Discoveries

The Problem With Kim Jongwoon

         “Ah, damnit!” Kyuhyun rubbed his forehead, which he had just smacked against the doorway of his bathroom. He really couldn’t function properly in the mornings. He was totally zombie-walking until that doorway decided to say a very painful hello to his head.

          Muttering under his breath, Kyuhyun stumbled into the kitchen area, only to see a smiling Yesung cooking breakfast.

          “Good morning,” Yesung said cheerfully.

          “I don’t see anything good about it,” Kyuhyun said, and then sat down on his chair, looking like some kind of regal prince awaiting his food.

          Yes, Yesung is my servant, he thought amusedly in his head. Heh.

          Despite all his delusional thoughts, the truth was that Yesung and Kyuhyun had compromised into alternating cooking breakfast everyday. Kyuhyun had no idea that Yesung could cook – but okay, apparently he could.

          Like, what the heck, was this man even human?

          It took a few ten seconds or so for Kyuhyun to realize that he was staring like some strange clown at the blond for the whole time. He quickly averted his gaze, and found himself looking at a calendar that was three years old.

          He scrunched up his eyebrows. Seriously, why was that calendar still there?

          “.”

          Kyuhyun’s head jerked up, blinking rapidly. He was pretty sure he had not just said that, so the only possible person by process of elimination was…

          Yesung –

          Who was currently looking kind of pissed off.

          Kyuhyun pinched himself just in case – you know, only impossible stuff happened in dreams. Then he gaped some more because apparently he was in reality (or was this Inception and he had to shoot himself to get out of the dream?). Yesung never looked pissed off. Correction, Kyuhyun had never seen Yesung… Not happy-looking.

          This, this was beyond strange.

          Yesung was mussing up his hair with his right hand, eyebrows sharply drawn down to the middle. “How could I have burnt the eggs?” was what Kyuhyun heard him ask rhetorically under his breath. The frustration on Yesung’s face was out-of-character, sure, but what Kyuhyun found even more disconcerting was how something small as burning eggs could make his face look so tight.

          It made Kyuhyun feel like he was sharing the room with a completely different person that he had met a week and two days ago.

          Before he could move out of his frozen position and do something (Kyuhyun wasn’t sure what), Yesung suddenly seemed to be aware that Kyuhyun existed. Kyuhyun watched incredulously as Yesung’s handsome (um, he wasn’t supposed to use that adjective, it came out of nowhere okay?) features carefully went blank and then a seemingly-natural smile graced his face again.

          “I’ll cook that again, sorry about that,” Yesung said smoothly, efficiently tossing the black-looking eggs into the trash while cracking new ones at the same time.

          Freaky.

         

         

 

 

          “I swear on my highest leveled mage in WoW, it seriously happened,” Kyuhyun hissed to Boa.

          “I believe you.” Boa patted Kyuhyun’s arm. “It’s just really hard to believe at the same time, though.”

          “I knew there was something weird going on with that guy. Oh. My. God. I have a psychopath for a roommate! I should haunt my mom after I get murdered.” Kyuhyun was making crazed arm gestures in the middle of their university hallway. A few students stared before looking away quickly as if the weirdness was contagious.

          “I’m pretty sure he’s not going to kill you. And if that did happen, then wow you would be so lucky.”

          “That wasn’t a normal person’s response. Lucky? What.”

          “Are you kidding?” Boa made an awed noise. “Fangirls would tear your limbs apart just for a chance to die at Yesung’s hands.”

          Kyuhyun made a whimpering noise. “Obsessive fangirls seriously scare me.”

          “Even though I sometimes am one, I have to agree.” Boa nodded wisely.

          A flurry of hubbub approached them, and then brushed past the two without a pause. They appeared to be female students, all with lovestruck smiles on their faces. One was even holding a Yesung sign with a huge pink heart drawn neatly next to his name.

          “Speaking of the devils,” Kyuhyun said. “I forgot that today was Yesung’s first day at school.”

          “How could you forget? You live in the same apartment.” Boa grinned as Kyuhyun whipped his head back and forth like some kind of owl. He made a shush motion with his finger raised to his lips.

          “Do you want me to get mauled by his fangirls?” He looked scared for his life.

          Boa rolled her eyes. “No one even listens in to our conversations, contrary to your lovely conspiracy theories, Kui Xian.”

