The plan vs The reality

Reunion in L.A

Getting together with his lovely boyfriend on their first anniversary was Sehun’s plan.

Waiting for 5 hours on the doorsteps of his boyfriend’s building in a freaking cold morning was his reality.

Sehun couldn’t believe he had agreed with Jongin on the whole surprised visiting in the first place. The stupid idea came up when they were at the dining table, having breakfast.

********************

 After Sehun’s mother’s death, Jongin had suggested (and successfully convinced) that the young model should move in with him because of listed reasons:

First: his apartment was nearer the studio than Sehun’s house (‘you do know I have a car, right?’ the model asked mockingly)

Second: it was such a waste as Jongin had a spare room while Sehun lived alone. The stylist emphasized that Sehun could save up some money for his further future if he reduced some rent fees (though Sehun didn’t want to admit, it was a good point.)

Third: it would be so much fun living together (‘okay, that’s bull!’ Sehun rolled his eyes while his friend bouncing up and down, clapping his hands excitedly)

Therefore during the first week after the funeral, Jongin would come and help Sehun with packing stuff and the model completely moved in with him two days after Luhan left. It was safe to say that living with Jongin was quite comfortable, except for a one thing: . It’s not like Sehun didn’t know anything about his friend’s personal life, in fact he knew more than he wanted to, but like he said before, he’d prefer stay out of the detailed zone.

Unfortunately, sharing a thin wall with Jongin pushed him into that zone against his will. Being far away from Luhan was bad enough, but waking up in the middle of the night by the loud ual moans was the nightmare.

“You should ask him for phone or do it on skype, man.” the stylist noticed the frustration on his friend’s face “You look like you’re in pain.”

“You don’t think I already talked with him about that.” Sehun scowled “How any of that could happen when we have this ing time zone difference?”

Well, that was his real trouble. Whenever Sehun got home from an exhausted day and wanted to see his Bambi on skype, Luhan would be either busy at work or sleeping and vice versa. To make it worse, once they took the advantage of Luhan’s lunch break to have some private conversation and the photographer’s boss walked in. Luckily, Luhan could hide his from his boss’s notice under the table but they had agreed not to do that again to prevent both from a heart attack.

Apart from the some issues above, Sehun was happy with being in a relationship. Luhan was such a sweet boyfriend as he sent the younger boy good night text everyday. Jongin would call that ‘cheesy’ but Sehun just shrugged and giggled the whole night texting back.

 

FLASH BACK

“What should I do for our first anniversary?”

Sehun suddenly mumbled when they were digging in their own bowl of cereal. There only one week left until the big day and the model still couldn’t figure out what to do to celebrate it. Luhan had opened up a little bit about his present, which included the word “stripping”.

“You’re talking to yourself or are you asking for my opinion?”

Jongin looked up, wiping his lips with a tissue. Since he saw how his friend had been misery lately, he had come up with a plan and was waiting for the right time to talk Sehun into it.

“I want to do something special for him.” Sehun continued with his mumbled voice “If only he was here.”

Okay, it’s the right time.

“I have an idea. Wanna hear it?”

 Jongin put his bowl into the sink, leaned on the fridge to face Sehun. The younger boy hesitated for a bit, Jongin was a good friend but Sehun learned so many ways that the stylist sometimes had some kind of weird thoughts which ended up not very well. However he thought it was harmless if he just tried hearing it so he nodded his head in response.

“You should give him a visit…”

Uhm, that’s not bad.

“…without telling him in advance.”

WHAT?

“Are you kidding me?” Sehun groaned

The tan-skin boy held up his hands

“Wait, before you object to it, let me finish. You know Luhan hyung likes a surprise right? Just think about how happy he will be when you suddenly show up at his door. This will be the best present he has received and maybe, well maybe you will be rewarded after that. I’m talking about the dirty stuff.”

Jongin winked at the last statement. He watched Sehun biting his lower lip thinking. He knew the model was almost convinced by his reason.

“And that will make you the best boyfriend ever.” he added.

It really kicked Sehun’s brain out. The image of Luhan happily jumping on him when he saw his boyfriend standing at his front door made Sehun unconsciously smile like an idiot. Noticing Jongin was still gazing at him with a smirk, the model cleared his throat to get himself out of his own daydream

“Well, it seems…er….okay.” Sehun tried not to lighten up his friend’s hyper mood “But how am I supposed to go to his place without his help? You know my English .”

Jongin quickly pulled out a chair and sat opposite, his face was brightened by the fact that Sehun finally seriously took his advice.

“Okay, so here what you’re gonna do.” he said excitedly “You ask him for his address, tell him you will send him flowers or something like that. I’ll book you return –ticket after I check your schedule with Suho hyung. When you get there, just hail a cab, give the driver the address and you’re done.  But make sure your precious Bambi be home the whole day. I don’t want you go all the way there to wait outside like a homeless person.”

The stylist said in a one go as if Sehun would change his mind if he stopped in the middle.  The model stayed silent for a while, he titled his head aside, his brows met in disbelief.

“You did put a lot of thoughts in it, didn’t you? How long have you been planning?”

The grin on Jongin’s face eventually became a frown, the tan-skin boy crossed his arms pouting.

“Why you always cut off the mood like that Sehun?”

The younger boy couldn’t help but feeling guilty, his ability of expressing emotion was getting worse and worse. However when standing in front of a camera, everything was upside down, which he could never know how he did it.

“Sorry man” Sehun lips curved into an apologetic smile “What I meant is I can’t believe you planned it all just for me. You’re such a good friend.”

Long silence.

“And I’m sooo lucky to have you.” Sehun tried his best to put on an ingratiating grin. He knew his friend couldn’t resist his ageyo.

“No, you’re lucky you’re cute” Jongin leaned forward and flicked his forehead “Now are you in or not?”

“Okay, I’m in.”

END OF FLASH BACK

 

The moment Sehun stepped out of the plane, he swore to himself not listen to any of Jongin’s advice in the future. It was 3 in the morning and he cursed under his breath at the fact his friend hadn’t check the arrival time before booking the ticket. Now he had to wake up his boyfriend from his beauty sleep and it definitely ruined at least half of the happiness of the reunion.

Sehun fished out his phone and pressed the speed dial number 2.

“Hello, Sehun ah, do you get there?” Jongin’s voice was full of excitement.

“Yes, at the ing 3 a.m.” Sehun grinded his teeth “How could you not check the arrival time for me?”

“Oh, really? Oops, my fault.”

The younger boy was about to ask whether he should stay at the airport til the sunrise or got in a cab to Luhan’s apartment and disturbed his sleep, when there went a moan from the other side.

“What is that Jongin? Don’t tell me….”

“Shh, I’m on the phone babe.” Sehun heard his friend whisper to someone. “And yeah Sehun, I’m in a middle of something.”

“Ew ew ew… what are you?” Sehun winced disgustingly, held the phone out a bit to see the time on it “It’s only…like 6p.m there.”

“It’s 8p.m man and that is not your business. Now when you see my Bambi, tell him I miss him and I hope he’ll do at least one of my suggestions. I’ll see you on Tuesday.”

“He’s not your Ba….”

Sehun didn’t have chance to finish his objection as Jongin already hung up on him. The model stared at the phone in a while before let out a long sigh and put it back his pocket. Taking a quick scan, Sehun decided to go straight to Luhan’s apartment because the feeling of sitting in the airport with many foreign strangers around really crept him out. Also he thought it’d better if he joined with Luhan on the bed later than dozing off here.

Therefore, without a second thought, Sehun bravely walked through the glass door and started to hail for a cab, didn’t know he would regret the next hours.