Childhood

Living in the Darkness

After dinner, Mrs Lee bring Haehyeon into L.Joe's room. Of course L.Joe was there too. Mrs Lee bend down and pulled out a dusty purple rectangular box under L.Joe's bed.

"yah, umma. Since when do you have such box under my bed?" L.Joe was surprise that he didn't know there was actually a purple box under his bed label 'Byunghun's box'. "Since you were 5? Come, let's take a look." Mrs Lee pulled Haehyeon to sat on L.Joe's bed and L.Joe automatically did the same thing. Anticipating for his mom to open the box.

"Here's the photo. Byunghun took our camera to the river to take the picture. Isn't it adorable?" Mrs Lee asked. Haehyeon took the photo from Mrs Lee and studied awhile.

The picture was Haehyeon, L.Joe and a boy. "Who is he? Is he the one who fell into the river with us?" Haehyeon asked Mrs Lee. "I have no idea. But if I am not wrong.....Byunghun called him Baek....Baek....I forgot his name. But he is a hyung to Byunghun.Because Byunghun always tell me how good is him to you. Like how he treated you all this." Mrs Lee tried her very best to recall everything but can't.

"You remember anything? Baek....what?" Haehyeon turned to asked L.Joe and their eye met. L.Joe paused for awhile and blushed a bit. "L.Joe? Yah, L.Joe!" Haehyeon slapped L.Joe arms lightly. "Erm...yes? yes?" L.Joe got his soul back.

"I'm asking you, if you know someone call Baek something or not." Haehyeon asked again. "No." L.Joe shook his head. "Aigoo.... I wanted to know what happen when we were 5...." Haehyeon pouted. *OMG. DID HAEHYEON JUST POUTED? THAT WAS CUTE!!!!* L.Joe mentally fanboy-ing. (A/N: Lmao. I couldn't imagine if L.Joe fanboy! xD )

"Why do you want to remember so much? This is enough. Just remember you and Byunghun said before that you all want to marry each other when you all are grown up." Mrs Lee said which make both Haehyeon and L.Joe blushed. "Umma..." L.Joe complained.

"Hmm.... I'll left you two alone." Mrs Lee said as she closed L.Joe bedroom door. After a few seconds, "Don't do anything rated.You guys aren't married yet." Mrs Lee suddenly open the door and warned them. "Aigoo....umma!!!" L.Joe shouted as he felt really embarrased. "Arraso...."Mrs Lee said and closed the door leaving the two young ones alone.

Both of them really quiet. No one wants to speak first. Until L.Joe finally broke the silence. "So..... Why are you so curious about our past?" "Because.... Yeohwa said I almost killed her when I was 5." Haehyeon explained. "What?!" "Serious.... That's why I want to know everything when we were 5...."

"Is she seeking revenge because of what happen during 5?" L.Joe asked. "I think so.... she even said it involved you." "Me?" Haehyeon nodded. "I see that you can't remember anything too, right?" L.Joe nodded which make Haehyeon sighed deeply.

"I wonder if that boy still in this world? Is he dead? Did anyone found him? Perhaps he still remember what happen when we were 5...." Haehyeon said. "Yeah.....Do you have something like a box under your bed like me? Perhaps you do have and you didn't know!" 

"Why didn't I think of that? Thanks, L.Joe!" Haehyeon beamed. "You know..." L.Joe trailed. "Hmm?" "I'm....." L.Joe look at Haehyeon eye. Haehyeon was looking at L.Joe seriously, encouraging him to continue. "I'm sorry..." L.Joe whispered. "Huh?" "I said, I am sorry." L.Joe apologised.

"Huh? Why are you sorry?" "Sorry for yelling at you, it isn't your fault." L.Joe looked down. "It's okay. It isn't your fault anyway, you are just worry." Haehyeon smiled. "Really? It's okay?" "Yeah... you yelled at me because you were worried about me. I understand. I'll forgive you." "Thanks, Haehyeon." L.Joe smiled and Haehyeon beamed.

"Shall I send you home now? You should go check if you have such thing under your bed or not. You know... my mom and your mom have the similar thoughts." Haehyeon nodded. "Why not you search the box with me? I haven't been seeing you in school just now...." Haehyeon whispered the last few words. "Oh? Is someone missing me?" L.Joe teased. "No! Who is missing you." Haehyeon lied and blushed.

*Psh... This girl is missing me. Look at how hard she blushed. Still trying to deny it. How cute is she. No.... wait! LEE BYUNGHUN, WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING?! HAEHYEON IS LIKE A SISTER TO YOU. WHAT AM I THINKING?! STOP NOW, LEE BYUNGHUN!* 

--------------------------------------------

"Umma!!!! Do you have my childhood stuffs kept in a box?" Haehyeon shouted from her bedroom as she was searching for the 'box' that was filled with her childhood stuffs. L.Joe too, was busy searching for it.

"No. I don't have a box for that." Mrs Shin came into Haehyeon room and said. Both L.Joe and Haehyeon sighed. "But I have a cupboard for that." Mrs Shin smiled which makr both L.Joe and Haehyeon brighten up.

Mrs Shin bring them to the corridor. She jumped to reach for the rope and pulled it down. Ladder leading to the attic fall. Mrs Shin climbed up the ladder and asked them to follow.

Just like other attic, it was dusty and messy. "So... here's where I put your stuffs. Now go and see whatever you want." Mrs Shin said and left the attic.

Haehyeon and L.Joe started looking through Haehyeon's childhood stuffs. There were dress that Haehyeon wore when she was young. Hair accessories. Finally it came into the pictures. One of the picture were tore, leaving Haehyeon with the boy she saw earlier on at L.Joe's house.

"Hmm... where's the other half?" Haehyeon asked. L.Joe shrugged and just continue searching to see if there's any more pictures. The rest of the pictures were just Haehyeon with her family. 

Just then, L.Joe came by a pink colour bookmark. He fliped the back and saw some some messgae there. "Yah, Shin Haehyeon. Look at this." He showed the bookmark to Haehyeon. Behind the bookmark, it was written:

To: Little apple,

Hope you love this little present from oppa. I spend my time doing it. The drawing is nice, isn't it?

From: Byun Baekhyun oppa.

 

"Baekhyun oppa.... is he the one on the picture? Remember your umma said that the boy called Baek something?!" Haehyeon asked as her eye widen. L.Joe just remain silent as he look at the picture and the bookmark, trying to recall something.

"Baekhyun oppa... is he still in the world? Little apple? Am I call little apple when I was young? Baekhyun.... where is he?" Haehyeon mumbled to herself. "Little apple.... Because your cheek were red and you were really chubby......Look at the picture...as for Baekhyun hyung....arghh.... I can't remember anything." L.Joe growled. "If you can't then don't force yourself. It is going to hurt your head." Haehyeon looked at L.Joe in concern.

"I'll found out where is he." 

 

--------------------------------------------

Yes yes! It's Byun Baekhyun from exo! Okay... so basically, I was stressing who to be the boy. LOL. I have no idea why I would choose Baekhyun. Hehehe :) Still hope you enjoy!

Is he related to Yeohwa?

What happen to them when they were 5? 

You will find out on the next chapter!!!!

Please look forward!