Different zone

Reunion in L.A

 

“”

Sehun cursed for the nth times as he was sneezing, curling up at the doorsteps of Luhan’s building. He had called his boyfriend countlessly from the moment he got out of the cab til his phone ran out of battery but there was no answer from the Chinese boy. If it was in Seoul, he would have just bang his fists on the door to wake up the whole building but here in L.A, he didn’t want to end up in jail. Besides it seemed like his Bambi was not at home so Sehun had no choice but staying up outside for almost 5 hours now.

************

Luhan sped up his pace on the sidewalk. He had tried to call Sehun for several times but couldn’t get through.  As promising his boyfriend to stay at home on their anniversary for some kind of connection which the younger boy refused to reveal, Luhan had to rearrange his schedule and actually stayed at the studio for three days in a row to finish his job. He planned to have a day off before the big day, refresh himself as much as possible. He didn’t want Sehun to be distracted by how he looked so pale or the lack of sleep in his eyes while he practiced his seduction with the younger boy on skype.  After sending Sehun a goodnight message last night, he had switched his phone into silent mode as usual and fell asleep in front of the computer like a dead body after done adjusting the last photo. As he checked his phone this morning, he was panic when there were over 100 miss calls from his boyfriend. The anxiety inside him was raised up high since he couldn’t get to either Sehun or Jongin.

The Chinese boy was about to check with the airline agency when the next flight to Seoul was then something caught his eyes. He stopped as he saw someone sleeping in front of his building’s doorstep. The person was hiding his face under his own embrace with knees curling up tight to chest, arms wrapping around legs and……shaking. Luhan got closer and tilted his head aside to have a clear view.

Weird, he looks like Sehun.

He looks….

OH MY GOD SEHUNNN

Luhan almost slipped as he rushed to the younger boy.

“Sehun ah, is that you? Sehun ah, it’s me Luhan.”

The model half opened his eyes, he was shivering with cold, trembling some incoherent words.

“Hyung….I’m…why…answer…phone...”

And then he fainted out in Luhan’s arms.

“Oh my god, Sehun ah.”

 The photographer jumped out of skin, shaking the younger boy’s body to wake him up while calling out his name repeatedly but no use. He quickly threw Sehun’s arm around his neck to drag the model into the building. Even in his dream, he never thought the first time he got to see his beloved boyfriend was in this situation.

**************

Sehun once thought about how he would die. It suddenly came up when he was in his literature class, studying about Romeo&Juliet. His classmates had laughed at him when he told them he wanted to be like Romeo, fighting and died for the one he loved. When he turned twenty one, he wished he could die for his mother as the doctor told him there was no cure for her sickness. And the last time he experienced the near-death was one year ago, the night he met Luhan for the first time.

Apart from that, Sehun didn’t think about death until this morning, waiting for his boyfriend in the cold morning and frankly, it’s not good.

Sehun stirred under the blanket, slowly opened his eyes to see a smiling Luhan caressing his face.

“Hello, handsome.”

The model rubbed his forehead to get rid of the annoyed buzz sound echoing inside his head.

“How long have I been out hyung?”

Luhan checked with his hand-watch before dropped his eyes on Sehun again

“Almost 12 hours. You must have suffered affection of time zone difference sickness.” the photographer softly answered, his hand trailed down to grip Sehun’s. “How do you feel baby?”

 “My throat is hurt and a little headache too, but I think I’m okay now.” Sehun coughed, he had also caught a cold for sure.

The younger boy tried to get up and leaned against the bed-head. Luhan still smiled at him fondly while their hands were intertwined perfectly.

“Is there something on my face hyung?”  Sehun touched his face confusedly

“No, I just realize how much I miss you and love you.”

Luhan gently confessed and leaned in to steal a kiss from Sehun’s lips but the latter quickly put his index finger on Luhan’s, shaking his head slightly.

“Don’t, you’ll get sick too.”

Luhan pouted, but seeing how his boyfriend still tired from the long flight and waiting, he decided to let this one go. Besides, he had Sehun with him for few days now so why to rush. Though it was better if the younger boy showed up physically unharmed, he should have told Luhan that he would come.

“Hyung, what are you thinking?” Sehun’s concerned voice snapped him back “You look dazed.”

“Nothing, Sehun ah.” Luhan darted his eyes to meet with the younger boy’s, a grin formed at the corner of his lips. “I made some soup. Come on, you must be starving.”

Sehun chuckled as he let the honey-brown hair boy drag him to the kitchen, push him into a chair and place a bowl of hot soup in front of him. The model wondered when his boy friend found his time to practice cooking while he was too busy with work, but still his food was amazing. Sehun didn’t realize he was so hungry until he heard Luhan giggle from across the table.

“Slow down, tiger.”

The Chinese boy teased, handed Sehun a tissue. He couldn’t get his eyes from his boyfriend for a second. After a year dating, there was more than once Luhan felt sorry for Sehun to be stuck with him. The model was young, handsome and talented. He deserved someone that would be always by his side whenever he’s down, not the one that left him right after they spent their first night together. If it hadn’t been Sehun who was mature yet stubborn, he would have given up and run back to the younger boy’s arms.

“Sehun ah…”

“Hmm?”

“Why didn’t you tell me? You could have been lost, you know.” Luhan put his chin on the edge of the table, the image of Sehun fainted in his arms this morning really sent ache to his stomach.

