When we were 5......

Living in the Darkness

Since tomorrow is a weekend, let me had a double update to you all! I know everyone wants to know Baekhyun role xD

---------------------

 

Just like any other days, the queenkas would just glare at Haehyeon when they happen to pass by each other and Haehyeon would just glare back. Whenever Yeohwa have a plan to embarrass Haehyeon, it would always failed. Bomi did not do anything just sat down quietly and see what is Yeohwa trying to do. Sometime she would helped Haehyeon by discourage Yeohwa from planning nasty things on Haehyeon. Bomi would always tell Yeohwa about the consequences for doing nasty things to Haehyeon to make Yeohwa stopped.

Speaking Yeohwa's plan failed.....want to know what she did? Instead of making Haehyeon embarrassed, Yeohwa is the one who got embarrassed. Yeohwa sticked out her leg to tripped Haehyeon. But unfortunately, Bomi send a signal to Haehyeon about it. Instead of tripping on it and got all the food on Haehyeon. Haehyeon faked tripped over Yeohwa and spilled all the food on Yeohwa. That was when the student body started laughing as seaweed were all over Yeohwa's head.

For days that Yeohwa already doing all sort of rubbish things,Haehyeon have getting used to it. As for L.Joe and Haehyeon, they have been secretly meeting each other at the rooftop sometimes, to have their lunch together. Mrs Lee and Mrs Shin always make lunch boxes for them because they want to make sure they were eating together. Like every Monday and Tuesday, Mrs Shin would prepare their lunch boxes while Mrs Lee would prepare on the Thursday and Friday.

As for Wednesday, Haehyeon would eat with Peniel and Hyukjin while L.Joe would eat with Teen Top, of course. Still, Haehyeon did not want to reveal that she was actually close with the Teen Top members. She was afraid that she would pulled down their popularity in school. Well, of course L.Joe isn't happy about it because he couldn't protect Haehyeon whenever she needs it because he wasn't with her all the time. But at least they can have lunch together.That's more than enough for L.Joe.

"Haehyeon! I found Baekhyun already!" L.Joe screamed happily at the phone. "Is it? Where is he?!" *Tell me he is not dead, please.* Haehyeon prayed mentally. "He is in China now. He studied there. He will be back to Korea tomorrow!" "Really? That means we are going to know every single thing tomorrow!!!! Did he had coma or anything?" Haehyeon asked. "No. I don't think so...." "That's great! How did you find him?" "With the power of internet." L.Joe chipped happily.

-----------------------------------------

The next day, Haehyeon and L.Joe woke up early to the airport to welcome Baekhyun. They didn't mind that it was weekend, the day when they can sleep later. All they want is to find out what happen when they were 5. Everyone is curious right?

"Little apple?" a voice came behind Haehyeon. Haehyeon turned back just to be greeted by a tall and cute guy. "Excuse me?" Haehyeon said. "You are Shin Haehyeon, right? and this, must be Lee Byunghun." the guy smiled.

"You are Baekhyun oppa?" Haehyeon widen her eye in surprise. "Yes, my little apple. Still as cute as before." Baekhyun pinched Haehyeon's cheek and Haehyeon blushed with the strange but familiar touch.

"Shall we go get some drinks?" L.Joe suggested. "Sure." Baekhyun smiled and wrapped one of his arm on L.Joe's shoulder while the other on Haehyeon's.

 

"So..... what's up? It has been a long time since I last seen you! Wah... look at our apple. She have become the most beautiful apple I ever seen, right, Byunghun?" Baekhyun ruffled Haehyeon hair. Haehyeon flinched at his touch. L.Joe remained silent. The truth is, he was jealous on Baekhyun interaction with Haehyeon. He had NEVER ruffled or pinched her cheek. Never. And Baekhyun just did. Of course he is jealous.

"Mianhae....But both of us suffer coma when we were 5.... our main point to find you, is to ask you about what happen to us when we were 5." Haehyeon explained and L.Joe just nodded.

"Coma? Both of you suffer coma?" Haehyeon and L.Joe nodded again. "It is good that you guys only suffer with coma....unlike my sister... is she alive or not, nobody knows." Baekhyun said with a little sadness.

"Sister? What is her name?" Haehyeon asked. "Yeohwa. Byun Yeohwa. I tried to look for her, but couldn't." By hearing the name, both Haehyeon and L.Joe eye widen with surprise and gasped."Why are you two reaction like this....You guys know where is she?!" Baekhyun asked, hopefully the answer to him is a 'yes'.

