You are my past, she is my present!

Unreachable Love

 

Title: Unreachable Love

Characters: Choi Sooyoung, Kwon Yul, Tiffany Hwang

 

Sooyoung

 

It felt different. It felt different without you. Even though I’m married now, I cannot stop myself from thinking about you. Reminiscing our past is painful, yet beautiful to me. I don’t know who your heart was yearning for, but I knew that you always wanted the best for me, for Yul, for us.

 

 

 

Sooyoung has been standing by the balcony for almost an hour, but he didn’t move until now. His eyes keep on blinking for the bright light of the Seoul City. The party in his best friend’s house is still wild even if Sooyoung wasn’t there. Unlike before, Sooyoung always go crazy in any party because there will have a lot of foods, but now Sooyoung was quiet and smile if in needed. He is holding back his tears for reminiscing the past until someone comes.

 

 

 

10 years ago,

 

Both Sooyoung and Yul were 18, while Tiffany was 19. The three of them were childhood best friends and they always stuck together to everywhere they went. Being the only girl in the group, Tiffany always spoiled by Sooyoung and Yul even though she’s the oldest.

 

One day, Sooyoung found himself became a stalker of Tiffany. Anywhere she went and did, he knew and watched her from afar. He didn’t know when, but he started to become addicted to Tiffany. He always excited in everything involving her.

 

Unfortunately for him, Tiffany had found herself a boyfriend. Starting from that, Tiffany had rarely spent her time with Sooyoung and Yul, but it was always her boyfriend. But Sooyoung didn’t stop himself from loving Tiffany instead he always looked after her from afar.

 

He gave flowers to her by deliveryman. He would always buy chocolates and leave them in her locker secretly. When Tiffany caught him was holding a flower that was actually for her, Sooyoung lied by saying that the flower was for Hyoyeon and Tiffany believed him.

 

 

 

Yul

 

I was talking with my senior in university when I saw Sooyoung was standing by the balcony. Usually, when there’s a party, he will go wild over the foods. He will snatch foods either from me or Tiffany. But now, he just stood and did nothing. I know what is in his mind. I decide to go to him.

 

“Hey”, I approached. I see he was holding back his tears. Seeing that, I feel like I want to cry too.

 

“Do you miss her?” I asked. He nodded. I bit my lower lips and am trying to hold back my tears too.

 

“I miss her, a lot Yul”

 

Sooyoung is crying. I know it. I try my best to hold back but I can’t. I also burst into tears. Both of us are sobbing like a child.

 

“You know that I’m just the same like you”, I said to him and I know he immediately knows what I meant.

 

 

 

“You know what I meant!”

 

From outside classroom, students can hear Yul’s voice. He was shouting over who they didn’t know.

 

Inside, Sooyoung was holding back his tears. He didn’t know that his best friend also loves the same woman as he is. Silent filled the classroom. Sooyoung didn’t expect this meeting with his best friend will become like this.

 

“So, what we are going to do? She loves someone else”

 

Sooyoung’s voice was soft and felt like a give up person.

 

“Don’t give up now. At least let’s tell her that we have feelings for her”

 

“Are you insane? She has a boyfriend!”

 

“JUST a boyfriend, she’s not married yet”, Yul pressed the word “Just”.

 

Sooyoung didn’t know what to respond. He knew that Yul is a passionate person, that’s why he wanted to do something like that.

 

“I love her Sooyoung. She’s the only girl and lady to me. Until the end of my life, my eternal love is only for her”

 

 

 

After the “crying session”, both Yul and Sooyoung didn’t know what to say. Awkwardness and silent fill the atmosphere. Then, suddenly Sooyoung began to speak.

 

“Do you remember how we confess our feelings?”

 

The question brought a smile to Yul’s face.

 

“Of course”

 

 

 

Sooyoung and Yul were in a band together. There was holding a performance for their band and all students were going to watch them perform.

 

Sooyoung was the main vocal while Yul was the supporting vocal. They came on stage and all students were clapping for them. Sooyoung as the speaker, said to the audiences

 

“Today is an honor day for me and my best friend. We would like to confess our feelings to certain someone through our song entitled “Love is Like a Snowflake”.

