Bittersweet memories

Bitter

And there I see Hoya approaching you, and I can only watch bitterly as you both do that infamous hand shake which used to make me giggle..and I want to scream at him, hit him for not telling you about me, for letting you forget and move on..but I can't. As the tears flow more, the memories which I've tried so hard to put away all come back..

"Myungsoo oppa, can we go get ice-cream?" I ask him, as we walk down the street. He pretends not to hear me.

"Oppa!"

"Yes?" He turns to me with a grin on his face. That grin I love so much.

"Why were you ignoring me?" I ask him as I stop walking. He continues walking a few steps before he realises that I've stopped. He turns and walks back to me in strides, a cheeky look on his face. It quickly dissapears.

"I don't want you to call me Myungsoo Oppa anymore," his features show annoyance.

"W-what?" I reply him, fearing what he'd say next. We'd been dating for 3 years, who would know if he suddenly grew bored of me. Does he want to break up? Did he find another girl?

"I want you to call me oppa only." Breaking my chain of thoughts. Relief floods my body, and I can tell he notices..He notices everything about me.

"Waeyo oppa? Do you not like your own name?"

"I want you to call me oppa, because i don't want you to have any other oppas, i want to be your only oppa" he says with a small pout on his lips. A pout which not many have seen.

I giggle internally as I seize the opportunity to ."But what about Hoya oppa, and Dongwoo oppa and woohyunnie oppa and.." i say, counting them with my fingers. He covers my mouth and throws a small tantrum. "No, no, no, no, no! No other oppas! You can just call them by name!" He shouts, stomping his feet as passerbys give him strange looks. But their looks don't affect us. They've never affected us. It's always been like that with Myungsoo, it'd be us in our own little world, we loved it that way.

"But that'd be disrespectful Myungsoo oppa!" I say, adding in his name just to further. I watch as his face goes red in frustration. He grabs me and lifts me on his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. And now i'm practically staring at his .

"I'm not letting you down until you promise!" "Okay, okay! OPPA! Just let me down" I giggle, although a little part of me wants to stay up here. In fact, quite a big part. But he doesn't put me down.

"Pinky promise?" he says, putting his pinky out for me.

"But you have to promise me too! That you'll love me forever, and we'll grow old together!" i blurt out, my insecurities getting to me, resulting in more strange looks from passerbys.

"No."

That one word alone makes me blood turn cold.

"What about our children? Who's going to love them!" he exclaims, earning even more stares from passerbys..and just like that my heart stops. Myungsoo oppa always knew how to play with my strings.

I twist my body awkwardly on his shoulder, reach out and entwine our pinkies. I try to unlock our fingers but he keeps them locked. "We're supposed to brush thumbs, to seal it, otherwise it doesn't count!" he exclaims, rather loudly. I giggle out loud at his childish antics as i brush my thumb with his and he lets me down. It may seem weird to others that we put so much trust in a pinky promise, but it was something me had. We always kept our pinky promises.

"Wait out here, okay? I'm just going in to get something for Sungjong" he pecks my lips before he pushes the open a door to a book store. I kick dirt as I wait for him. I look around as I don't want to seem like a desperate girlfriend who watches his every move. Then I see it, a little puppy on the street. I approach it but the closer i get to it the more it moves away. I follow it more, not aware of my surroundings.

I can hear Myungsoo shouting and I see him running towards me, but it's too late. I turn and see Myungsoo in front of me, his hand outstreched, before I feel something hit me, the impact resulting in me flying a few meters and landing flat on the road. The pain is excrutiation. The last thing I see is Myungsoo lying a little distance away from me before everything turns black.