A Change

Rooftop Couple

 

You were in the bus, heading to where you work, Miracle Coffee Café. While on the bus, You remembered everything that you did with Jonghwan and childrens. A small smile appeared on your face.

You’ve never met anyone like him before. He can make you laugh and rose again from deterioration. *He’s really kind… Omo! Why do I always think of him like this?! Is it because he’s my savior? No no no, Min Haneul! Don’t think of him anymore!* You shook your head.

But you couldn’t lie, His smiling face continued to appear in your mind. You shook your head again, *Aish, What’s wrong with me?*

You quickly woke up of your thoughts as the bus stopped. You immediately stood up and get out of the bus. You smiled when you saw the café, you ran into it.

You beamed when you saw your manager, Minwoo who was reading newspaper. You came over to him, “Manager!” You called.

He looked up and a smile appeared on his face, “Oh Haneul, finally you came.” You frowned, “Am I late?” Chuckling, he shook his head, “No, Follow me. I want to introduce you with others.”

After you changed your uniform to your work uniform, You followed Minwoo.

“BOSS BOSS! WHERE IS THE NEW WORKER?!” A bright voice asked. You giggled behind Minwoo as you knew that he annoyed. “Can you not noisy for one day?” Minwoo asked in an annoying tone.

That worked laughed, “NO! I CAN’T!” It’s makes you giggled more and thinking that he’s really a cute guy. He heard you laughed and turned to you and brightened, “OH, SHE’S HERE! HAI!” He walked over to you and shook your head. “My name is Gong Chansik! But you can call me Gongchan!”

You smiled softly at him, “My name is Min Haneul, nice to know you Gongchan.”

Gongchan blinked. Then, with a brigh face he turned to Minwoo, “Boss! Did you hear that?! She called me Gongchan! Finally~~~”

You raised an eyebrow, “What? I thought your name is Gongchan.” He nodded, “Yeah, that’s my name.”

“So Is it strange if I called you like that? I mean, you told me to call you like that…” You said, bewildered. Gongchan laughed and suddenly he pouted as he crossed his arms, “In this café, they didn’t want to call my name like that. So you’re the first worker who called me Gongchan, so I’m happy.” You smiled, *Cute.*

“NAH WHERE IS YOUR SCHOOL—OW!” Gongchan held his head and then turned around with a glare, “EUNHEE NOONA!”

Eunhee rolled her eyes, “You’re so noisy. You will not die if you not noisy for one day, Aren’t you?” Eunhee said. Her gaze fell to you and with a flat look she introduced herself, “My name is Park Eunhee, I’m older than you and Chansik.”

You nervously smiled and bowed, “My name is Min Haneul, Nice to know you… Unnie.” *Her face remind me with someone… but who?* Eunhee nodded in understanding. She turned to Minwoo and then turned away. Minwoo smirked, “Did she not think I’m her boss?” With that, he walked away.

You blinked innocently. Gongchan patted your shoulder as you turned away, “Eunhee noona isn’t a girl… She’s a boy—OW!” Gongchan turned around, Eunhee shot him a glare, “Do you want to die, Chansik?”

Gongchan quickly shook his head and shut his mouth with his hands, “NO! I’m sorry!” He ran away.

Smiling, Eunhee shook his head. She turned to you, “Let me show you how to work, Come on Haneul.”

You nodded with a smile and followed her.

 

*****

 

Evening came. You bowed to Minwoo as you saying your goodbye to Eunhee and Gongchan, after that you went to your house.

You were very happy. You already like work there and you even friends with Eunhee and Gongchan. You think of Eunhee who is older than you, She’s a college student and Gongchan is just like you, a senior student.

*Eunhee unnie isn’t creepy at all and yes, she’s a tomboy girl and Gongchan is so cute,* You thought as you drank your banana milk. You were heading to your house after you went to shopping for dinner.

You stopped walking when you saw there was a person who was leaning on the wall and seemed he would like to die. You suddenly shuddered and slowly walked over to him, “Hey… Are you okay?” You asked.

He didn’t answer and turned to you, Your eyes widened, “Y-Y-YOU! WHAT HAPPENED?!” You were surprised to see L.Joe. His face full of bruises and He winced in pain as clutching his stomach.