 

I smile again like I did yesterday
I hide it as if nothing happened
Without permission, I looked into your heart
I guess it’s my part to take your heart
Now I want to have you

Have you ever loved to death?
Just once, just once, please look back
I cry out and call you but it doesn’t reach you
I love you, I love you
Words I repeat by myself
I love you

I try to live each day well
So that I can endure through little by little
Because without you, there is no tomorrow
There is no hope, just like today
Now I want you

The sad longing builds up
It feels like my breath will stop
I follow the faint light
And now I go to you

Love comes like snowflakes
I hold out my hand to catch it but it always melts
From the moment I first saw you, it was always you
I take one step and again another step
Because to me, it needs to be only you”

Through the performance, Tiffany can feel her best friend’s feelings by the song. Sooyoung’s and Yul’s voices totally made into her heart! She just cannot resist her best friends’ feelings and voices. She was tearing up when Sooyoung’s and Yul’s voices echoed during

 

*“ ijen gatgo sipeo

sarangeul jugeul mankeum hanjeok innayo
dan hanbeonman dan hanbeonman jebal dorabwayo
sorichyeo bulleobwado dachireul anha
neoreul saranghae neol saranghae
honjaseo doenoeineun mal
neol saranghae”

 

“Fany, are you okay?” asked Tiffany’s boyfriend, worried for her.

 

“I’m okay”, responded Tiffany and she excused herself to go to the toilet.

 

After awhile, Sooyoung and Yul got off from the stage and went to the toilet when they saw the girl they love, Tiffany.

 

Tiffany walked up to them with teary eyes. Something she did when she’s hurt or sad.

 

“Tell me Young, Yul, who is the girl you love? Is it me?”

 

Tiffany’s voice sounded desperate, Sooyoung and Yul knew it.

 

Both of them didn’t know what to say until Yul decided to just be honest.

 

“Yes, you are the girl we love, no, the woman we love!”

 

Tiffany was taken aback, didn’t know what to respond. She shook her head while crying and said

 

“No, please stop loving me and don’t ever bring up this topic again, okay?!”

 

Tiffany walked away from them. What the y didn’t know is Tiffany was also hurt.

 

‘I’m sorry Young, Yul, but I have no choice’

 

 

 

“I don’t know why I don’t have much courage to tell her the same Yul”

 

Sooyoung admitted that he was a coward, didn’t dare to confess to her.

 

Yul smiled, knew what his best friend was talking about.

 

 

 

5 years ago,

 

The feeling was devastated, frustrated, mad and sad. The mixed feelings in Tiffany’s heart were enough to make the girl burst into tears. Tiffany let herself in her boyfriend’s embrace.

 

“What I have to do? I only have a month to live”

 

Tiffany’s boyfriend let his tears fell down from his eyes. Who was not going to be sad after hearing such a pathetic line from a suffered girl.

 

That’s the fact that Sooyoung and Yul didn’t know. Tiffany was suffering from leukemia for 5 years. That’s why Tiffany rejected Sooyoung’s and Yul’s love.

 

Tiffany’s boyfriend decided to tell Sooyoung and Yul the truth. Even though Tiffany was insisting to keep the secret from them, but deep inside Tiffany’s heart, he knew that she wanted to spend her remaining time with the two.

 

After hearing the news, Sooyoung and Yul were crying like a child that was expecting a comfort.

 

“Let us together spend our time with Tiffany for the last”, he begged and cried in from of them.

 

Tiffany of course shocked, knowing that her boyfriend didn’t keep his promise to her. But she also glad that her boyfriend did that so that she can finally spend her “precious” time with Sooyoung and Yul.

 

Knowing like it maybe the last day for her to live, Tiffany asked the doctor’s permission to let she check out. She spent her last time with the three in a park, the place that she loves to hang out with Sooyoung and Yul. They didn’t mind sit all day at the park, as long as they can see Tiffany’s happy face.

 

 Sensed something was wrong, Tiffany’s boyfriend asked

 

“Why so sudden Tiffany?”

 

“What?”

 

“Why are you doing this so sudden? You know, you can’t check out from the hospital yet”

 

“I just feel like want to do it”

 

Tiffany told the three guys to spread their legs straight so she can lie down on their laps. They did as she told.

 

Tiffany lied down on their laps, her head was on her boyfriend’s, while Yul’s in the middle and Tiffany’s legs on Sooyoung’s.

 

“Watch the sunset for me, okay”

 

A minute left, Tiffany’s body didn’t move at all.

 

“Fany-ah”

 

The voice was soft, in verge of crying. The three guys sensed immediately that Tiffany was gone. She will no longer cheer up their day, as Tiffany is up there. There won’t be no longer Tiffany’s brightness, her loud voice, her pair of smiling eyes and her shining tears.

 

‘Watch the sunset for me, okay”

 

 

 

“Honey”

 

Kim Hyoyeon, the dancing queen of Shin Ki High School is Choi Sooyoung’s wife called out for his husband.

 

“Oh, Hyo honey”

 

Sooyoung smiled to his wife.

 

“Let’s get inside. Dara is going to sing “Happy Birthday” for Jisoo”

 

 “Okay”

 

Dara or Sandara Park is Yul’s wife. Kwon Jisoo is their son and is having his 9 years old birthday party.

 

 

 

“Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday Dear Jisoo,
happy birthday to you”

 

 

The end…

 

*Love is Like a Snowflake - Xiah Junsu (Nice Guy's OST)