The Dragon Wears Prada

District Twelve

Kae In stepped back, fear running through her veins. The boys stood next to Kae In in a line, ready to attack if needed. The dragon roared once more, leaning forward and began to walk towards them. Kae In immediately shot fire at the dragon from her hands, stopping the dragon in its tracks. The dragon cried out in pain, shooting out fire from its mouth in retaliation. Chanyeol stepped in and helped to keep the flames from reaching them. Baekhyun shot light at the dragon from his hands in different directions, distracting the dragon. Kai teleported constantly, tackling the dragon to increase the distraction. Not even three minutes into the fighting, the dragon fell foward with its eyes half open. Kae In put her arms to her side, panting. She stared at the dragon, who was clearly in pain. Slowly and carefully, she walked towards the dragon, never looking away from it. "Kae In, what are you doing?" Chanyeol yelled , running after Kae In. The dragon growled once it saw Chanyeol move, stopping him in his tracks. The boys stayed still as they watched Kae In approach the dragon.

 

The closer she got to the dragon, the more it seemed to change the color of its scales. Kae In, now inches away from the dragon's head, began to reach out to touch him. The dragon was no longer gold, but a shade of light pink. As soon as Kae In's hand touched the dragon's head, its scales immediately turned into a bright shade of pink. Kae In sighed a sigh of relief as she realized the dragon wasn't going to do anything to her. As she patted and soothed the dragon, it looked as if it was smiling at her. Then suddenly, the dragon shifted its full attention to her, looking at her lovingly. The dragon slowly started turning transparent, and it soon disappeared. Everyone's attention turned to the man who was standing behind the dragon. "Kris?" Baekhyun called out, raising his eyebrow. They all walked towards Kris. He was panting and sweating, and his hand was over his heart. "Kris?" Kae In called out, leaning her head down to see if Kris would look down at her. Kae In reached out to touch him, but he suddenly fainted. She grabbed him, her arms around his chest as she tried to keep him up. "Oppa, let's get him back to the hotel," Kae In grunted as Chanyeol and Baekhyun stepped in to help.

 

After the boys took turns lugging Kris on their backs, they finally made it to the hotel. Kai just let Kris fall from his back and onto the bed. "Alright, I'm going back to sleep. Baek, you coming?" Kai sighed, turning his head towards Baekhyun. "Yeah, I'm coming," Baekhyun answered, and then looked back at Kae In and Chanyeol, "wake me up if it's an emergency. Otherwise, don't wake me up." And with that, Kai and Baekhyun left the room, saying their good nights on the way. Chanyeol collapsed on the bed, with his hand over his eyes. While he was taking a short nap, Kae In was observing Kris. She blew off dust from his hair and his cheek. "Aiya, the things we had to do to find you," Kae In sighed, chuckling to herself. "Kae In, can you turn off the light in the bathroom? I'll put him on the couch, and we can all sleep. We'll figure everything out in the morning," Chanyeol mumbled tiredly. Kae In just nodded her head as she got up from the bed, but stopped abruptly when she felt a hand grab her wrist. Kae In yelled in surprise, causing Chanyeol to sit up. "What?" Chanyeol asked, jumping out of bed. "I-I . . my . ." Kae In stuttered, too scared to look down at her hand. "What in the world . ." Chanyeol whispered, walking towards Kae In. Kris's hand was tightly gripping Kae In's wrist. It definitely looked like he would not let go. "Yah, Kris, let go of Kae In," Chanyeol sighed tiredly, rubbing his eyes. "He's not letting go . ." Kae In mumbled, shaking her arm to somewhat rid of the grip, but it was no use. "I don't wanna deal with this right now . . I'm too tired. Just sleep next to him, Kae In," Chanyeol yawned, walking to the bathroom to turn off the light. "WHAT? Are you insane?!" Kae In yelled, stomping her foot. "Kae In, there's nothing we can do about it right now. Well, nothing I'll do, because I'm tired. Grow up and deal with it," Chanyeol yawned once more as he walked over to the light switch to turn off all the lights. "YAH, PARK CHANYEOL!" Kae In screamed in anger, huffing.

 

She heard Chanyeol shuffle towards his bed and crawl under the blankets. She huffed angrily once more, and looked down at Kris. "You ," Kae In growled. She tried to shake his grip off of her wrist again, but it still wasn't helping. Sighing, she crawled to the other side of the bed, making sure she was far from any physical contact with Kris; besides his grip on her wrist, of course. She closed her eyes and tried to get to sleep, but she was too mad to get any kind of sleep. Suddenly, she felt Kris pull her towards him, and she pulled back, not wanting to get any closer to Kris. However, she was no match for Kris's strength, and she was pulled towards him. By now, Chanyeol was snoring away, and it was pretty clear that Kae In's mood wasn't the only thing that was going to keep her up. Kae In's back was turned to Kris, and she grew hot when she felt his chest touching her back. "What's he going to do?!" So many thoughts ran through her head as she waited for something else to happen. Just like she expected, he began moving. This time, he wrapped his arms around her waist tightly, locking Kae In in place. "Maybe he's doing this in his sleep? Yeah, that's gotta be it," Kae In thought, convincing herself that he wasn't doing this on purpose. He wasn't a ert - right? Kae In's body temperature soared when Kris placed a kiss just below Kae In's ear. "You should sleep. We have a big day tomorrow," Kris whispered into her ear, his husky voice echoing in her mind. She wanted to slap him, kick him, and punch him. Sleeping on the couch seemed relaxing at the moment, but she couldn't do any of those things. As if by magic, Kris's soothing voice had caused Kae In to close her eyes and drift off to sleep.