          “Anyway, I left the apartment before he did.”

          “Why didn’t he start attending school last week?” She raised an eyebrow.

          Kyuhyun waved his hand dismissively. “Something about needing to settle an agreement with the press so that they wouldn’t stalk him all through the day like they usually do. In return, he’s doing interviews and stuff after his whole school adventure is over.”

          “I love that I can get k-pop gossip firsthand now.” Boa hummed under her breath as she took out her phone and tapped something in.

          “You’re not – Augh, I knew it. You’re blogging about this, aren’t you?” Kyuhyun smacked his forehead, and the throbbing pain he got reminded him that there was still a bruise there from this morning.

          “Don’t worry, this is an anonymous account. Thought I’d share the news. Do the public some good, you know?” She chuckled.

          “Fine. Fine. I’m going to class.”

          “Good luck getting past the crowd of fangirls, and ohmy, there seems to be fanboys too.” Boa waved, showing off her manicured fingernails before turning and walking off into the opposite direction.

          Kyuhyun hitched his backpack higher on his shoulder, getting mentally prepared to bulldoze his way through the crowd that seemed to be exponentially expanding by the second. He saw Yesung’s noticeable blond hair in the middle, and their eyes caught for a moment.

          Kyuhyun tore his eyes away as fast as he could. Ducking his head down, he headbutted his way through. It would be catastrophic if others knew that he was living with that popular star. Kyuhyun would prefer it if he wasn’t even seen interacting with Yesung.

         

 

 

 

          For the first time in a while (only for a week, dude), Kyuhyun arrived to an empty apartment. Switching his still-steaming coffee cup into the other hand, he dragged in the bag of clean clothes that had just come from the laundry.

          “So,” he said slowly, hands on his hips after he had closed the door. “What am I supposed to do with you?”

          Kyuhyun had a thing for talking with inanimate objects.

          Boa had even suggested that he buy a living pet so that he wouldn’t look as crazy when going on his daily rants. He had responded to that by shouting: “Pikachu has a soul! How dare you imply that it isn’t living?”

          But moving on, Kyuhyun was currently in a dilemma because Yesung’s clothes were in that bag as well. It would be exceedingly awkward for him to handle someone else’s boxers.

          Kyuhyun made the sound of a dying whale as he crouched next to the bag. After thinking very hard about what to do, he had finally decided to put on plastic gloves. Feeling like a doctor about to go into surgery, he snapped the gloves on, gingerly pulling open the drawstrings to the bag.

          He immediately fished out his own clothes and tossed that onto his couch. Folding clothes? That action did not exist in his universe.

          He plodded to Yesung’s bedroom with the laundry bag in one hand and sipping his coffee from the other. He twisted open the door, and stepped inside. This was the first time he had entered Yesung’s room since he had moved in. There was a dark red and black theme going on, somehow matching with the white walls. Kyuhyun was momentarily distracted by how plushy Yesung’s bed looks. It was like, he could probably sink into it and drown.

          Shaking his head from random urges such as jumping on an idol’s bed, Kyuhyun walked to the middle of the room, setting his coffee cup on the nearby desk. He proceeded to pull Yesung’s clothes out and setting them on his bed in what he hoped to be a neat manner.

          “I feel like a freaking housewife,” he huffed. He pushed his hand towards the desk to retrieve the coffee without looking. His hand came into contact with the cup and accidentally pushed it over.

          “Oh man, why do bad things happen to good people. Why,” he moaned (yes, he was referencing to FRIENDS). Kyuhyun dashed into the bathroom to tear off tons of towel paper and rushed back into Yesung’s room to clean up the mess. There was a clutter of everything on Yesung’s desk (but not his laptop, thank goodness. That was probably with Yesung right now), and Kyuhyun – making a panicky clucking kind of sound – hurriedly set them aside to mop up the brown liquid.

          He was just setting aside the last of the few objects on the desk when one of the things he was moving made a rattling sort of sound. Kyuhyun paused, confused. He picked the rattling thing up, recognizing immediately as some kind of bottle. Judging by the sound, there were pills inside. Kyuhyun’s fingers turned the bottle around so he could read the label.

          The paper towels that he was holding plopped onto the ground.

          He was holding a bottle of antidepressants.


...And now the story begins >D