The Storm After the Calm

The Marriage Spell

 

 

 

 

“Don’t ever come back to Seoul again without me, arasso?” said Young Bae after Bom told him about her unfortunate talk with Seung hyun. He personally fetched her at the airport and currently they are in his car, heading back home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I never thought he would react like that.” She said. “I can see that his pride was badly hurt because I had my revenge on him.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You had your revenge, but you do love me now right?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Of course, Dong Young Bae. His ego and pride was shattered because he couldn’t accept the fact that I am happy now and he is not. I talked to a common friend of ours and he said that Seung hyun won’t stop until he ruins our marriage.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Don’t be afraid. As long as I’m here with you, no one not even that Seung hyun could ever touch you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I…It’s just that when I saw him, I really felt frightened. And he also said to our friend that he won’t accept that we were together for two years and he never got a chance with me while at a short period of time, I gave myself to you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Young Bae held her hand and brought it close to his lips and kissed it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Shh, don’t think about it anymore. You’re going to be stressed out if you’ll continuously think about that jerk. Does he know that I am the one you married?” Once she introduced Bae to him before at the wedding anniversary of her parents two years ago.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I don’t know if our friend has said that to him. But he told him that if he sees my husband, he’ll be dead.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Youngbae chuckled. “He maybe beastly in looks but when it comes to something like that, I don’t think he has even one percent chance of winning against me.” He joked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Dong Young Bae!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Babe, that thing should not be taken seriously. Rather than thinking of him, It would be better if we talk about our church wedding. Your y tummy is getting bigger every day. I want us to get married in front of God before our child comes out.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That suddenly made her smile. “Church wedding?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh why? Don’t you think its better?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her worried thought was completely washed away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What would I look like when we get married with my big tummy?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You would be the most beautiful bride with big tummy!” he grinned.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where are we getting married?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Anywhere you want.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What if we do it in the farm? I’m sure haraboji would be very glad.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“That’s great! So even all the workers can witness our wedding. If we do it in Seoul then only few can attend, right?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She nodded. Her heart is filled with excitement. She hadn’t thought that in this short period of time, she and Bae would get at this level of love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m so excited, Babe.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So am I, Babe.” Youngbae answered before leaning closer and kissing her. It took a will of strength to stop his self and just drive instead.

 

 

---------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

They both agreed to hire a wedding coordinator to make the preparations faster.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The past few days they have been busy preparing for the wedding but at the same time Seung hyun on the other hand is busy calling and bugging the hell out of Bom. She would always hide from his call but when no one is around to answer it, it’s inevitable.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Like now, he called her once again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Seung hyun, please don’t call me anymore. You’re only wasting your time calling here every day.” She pleaded on the line.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You thought I would lose a way of calling you, Bom. I’ll repeat to you once again that I won’t stop ‘till I get you back from that weakling husband of yours.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I said stop bugging me! And he’s not a weakling. I would never ever trade him for you, crazy jerk!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seung hyun laughed on the other line. “If I know, your heart still belongs to me and you’re only saying that to make me miserable.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re crazy.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes, I am crazy about you. I won’t give you up, Bom.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Instead of answering him back, she chose to end their conversation. She instructed their maids that if ever Seung hyun calls again, then they should tell him that she’s not there.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Youngbae went home from the farm, she quickly told him about what happened earlier.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Who told him about our number here?” asked Bae.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I don’t know either. I told my parents and my friends to never ever give my cell phone number and the farm’s residential number.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you think he got it from the directory?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Maybe.” Bom let out a frustrated sigh. “That Seung hyun is annoying. Ugh! It’s like he’s gone crazy.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Just don’t mind him anymore.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How can I not mind him when it’s not only me he’s bugging. He even calls my parents. I told dad that he should just take him to jail.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Babe, you can’t put someone to jail if he’s not doing badly to you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“But I think he’s insane. Our common friend told me that Seung hyun may be even got back to drinking and drugs again. As I have known, before we were together, he took drugs and now he’s at it again.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Maybe that’s why he’s like that. His direction was gone when you left him.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Is it my fault?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Of course not. Let’s just say that besides that he can’t accept the fact that you remove him from your life completely, he’s weak in accepting the reality and truth.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m bothered.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Babe, don’t think about it anymore. Just don’t answer the phone not even once. And also, since your tummy is big now, I think you should not go back to Seoul anymore.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom took a deep breath. “You should take care of yourself too. We don’t know how much Seung hyun could do.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“He couldn’t do such foolish things in my territory. And before he even gets a chance to lay a hand on you, he should first get through me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A weak smile crept up to her lips. She could feel his sincerity in every word he says.

 

 

 

 

-----------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Weeks have passed and thank heavens that Seung hyun stopped calling them. Maybe he got tired or maybe he got scared when there was one time that Bae got to answer the phone and he threatened him. They got the chance to concentrate for the preparations for their wedding.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Because almost all of the friends of Bom’s family are from there, they have invited a few more friends from Seoul.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She’s seven months pregnant already at the time of their wedding. She is the perfect picture of happiness while her parents are walking with her towards her husband waiting at the altar.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the same time Young Bae’s smile never left his lips. He doesn’t even dare to change his eyesight from the woman who is walking towards him at the makeshift altar that was set at the vast garden of their farm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All eyes are on them. Invited or not, they are all witnesses of the grandest wedding in the place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

While listening intently to the priest’s ceremony, their hands are locked and intertwined with each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Until now, Bom can’t seem to absorb that all of these are happening, that everything could be so perfect. Even though they started out as a mistake, at the end of it all everything seems to better than the best. They would start a whole new different but a better life once their little angel come out two months from now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After an hour of ceremony, the priest asked them to kiss. Young Bae stared at her with so much bliss as she felt her eyes getting wet with joy. At last, a kiss sealed their promise to stay with each other for the rest of their lives. Every one clapped their hands as they admire a perfect scene in front of their eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But amidst of the loud and cheerful clapping came a horrifying sound that stopped the joyous celebration. Silence ensued after they heard a gunshot echoing on the vast garden.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everything happened so fast. There, in front of Bom’s eyes, laid her husband covered with blood.

“Bae!” she loudly shouted before kneeling beside him, asking him to open his eyes. Seems like her whole world shattered in pieces in a blink of an eye. This can’t happen! This is all just a part of her worst nightmare.