The Gentle Husband

The Marriage Spell

 

It’s already midnight but Young Bae isn’t home yet. Bomfollowed what Youngbae told her. She ate with her mother-in-law but foods are just not appetizing to her without her husband.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Paranoia was again attacking her. She thought that maybe at this very moment Young Bae is still with that Jessica, having the time of their lives. The thought itself made her want to cry.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It’s was past twelve when she heard footsteps approaching their room. Bom quickly shut her eyes off when the door suddenly opened. The stench of alcohol immediately filled the room. Youngbae coughed and she already knew it was him. And he’s drunk for corn's sake!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bom felt him went towards the bathroom. She heard him vomit everything out inside. She can’t do anything but get up and follow him in the bathroom.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Unconsciously, she caressed his back helping him soothe the effect of alcohol. She doesn’t know why but suddenly it felt like all of her anger subsided and the thought of his husband being with Jessica was all gone. ‘He won’t be getting this drunk if he’s with that Jessica, right?’ She thought.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Why did you drink so much, Youngbae. You are not a good drinker and you know can’t handle it?” she said, still caressing his back.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After a while, he finally felt calm and he stopped her hands from caressing him. “I-I’m okay now. I’m sorry to have woken you up. I didn’t drink so much but I’m just not used to drinking.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She was taken aback. “W-where did you go?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Does it matter to you?” he asked, not even looking at her. He got up and went to brush his teeth.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Your parents asked me where you went. I just said, I don’t know. You know that we’re a married couple in front of them, right?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He finished brushing his teeth first before turning to look at her. “You know you could’ve just said that we don’t care about each other, right? And that were only together because of our child.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She wanted to cry when he said those words.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He went out first and walked in towards the dresser. And she too, he went out quickly and walked towards the bed. She sat at the edge of their bed. She wants to continue talking to Bae. Bom wants to know what his problem is. It should be her that’s angry but why is the situation turned?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Young Bae went out of the dresser, wearing a boxers and singlet. He reached for the pillows and went straight to the couch to sleep.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“B-Bae, can we talk?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“About what?” he said, his back facing her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bom slowly approached him and went to sit on the single couch beside to where he’s lying.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I want to know why you are so irritated to me.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He faced her. “Who’s irritated to who? You’re the one who’s so angry at me earlier when I got back from the farm.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Because-”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Because you’re concentration was ruined.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“It’s not just that.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
His forehead creased. He sat up and massaged his forehead. “Then what else is there?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I-I don’t know. It’s just I got so irritated.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“To Jessica?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She didn’t answer. She can’t bring herself to swallow her pride.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Are you jealous of her?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“To whom?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Jessica.” Youngbae said as stares at her intently.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Why would I be jealous of her?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Then why are you acting that way? What else are the reasons why you’re so mad?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I don’t know. M-maybe it’s all because of my pregnancy then that girl talked to me with attitude and then she said she is your girlfriend.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Jessica’s not my girlfriend. We went out twice but I didn’t even tell her I like her. Maybe she thought that we’re officially dating.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Then why did she know your landline on our room?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I gave her my business card. All of my contact numbers are there.” He answered. “Do you have any more questions?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“N-no.” she saw him still massaging his head. “You’re head hurts?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Yeah.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Want me too massage it for you?” she asked without hesitation.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He stared at her. “You will do that?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She nodded. “O-of course. You massage my legs and feet whenever they get numb so now, it’s my turn.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He signaled her to come closer. “Come here.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Her heart pounded very fast when she stood up and went closer to him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He held her hands and made her sit beside him before lying down upon her laps. He reached for her hands and placed it in his forehead. “Okay. You may now start.” He said before closing his eyes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A smile unconsciously formed in her lips. Bom started massaging his foreahead down to his temples. She can see and feel her heart pounding so strong inside her chest.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Feeling better?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Yeah. You’re good.” He said, still with his eyes closed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Her heart was touched. She inhaled deep to get some courage to ask him a question. “W-who were you with earlier?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He opened his eyes. “Why do you want to know?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I just want to know. Is that bad?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Jiyong. We went to the bar.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She felt relieved. “Good thing you can still go home.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I’m not that so drunk, Bom. We didn’t even finish that one bottle of whiskey. It’s just that alcohols can pass me out that easily because I’m not used in drinking.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“You really got irritated at me, right? Because I nagged you so much?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She saw him smile. “I know it’s like that. Wives would normally nag their husband. It’s their hobby.” He joked.