' why did you not tell me?'- Jiyong

Made for each other????

 

 

He waited inside as you spoke to your friend. Jiyong looked around and smiled at the sight of musical crystal ball he had gifted you on your birthday a few years ago. He was happy that a part of you still loved him. He started to look around and found a lot of books on how to be a good parent and child care. He always knew that you wanted to be a mother but he felt you were overdoing it. As he was looking around, he heard your friend say that she was leaving. As he approached the door, he could still hear your friend talking so he waited. As he waited he overheard your friend asking you to take care of your health. He wondered what was wrong with you. However, his thoughts were disrupted by the next line he heard. ‘Take care and eat good food _____, you need to eat not only for yourself but the baby growing inside you as well’ he heard your friend say. ‘The baby?’ he was shocked at what he just heard. ‘You were pregnant but how was that possible? Were you seeing someone? Is it his baby?’ a million questions ran through his mind and he was determined to get the answers.

As your friend said those words you bit your lips in fear of Jiyong overhearing your conversation. As she left, you prayed Jiyong had not heard anything but this time too fate had other plans for you. For the next thing you knew, Jiyong was questioning you about your pregnancy. You kept quiet but he kept on asking. It all made sense to Jiyong now, the ‘No smoking sign on your wall’ the pregnancy books in your room, it all made sense to him. The only thing that did not make sense to him was if the baby was his and if yes then why did you not tell him about it.

Jiyong kept on asking you and you felt your temper rise. How dare he ask you about the baby after he cheated on you? However you knew he deserved an answer. You looked at him with cold eyes and then answered, ‘Yes Jiyong, the baby is yours.’ As you finished your sentence, Jiyong’s eyes started tearing up. 

‘Why did you not tell me?’ he questioned you. ‘Maybe because if the father of my baby really cared then he would not have cheated on me’ you said bluntly. Jiyong was frustrated, he already felt guilty for letting you go and now finding out about your pregnancy did not make things any better.  You looked at him with cold eyes and continued ‘why do you think, I came to your studio without telling you that day, it was because I had found out that I was pregnant. I wanted to surprise you, who knew that I would actually be the one in for a surprise.’ Jiyong felt really guilty as he heard your words, he hurt you and now even when his baby is growing inside of you, he cannot even take care of you, he always regretted letting you go but now he regretted it even more.

‘Leave’ you said without even looking at him and for once Jiyong left without saying anything. Maybe he was at a loss for words or maybe he just hated himself at the moment. He left your house and as he drove back home, he teared up thinking of you and all the things you had to go through.

He loved you and hated himself for all the things he made you go through.