"How old is she?" L.Joe asked. "Same as you two. Remember we were really good friends? I'm older than all of you by a year." Baekhyun replied. "We know someone call Yeohwa. But she is Yang Yeohwa, not Byun Yeohwa." Haehyeon said. "Is it?" Baekhyun sighed. "But she seems to know us since we were 5....maybe Byun Yeohwa and Yang Yeohwa is the same person?" Haehyeon suggested. "That's why we need your help to tell us about what happen when we fell in the river." L.Joe added and Baekhyun nodded and tell them the story slowly in details.

 

[FLASHBACK START]

 

Yeohwa and Baekhyun were siblings. They always came to the river to play with Haehyeon and L.Joe. 4 of them were really good friends. Especially Baekhyun and L.Joe. They are like real brothers. Baekhyun always take care of L.Joe a lot when they were young. As for Yeohwa and Haehyeon, they were different.

Haehyeon treat Yeohwa as her unnie since she do not have any siblings and wanted Yeohwa to be her unnie. However, Yeohwa do not like Haehyeon present at all.

Why? Because Yeohwa likes L.Joe a lot when they were young. But L.Joe would always keep her eye on Haehyeon and not Yeohwa. Which makes Yeohwa really jealous and hate Haehyeon a lot.

To be honest, Baekhyun doesn't really like his young sister a lot because she was literally spoiled by their parents. Whatever she wants, they will buy for her. Never failed to satisfied her once. 

Everytime, Yeohwa will start annoying her brother non-stop to bring her to the river to play with L.Joe. No matter how much Baekhyun felt annoyed and irriated by Yeohwa, he would still bring her along because she is his sister.

Basically, Baekhyun started to like Haehyeon a lot. He would always tried to play with Haehyeon and make her happy because he loves her smile a lot.

While Yeohwa, she always tried to play with L.Joe, but half way through something, it is either L.Joe leaving the game for Haehyeon or Haehyeon came and interupted the game.

 

But one day, the 4 best friends were playing along the river. L.Joe was teaching Yeohwa how to play five stones since Yeohwa pestered him. Yeohwa was focusing on L.Joe, while Haehyeon and Baekhyun were looking at the beautiful lavender at side of the river.

"Wah.... Baekhyun oppa, isn't this lavender looks beautiful? It smells nice too!" Haehyeon pointed to the lavender. "Yes. As beautiful as you, Haehyeon-ah." Baekhyun ruffled her hair. Haehyeon blushed with his touch. "Aigoo... the apple is blushing now, so cute." Baekhyun pinched her cheek now.

"Let me call Byunghun here to see the lavender!" Baekhyun nodded. "Byunghun oppa! Byunghun oppa!" Haehyeon ran to L.Joe. "Hmm?" L.Joe stopped teaching Yeohwa and look at Haehyeon.

"Oppa, there are lavender over there! It is so beautiful! Come and see!" Haehyeon said as she jumped up and down. L.Joe sat the five stones aside and hold Haehyeon's hand as she lead him to the lavender. Yeohwa saw it and was really jealous about that. 

Yes, she was mad. Because once again, Haehyeon interrupted their moments. Now that L.Joe, Haehyeon and Baekhyun were together looking at those lavender, they outcast Yeohwa.

*Hmpf! How can they leave me alone like that. Stupid Shin Haehyeon, why is she always interrupting me and Byunghun oppa moments? Arghh!!!!* Yeohwa mentally cursed as she folded her amrs.

"Oh? Yeohwa unnie! Come here and have a look too!" Haehyeon shouted acrossed and wave her hand to gesture Yeohwa to come. As soon as Yeohwa stood up from where she was sitting, Haehyeon turned her back to Yeohwa and continue looking at the lavender with the boys.

Angry Yeohwa were really childish and mad that time. She dashed forward, pushed Haehyeon down to the river. Haehyeon tried to balance and not to fell in the river. She grabbed onto Yeohwa's hand, hoping that she would helped her to balance. Yeohwa didn't expect this would happen and was surprise to be pulled by Haehyeon. Unfortunately, both of them fell into the river and started struggling for help.

Baekhyun didn't think twice and jumped into the river to save Haehyeon, not Yeohwa. Yeohwa saw everything. *Oppa? Why is he saving Haehyeon, not me? I AM HIS SISTER!* Yeohwa thought as she is calling for help.

Unfortunately, Baekhyun legs got cramps. Not only he couldn't save Haehyeon but himself too. L.Joe saw this and jumped down too. All he think was to save Haehyeon. The girl he likes.