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She slapped his arms playfully. He carefully took her hand and gently caressed it. He then took her hand closer to his lips and kissed it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bom gasped when he kissed her hand. He stared at her in the eyes and she did the same. If this was the night she had been waiting for, then she would be gladder to give herself to him for the second time. Or for tomorrow and even for the rest of their lives.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He sat up, still holding her hands while staring deeply at her eyes. Neither of them wanted to talk. Their eyes do the talking for them. After a while, he let go of her hand and cupped her face between his palms. She slowly closed her eyes when she saw his face starting to approach hers. Their lips connected with the same level of warmth against them. He kissed her gently like a feather softly falling down on her lips. But soon after, his gentle kiss became hungry and passionate at the same time. He began to tongue. At first she was shy, but after a while she started to imitate its movement and eventually started to battle out with his tongue.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
His kiss is burning, it’s ravenous. His hands hugged her tightly against him, as if securing his wife with his love. He was now beginning to savour parts of her. She could feel her s turning harder as he was caressing his left with his right hand.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She felt like she’s gone crazy but at the same time it felt like a dream. Her husband, the man she had learned to love was kissing her, caressing her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Oh god, Bom. I can’t believe this.” He said in between their kisses.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When their kiss ended, they stared at each other’s eyes. She wanted to tell him how much she adored him but she could not find the words to say. Her shyness overpowered her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He held her hands again. “I will never let you go, Bom. I won’t let you disappear before me. Even though you wanted to divorce our marriage after you give birth to our child, I won’t ever let that happen. I will make you learn to love me. I would court you even if it takes me a lifetime just to make you learn to love me.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Bae-”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He placed his finger in her lips. “Don’t reject me, please. I don’t want you to say that you just got carried away to what I just did. I’ll look forward to the day that you’ll say you completely fell in love with me. Because honestly, I have loved you since from the very start.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It felt like heaven when he said those words. “Since from the very start?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I have been loving you ever since we were young.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Why didn’t you tell me?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I’m not your type. I was scared to be rejected so please, don’t reject me this early. I still have to make you to see how much I love you.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She wanted to laugh at his facial expression. “You’re not my type but it doesn’t mean that it is because you are ugly. It was because I have set my mind that the types of guy that I should date are not like yours.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“But you always say that you’ll never fall for someone like me.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She grinned sweetly at him. “I’m your wife now, Dong Young Bae!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“You said, only in papers. But I’ll make sure you’ll fall for me and love me too.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She will not be saying that she loves him too yet. Even though they are already married, she also wants to know how good it feels when you’re being courted by your own husband. “You’re still going to court me even though we’re married?” she asked.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Yes.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Still going to control?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Until I can.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“But you kissed me and all…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I promised to myself that I’ll own you again when you finally learned to love me.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She stopped herself from saying that she loves him too. “You’re that gentleman?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“For you, I am.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bom really wants to hug him right now. She wanted to be in his arms and taste his sweet kisses all over again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He caressed her hair. “Go to sleep now. It’s bad for you and for the baby to sleep this late.” He said and reached for her forehead, planting a kiss on it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“You okay?” Bom asked. The truth is, if he only said that he wanted to own her right now then she would not hesitate and gladly give all of her to him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He figured out what she meant. He took a deep breath before speaking. “I can still hold on.” He joked. “I can tell truthfully that I have learned how to control myself. Even I was surprised that I have been doing that. If you love a woman then you should be willing to wait, that’s what an in love man should do.” He smiled and stared at her.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I can see in your eyes that you care for me now, but I want you to learn to love me fully like how I love you right now.” he continued.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She felt more embarrassed. She doesn’t want to look like she is the one who is insisting for them to have . If Young Bae felt that she loves him too then she’ll wait when that right time comes. He’s right, when you love someone you have to give all of your heart.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Go to sleep now. It’s enough for me that I have expressed what I really feel towards you. I will make sure that this is the start of everything. I’ll pray for the day that you’ll say to me that you love me too.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She thought her breathing has stopped. In the days that she and Young Bae have been living together as a married couple, she knew a lot about him that she didn’t know before.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When he took her to their bed, he even assisted her in laying down the bed. She put out all of her courage to invite him. “You can sleep here with me. We
can share the bed.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“You sure?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Of course.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He was in all smiles when slid down beside her. When his legs crossed hers, it felt like she was her whole body was shot by bolts of electricity.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She felt him move and took a pillow to place it between them.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“For your protection.” He joked again. “Good night, Mrs. Dong Young Bae.” He said before he planted a soft kiss on her fore head.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Good night.” She answered. It was happiest moment in her life. She’s looking forward to how his husband would court her. But she’s more excited for the day when she can finally say to him that she loves him too.