You quickly ran over to him and gave him a worried look, “Oh my god,” Now your face showed that you were worried. You put your plastic bag into your bag and wrapped L.Joe’s arm around your shoulder. “Ugh, You’re heavy.” You complained as you lifted his body, “Come on, our house isn’t too far.”

L.Joe didn’t say anything, he just looked at you as he confused. You did hate him, but that doesn’t mean you will let him like that on the road.

You arrived on the rooftop, your house. You helped L.Joe to sit on the bench in front of his house. You sighed, “Huft, Wait me here. I will take my first aid kit,” You said and walked into your house.

After that, you were back with first aid kit box on your hand. You started treaing his wounds. He winced and hissed in pain when you pushed the cotton too hard. “Aish, Slow down!” L.Joe snapped.

You looked at him as you snickered and continued to treating his wounds. L.Joe watched your face that so close to him. He never realized that you are such a beautiful girl. “I thought you hate me.” He suddenly said.

You looked up and there was a pause, You continued treating him, “I thought you hate me, too.”

L.Joe was silent. The fact is, he did not ever hate you. “I… Never hate you.” Now you are really stopped and looked at him, “Then why you kept bothering me? What have I done to you?”

L.Joe couldn’t answer your question. He fell silent and didn’t find the answer to hiw own self. During this time, he and his friends loved to bother people because for them, It’s a fun thing. They just wanted to have fun, forget the lives of those who aren’t good like others.

You fineshed treating him as you sticked band aid to his cheeks. You rubbed his band aid and giggled. He raised an eyebrow, “What’s so funny?”

You shook your head with a smile, “Even though I hate you, I couldn’t let you stay on the road like that. Because I still have a heart.” Your smile disappeared and stood up, “I hope that you didn’t sell my bracelet. It’s very precious to me….” You looked at him and gave him a banana milk, “Drink this, A gift for my enemy.” You turned away and walked into your house.

L.Joe blinked at banana milk on his hand and slowly, he laughed, “Weird girl.”

 

*****

 

The next morning, you locked your house from outside and then turned to L.Joe’s house. You shrugged and skipped downstairs.

“Halmeoni, are you sure you want to go alone to aunt’s house? If you want, I can skip school and accompany you.” You heard a familiar voice talked to Grandma Jo. You narrowed your eyes as you saw a ‘guy’s back.

Grandma Jo hit his arm, “Aigo, Don’t skip your school because of me! I’m fine! Don’t worry.”

“But Halmeoni—“ “My grandson, I’m fine. Don’t worry about me too much, Okay? Now Go to school, or you’ll be late.” Grandma Jo pushed his grandson as they laughed. Your eyes widened in surprise to saw who is Grandma Jo’s grandson. “JO-JONGHWAN?!” You suddenly shouted.

Jonghwan stopped walking and looked up. He beamed and waved at you, “Hi, Haneul!”

Grandma Jo blinked, “You know each other?” Jonghwan nodded, “She’s my classmate.”

You innocently blinked, *Why didn’t he surprised to see me stay here? Did he already know?* You slowly came over to him, “You’re Halmeoni’s grandson? Wow, Seoul is small.” You chuckled.

Jonghwan softened, “Now we can go to school together every time and every day.” Both of you laughed. Grandma Jo smiled and pushed you two, “Kids, You’ll be late! Hurry up!”

You and Jonghwan quickly left and waved to Grandma Jo. You really did not think that Jonghwan is her grandson. You turned to him as you were walking next to him, “I was very surprised to know that you are Halmeoni’s grandson.”

Jonghwan chuckled, “It turns out that this city is very narrow, right?” You also chuckled and nodded. Then you stopped laughing as you turned to him again, “But why don’t you surprised to see me?”

“Because I already know. Noeul who told me, she said that your house is close to L.Joe’s home.” Jonghwan replied with a smile. You nodded in understanding but suddenly remembered about what happened with L.Joe last night, “Do you really know L.Joe?” You asked.

Jonghwan shook his head, “Not really. But he had lived there since junior high school, He lived with his mother.” You nodded again, “But… I never saw his mother in the house.” Jonghwan smiled, “After L.Joe entered high school, his mother worked in Busan. So that’s why, now he lived alone.”

You once again nodded in understanding. Jonghwan blinked at you, “But why are you asking about him?” You startled and quickly waved your hands, “No! Euhm… It’s because I’m so curious about him. He’s a bit mysterious…” You nervously smiled.