All of a sudden, a heavy pour came. This makes the river stream down even faster. Yeohwa was being washed away then Baekhyun. L.Joe saw a branch sticking out. He held onto Haehyeon hand tightly while the other hand were grabbing the branch tightly that it bleeds his plam. Because of the heavy rain, the water of the river rise and cover both Haehyeon and L.Joe. No matter what, L.Joe just held Haehyeon hand tightly,even when he is struggling for help.

The rain was really heavy. Both of them were drowned. L.Joe have no choice because he was lack of oxygen, he started to feel unconscious and let go of Haehyeon hand while Haehyeon was already unconscious. They were both soon washed away.

 

After the rain stopped and it was already late, the kids aren't back home yet. The parents knew something was wrong and decided to go to the river to look for them but they aren't there. But they found Haehyeon's shoe at the edge of the river. This is when they started calling the police for help.

The searching team, went to the river to look for the kid as well as the parents. They were so worried that all of them were crying really hard. Soon or later, they found L.Joe first. It was relief for L.Joe's parents. But however Haehyeon was still remain missing with the rest.

L.Joe was admitted to the hospital. After 1 or 2 hours, Haehyeon was found and was admitted to the hospital, but a different one from L.Joe.

L.Joe parents asked about Haehyeon, but was told from the police that she was dead. As soon as L.Joe recover from his coma, they found out that he had lost his memories. It was something lucky that L.Joe actually got coma for 2 weeks which is a miracle. Soon, his parents bring him to Oregon to study since his dad had a business there. This is how he lost contact with all his childhood friend.

As for Haehyeon she received coma for 1 month, she too had lost her memories. While Baekhyun, he was found at the side of the river too. He did not received any coma, just minor injuries. What's sad was Yeohwa was reported missing. The search team couldn't find her for 30 hours. They have already tried their best, but nothing can be done.

This is when the Byun's family lost a daughter. Byun Yeohwa was missing. Is she alive or dead now, nobody know. Baekhyun tried his best to find Yeohwa, but couldn't find her.

 

[Flashback end]

 

"So....Yeohwa is Yeohwa?" Haehyeon asked. "Ha! What kind of question is this? You are still as cute as last time!" Baekhyun pinched Haehyeon's cheek again. "Shin Haehyeon, do you think Yeohwa is seeking revenge because none of us is saving her when she was calling for help?" L.Joe asked. "Maybe.....ah! Baekhyun oppa! You really did saw Yeohwa pushed me?"

"Yes, confirm, guarantee plus chop, I saw Yeohwa really pushed you down. Because I wanted to go to the other side to see the lavender with you...because Lee Byunghun is in the middle of us ing. When I was about to go to your side, Yeohwa just came and pushed you down." Baekhyun explained. *Ha! Yeah....serve you right. Bacon. Little Byunghun is so smart for standing in the middle ing you two.* L.Joe smirked.

"So, my little apple, you really forget me?" Haehyeon nodded. "It's okay. Let's start again. Annyeonghasaeyo, I'm Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun. I like you when we were young, but I still like you. I'm going to woo you." Baekhyun beamed. *WHAT?! WOO HER? OVER MY DEAD BODY, PLEASE.* L.Joe cursed mentally and rolled his eye.

"Annyeonghasaeyo,Baekhyun oppa! I'm Haehyeon. You know me. Don't call me little apple because I don't really like it. I'm already grown up...." Haehyeon said. *That's right. Little apple sound so eww...." 

"Annyeong Byunghun! Hope we can be brother like before!" "Don't call me Byunghun. Call me L.Joe instead. Yes, hope we can be like before." L.Joe faked a smile but deep down, he is cursing him inside. *Who want to be brother with you?! Stupid bacon just go away from my Sunshine Shin! Shoo! OKAY, WTF IS THIS?! WHY AM I ACTING LIKE THIS? WHAT THE HELL IS SUNSHINE SHIN?! OMG!!!! LEE BYUNGHUN, STOP!*

"So, when are you guys bringing me to Yeohwa? Because I'm going to China tomorrow. I have school and my parents were waiting for me there." Baekhyun said. "It is impossible for me to ask her out now....." Haehyeon said. "It is possible to arrange me to meet her before I leave?" "I don't know if she would pick up my call...." Haehyeon said. "I'll asked her. I'll tell you the location and timing. Just see you there. Let's go Haehyeon, I need to go, my mum is asking me to her something." 

L.Joe grabed Haehyeon wrists and pulled her up and left without even biding goodbye to Baekhyun.  *Psh... That rascal. He likes Haehyeon and he is jealous. That's so obvious! * Baekhyun smiled to himself and rolled his eye at the two leaving figures. He shook his head and sips to his coffee.

*Byun Yeohwa. Oppa is coming to you now. Please wait for me. I'm going to see you tomorrow.*