thinking hard about the copyright. Oh, how easy it is to make fun out of you, Oppa~ Come on, can’t you see how my eyebrows wiggled as I lied to you?

Or you can just thanked me, you know. Like the ‘special thanks from Junsu’ thingy. That would be good for me,

“Eh??” he was shocked.

Oppa, why so serious? Come on, I haven’t even say yes at your invitation to go to Chance Oppa’s studio. Relax,

His stiffened face was loosened and he laugh loud at my statement. “I’m so sorry, Erin-ah. Oh, you idiot Junsu. Aigo~” he hid his face with his hands.

We laughed. I tried to sculp this memories into my thick skull. His laugh, they way he smile, how he look when he laugh and smile with me. I made him laugh… I made an idol laugh after I . Let’s see where my luck ended.

 

 

note :

‘Ayo berpacaran denganku.’* --> "Come be my girlfriend." this is what he said on 2PM Hands Up Asia Tour 2011 in Jakarta, Indonesia. I can remember this one clearly LOL ^^

‘Selamat malam, saya Junsu. Terima kasih.’** --> "Good evening, I'm Junsu. Thank you."


In the end, I made it very long, so I decided to divide it into two parts. I'm sorry for any mistake with the english, I'm not as good as I was a year ago, dunno why =__= but yeah well, I really hope you guys enjoy this one :) Comments are expected :3