Jonghwan softened and ruffled your hair. You smacked his arm and both of you laughed together as you entered the school. Laughing, you walked toward your locker. “Oh, If you want to go to the class first, It’s okay.” You said.

Jonghwan chuckled, “No, I will wait for you.”

Your expression softened and opened your locker. Your smile disappeared as you saw there was something in your locker. “Oh no… My bracelet… MY BRACELET!” You yelped as you took your bracelet and wanted to cry. Jonghwan looked at you, “What’s wrong?”

You brightened at him, “My bracelet is back!” You shouted and then turned into your locker again. You confused to see a banana milk and there was a letter. You quickly opened it and read it, ‘I’m sorry’.

*L.Joe…?* You softened and smiled to yourself. You paired the bracelet to your wrist, Finally.. It’s not empty anymore.

Jonghwan smiled when he saw your smiles, *Good for her.*

You and Jonghwan walked to your classroom. You were joking and chatting to each other when you were heading to your class.

You entered the class and something has changed, they didn’t bother you. nothing happened. You beamed and ran over to your seat.

L.Joe watched you from his seat and smiled to himself. Chunji looked at him with a curious look, “Yah, Why all of a sudden you get them to stop bothering her?” He asked.

“Because I’m bored.” L.Joe replied without looking at his bestfriend. Chunji sneered at him, “You’re not cool.”

“Argh, Boring! L.Joe Hyung, Why we should not bother her again?” Ricky complained. “Yeah, this is so not fun because there is nothing else we can do.” Changjo sighed.

“Do something, hyung.” Niel looked at CAP. “What can I do?” CAP lazily replied. He rested his head on the table.

L.Joe didn’t say anything and just looked at you. *She’s never wrong from the beginning, Why am I bothering her?* At that moment, you turned to him and met eyes. You suddenly gave him a sweet smile and turned to Noeul again. L.Joe blinked, *Did she just smile to me?* He smiled again and kept watching you, *Her smile is so cute.*

 

*****

 

School has ended. Today went well because they really didn’t bother you anymore. You thought that they really followed L.Joe’s words.

“Wait, I’m going to read the picket turn for today.” Your homeroom teacher, Mrs. Woo Ri said. All students groaned and prayed that it’s not they who will get turn on a duty today.

“Min Haneul—“ You gasped and sighed, You took out your phone and texted Eunhee that you will be late for work. “And, Lee Byunghun.” Your eyes widened and then slapped your face with your palm. *Why him?*

Noeul gave you a worried look, “If you don’t want, I will tell ssaem to change it with someone else.” You turned to her and shook your head, “It’s okay. L.Joe isn’t a bad guy, he’s my neighbor.” You gave her a fake smile, *But I still hate him.*

“Okay then… Sorry I can’t wait for you, I want to go to a photography exhibit…” She muttered. You knew that Noeul really loved photography. You softened, “It’s okay, Don’t worry.”

Noeul smiled to you and left. You were about to stood up and spun around but suddenly you bumped to Jonghwan. You gave him an awkward smile while Jonghwan gave you a worried look, “You will be okay?” He asked.

You chuckled and nodded, “Hey, L.Joe isn’t a monster.”

Jonghwan laughed, “Okay… See you tomorrow.” He gave you a smile and left.

You turned to L.Joe who was staring at you. You raised an eyebrow, “What?”

He turned away and walked over to the board, “Are you dating Jonghwan?” He asked as he erased the board.

You grabbed a rag and started wiping the window, “Of course not, He’s my friend and he’s very kind… not like someone.”

L.Joe stopped erasing and turned to you, “You mean me? I had return your bracelet.” He said as he continued erasing.

“You are a liar.” You said. L.Joe finished erasing and watched you in trouble to wipe the top. With his flat look, he came over to you as he grabbed another rag and helped you.

You were startled and looked up. Your faces are close together and you realized how good-looking he is. He stopped and looked down at you, both of you stared to each other. Suddenly, your phone rang and it broke the staring contest. You startled and looked at your phone, It was an alarm.

“I have to go!” You grabbed your bag and ran toward the door but then, you stopped, “L.Joe… Thank you.” You said and then left.

L.Joe blinked, *I didn’t even say thank you about last night…*

 

====

 

Comment, Please?!<333