The model paused to take a sip of water.

“It’s Jongin’s idea and also his fault. In fact, you don’t have to remember him anymore because he’s so dead when I go back.”

Luhan laughed loud, he knew the whole thing was involved to no one else but the stylist. That boy had so many weird yet genius thoughts in his small head. Hoping he hadn’t told Sehun about those stuffs he emailed me.

“Ah, he mentioned something about you considering his suggestions when I phoned him earlier this morning…”

Of course, he already had.

“Whatever it is, I highly recommend you not to take it.” Sehun continued with his serious tone.

“Oh, don’t worry, unlike someone, I learnt my lesson very well.”

Luhan chuckled, earning a frown from Sehun. The younger boy stared at his boyfriend with sulking eyes, but that made Luhan even started laughing. Feeling a little resented, Sehun crossed his arms and kicked his legs toward Luhan’s direction under the table. Startled by the sudden attack, the Chinese boy shut up his mouth but soon his lips curved into a snigger. He gazed his so-you-wanna-play look on Sehun, while his right leg slowly found its way crawling up from the younger boy’s ankle to his knee, then his thigh.

Sehun was shocked. He chewed his lower lip, clenched both his fists to fight the urge of letting out a moan. The heat from Luhan’s touch was getting more and more unbearable. Luhan narrowed his eyes, waiting for his boyfriend to give up but the younger boy seemed to be tougher than he thought.

How about this…

Luhan slightly slide down his body into the chair, stretched out his leg up high until it reached the sensitive spot. When the Chinese boy started rubbing his crotch, the model abruptly stood up, held up his hands in defeat.

“Okay, okay, you win.”

Luhan went back to his previous posture, leaned back on the chair, a victory smirk formed on his face while he winked at his boyfriend.

“My game is much more fun, right?”

Sehun shook his head in disbelief, pulled the chair a little bit far from the table (and Luhan’s reach as well) before sat down, dropping his curious eyes on the photographer.

“Where did you learn this thing hyung?”

Luhan stretched out his hands dramatically, announced proudly

“Welcome to my class of seduction. That baby is one of my new moves.”

Sehun’s brows met in confusion

“One of? You have more?”

“Of course. But the others are saved for our anniversary. So you have to wait until then.”

“Anniver…”

For the second time of this night, Sehun gasped, covered his mouth with both hands.

Across the table, Luhan was dumbfounded looking the younger boy kept slamming his forehead on the table while mumbled ‘stupid, stupid’ repeatedly. Not until Sehun lifted his head up, his face looked like he just had lost something important, did Luhan blink several times before asking with concern.

“Is something wrong Sehun?”

There was no response from the model, instead, he facepalmed and murmured something inaudible. The Chinese boy rushed to his side, tried to lift Sehun’s chin up to face him.

“Tell me Sehun, you’re scaring me.”

The younger boy sent him an apologetic look                                                   

“I’m sorry hyung. I screwed everything.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Our anniversary…Urhhh I must be the worst boyfriend ever.”

Sehun tore his hair out in frustration, nothing went on exactly as what he planned.

Luhan gripped the younger boy’s hands, he still didn’t understand what Sehun meant but he couldn’t care more, his boyfriend had to stop hurting himself like that. Therefore, Luhan tried to pull him into an embrace, comforting him by patting his back gently and said whatever words came across his mind first.

“It’s okay baby. You’re with me now, everything will be fine.”

Sehun placed his head on the older boy’s shoulder, his breath was slowly back to normal under Luhan’s hug

“I’m sorry hyung.”

The Chinese boy had enough, he broke their closeness and gave the model a grave look

“Don’t you dare apologize one more time. You did nothing wrong.”

“Yes I did.” Sehun plopped back to his chair, whining “Our anniversary is over and all I did was sleeping and making you worry.”

“What are you talking about?” Luhan arched his brow “Anniversary is tomorrow.”

The younger boy blinked several times before shook his head in disagreement

“No, it’s today.”

“It’s tomorrow” Luhan protested “I can show you the calendar if you want.”

Sehun tilted his head thinking. How could it be possible? His flight could not just last 4 hours.

“My flight was at 11. I was here at 3.” Sehun mumbled to himself, counting with his fingers “Something happened to my time measurement.”

Luhan chuckled, leaned in to give the younger boy a flick on his forehead to snap him back.

“You hopeless! You forgot the time zone difference!” he exclaimed.

Sehun was completely speechless for quite a minute. After a year trying to get used to living in peace with the ing time zone difference, he never knew it would come back and bite his like this. He wished there was a hole on the floor so he could jump down and bury himself with embarrassment.

The photographer waved both hands in front of his boyfriend to gain some attention before his heels, stepped forward the bedroom’s direction.

“When you’re done thinking, please join me in the bed. We’ll have a long day tomorrow and I need to prepare you a little bit.”

Sehun stood up, gladly the mortified moment was passed. He put the bowl into the sink before giving the latter a warning.

“You’re going to get sick too, you know.”

Luhan stopped at the door, turned his head aside and winked mischievously

“Isn’t it better if we’re both sick and have to stay in bed for the whole day?”

Then he disappeared into his room. Sehun quickly ran after his boyfriend, a smirk already placed on his lips.

“You’re soooo gonna regret for not listening to me, hyung.”