Something Anew

An Author's Story

 

                Kangin was still dragging a flustered ChunAe towards somewhere he wants to go. ChunAe knew that anything might happen this day, and she knew it was not right. She’s with an idol... a very well known idol. Not just an idol... he and his group paved a way in international countries.

                Is she an ELF?

                Yes, but a passive ELF. She buys their albums but she does not go to their concert... she’s scared... she was scared to see him and he would not recognize her. Now that he sees her... he remembers her.

                ChunAe felt the gladness in her heart and  warmth spreads over her cheeks. It was then... she remembered one thing...

                He had a girl friend...

 

 

                The next morning came. ChunAe’s group was busy thinking what to do for their project and they’re already losing time. ChunAe was nowhere to be seen, she was absent the whole morning and it was said that she called in sick. The group was under some shade of the tree, it was their meeting place that ChunAe required them to go every lunch hours.

                “Aigooo! I’m tired of thinking!” AhYoung complained.

                “What if we fail...” AeLAn asked, looking at the horrid faces of the people around her.

                “Yah! Don’t say that! May parents are going to kill me!” HyukJae said.

                “Psh, shut up... you and YoungWoon don’t have to worry much... as soon as you guys will debut, you won’t have to think about finding a job” AhYoung said.

                “Neh, and we’re still waiting for that debut.” YoungWoon said and it was then, ChunAe showed up.

                “Chun, we thought you called in sick?” Ae Lan asked.

                “Well that’s my excuse, I guess ranked students have advantages” ChunAe smirked. “Okay guys, I’ll give you each some work: Ah young, you go and encode these and send it to my email, AeLan and HyukJae; you will go to these establishments and get the answers from each requirements. YoungWoon, come with me and we’ll go to some engineering offices...”

                ChunAe gave each of them a piece of papers, they all looked at the papers then at ChunAe.

                “WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! MOVE MOVE MOVE!!!!” ChunAe yelled and the three bustled to move out of the scene leaving her and YoungWoon.

                “Wow... that was fast” YoungWoon said.

                “I don’t want to be the reason for you guys to be failed” ChunAe said shortly.

                “What am I supposed to do?” YoungWoon asked.

                “Keep me company... I needed it” ChunAe said that leaves a confused YoungWoon in reveries.

                “Arasso” YoungWoon said and left together with ChunAe, as they were about to move out, 3 ladies passed by them and gave YoungWoon an angry look..

                “Yah, YoungWoon, Leah is crying again because of you” One of them said, ChunAe recognize her. She’s MinHee and her 2 other friends are InHa and BoMi.

                “It’s not my fault, she’s the one started it” YoungWoon said exasperatingly.

                “You’re the guy, you shouldn’t fight your girlfriend” InHa said and rolls her eyes.

                “Aish... it’s none of your business, It’s mine and Leah’s so keep your noses out!” YoungWoon said. Bomi scoffed.

                “Just as we thought, you’re never the type of guy who could ever be fine with Leah! You’re totally worthless!” With that they stormed off. YoungWoon and ChunAe watched as the girls left.

                “I didn’t know Leah was your girlfriend” ChunAe said softly, still looking at the retreating backs of those girls. “I used to think that...”

                “What? That I’m too useless for her?” YoungWoon said, his mood had definitely dropped and he seemed to be really pissed.

                “No, I used to think that no guy could ever withstand her” ChunAe said and with that, YoungWoon laughed hard.

                “HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!” YoungWoon continued laughing. “I-I never—hahaha!!!—thought that you—ahaa—had a sense of humour!!!” He sniggered more.

                “Ha. Ha. Very funny YoungWoon” ChunAe tried to keep a straight face. “What I said only makes you a dense person” YoungWoon stopped laughing.

                “Aish, you really have to ruin my mood” Kangin said and walked off with ChunAe.

                Though secretly, YoungWoon smiles that at least ChunAe uplift his mood. He never thought someone could somewhat cheer him up. He’s the bad guy in every story... not until now.

 

                Finally, Kangin and ChunAe made a stop in front of an old food shop... Kangin’s eyes shone at the very sight of it while ChunAe’s eyes see much more memories...