The time we met

An Author's Story

 

                The clock strikes...

                time to go home.

                She thought as she looked at the digital clock on my right hand desk. She sighed and compiles the important papers of the company’s bills and such. She slowly placed them at the vault below the desk for protection.

                Her name is Shin Chun Ae, 23 years of age, a junior executive accountant for the Tulip Corporation. She’s one of those you call ‘serious’ type of person... some one that is kill joy, no fun, some what nerdy... but she don’t care anyways. She has her own reputation to protect.

                Reputation...

                She stopped at nothingness as she remembered that word...

                No... I better leave the past... don’t look back anymore...

                As soon as she’s done with all these folders she went out of the office and straight down to the building’s exit. She’s a busy woman, she need to update more files.

                ChunAe passed several shops in hurry, because if she don’t, she’s going to miss the bus... it’s not funny to wait for more than 30 minutes to for the second one. Taxi? No way! She’s never gonna spend big money for it! Waste of money.

                She saw the bus, leaving in a few minutes. She smiled in relief thinking this would save her from spending too much money or time. She ran towards the bus when all of the sudden—

                “OOOOMMMF!!!” she was thrown backwards and her things and files got lost from her grip.

                “Owww...” the other one muttered. She looked at him and saw a man with a large built sitting at my opposite.

                “Aigo!” she looked at her things and carefully picked them. Then came the sound of a moving bus, ChunAe looked up and saw the bus slowly making it’s pace to run.

                It’s gone... the bus is gone and gone...

                AAAAAIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

                She sighed in exasperation, it wasn’t even her fault! Some big idiot came strutting from nowhere and bumped her!

                “YAHHHH!” She screamed in exasperation at the guy.

                “Ah... mianhe” He spoke softly, not looking at ChunAe. He has this weird clothes... it’s in the middle of summer and he’s using winter’s clothing. Is he sick or something? ChunAe thought

                “Tsk...” She said and just continued on picking her stuffs.

                “Let me help you” He said and grabs the few stuffs on the ground. As soon as they’re finished, he gave her the last stuffs and—

                “Chun Ae?” He said. ChunAe looked at him, not recognizing the voice behind that mask. She frowned... He took off his mask and sunglass... “It’s me—“

                “Y-Young Woon-ah..”

 

                This is my story...

 

7 years ago...

               

                “... so this next few months we’ll be discussing more about business management. I’m sure you have heard the infamous Feasibility Projects? By the end of the month...”

                The teacher seemed to drone on and on about the outline of the 2nd semester... it seemed that the students are still not quite ready for the new lessons yet. Some students were sleepy by the fact that it’s really cold, the winter month is approaching.

                A 16 year-old ChunAe on the other hand...  is scribbling notes while ignoring the fact that someone behind her is snoring soundly. She bets he went to the bar last night with his model friends. You ask who’s that person? Well... his name is Kim YoungWoon, a sturdy guy, tall and lanky. It was heard he’s been casted in one of the famous entertainment agency... but  ChunAe doesn’t care, really.

                “OKAY GUYS!”  The teacher boomed, Park SungSaeng-nim is always like that, but it was nevertheless effective since his voice woke the sleepy head behind ChunAe. “I will group you into five, but first, I’ll call out the leaders and will draw the names of their members.”

                “Neh” Says the bored tone of 30 students.

                “Arasso, Jung Ae Cha! Yun Lei Ah! Kim Ah Seo! Jeon Dae Sy! Shi Jae Hee—“

                “And lastly... Shin Chun Ae!”

                The teacher called out the name of the students because he seemed to think that they’re team players. ChunAe is the 4th ranking in their level and that’s the reason why she was chosen. “Leaders, come forth and pick 4 rolled papers from this box” The teacher said and ChunAe went towards the box.

                After a few minutes, ChunAe managed to have her pick. She unrolled the paper one by one, hoping the students she picked were of some use.

                “Joo Ae Lan, Seo Ah Young, Lee Hyuk Jae and... *sighs* Kim Young Woon” she mumbled to myself.

                This is so unfortunate -.-

               

 

                “H-hey! How have you been?” He said as he scratched his head and smiled at ChunAe. She couldn’t stop but to stare into his brown eyes that glimmers with glee.

                “F-Fine!” ChunAe said as she looked at the stuffs on her hand. “I-I better go” but then, Kangin blocked her.

                “Where?” Kangin asked with signs of mischief in his face.

                “H-home” ChunAe said, not meeting his gaze.

                “But you just missed your bus” Kangin said. “If you wait for the next one, it’ll come in an hour”

                Kangin was right, ChunAe has to wait for n hour to have another bus to come. She couldn’t afford to wait that long. She didn’t bring extra money for a taxi either. ChunAe shrugged.

                “I know a place where to spend that one hour” Kangin said seductively as he placed his hand over her shoulder.

                ChunAe looked at him with a horrified expression. Kangin’s face leans closer towards her, ChunAe’s heart was beating rapidly as though it was ready to burst in any time. She closed her eyes, with a blushing face.

                “Yah...” ChunAe heard Kangin who was laughing. “What’s on your mind, huh?”

                “M-mwoyah” ChunAe said softly, it was not the first time that Kangin really leads her to an awkward situation.

                “Come on...” Kangin pulled her wrist and began walking to a certain direction.

                ChunAe looked at his back... it was different from the few years she actually last seen him...

                His retreating back...

 

...

                “... so what are we going to do?” Ae Lan, a petite girl who was in the same group as ChunAe.

                “You decide, I’ll just follow what you want” ChunAe shrugged. For ChunAe they are not actually her group.

                “Why don’t we just get someone to do the job? We’re going to just pay him/her anyway” YoungWoon said. ChunAe looked at him in disbelief.

                “I agree” HyukJae said

                “Me too” Ae Lan said.

                “I don’t” Ah Young said “I don’t have the money”

                “Me too” ChunAe said softly.

                “But that’s 3 out of 5, you lose” YoungWoon said and smiled mischievously. “Anyway, I heard the other group are also going to let other people to do their work, even the 2nd and 3rd ranked leaders.”

                “But isn’t that... kind of... cheating?” ChunAe said.

                “Relax!” YoungWoon said and placed and arm around ChunAe. “It’s not like we can’t defend it” ChunAe jerked off YoungWoon’s hand and smiled.

                “Yeah, right” ChunAe said. “Seemed we have no choice, AhYoung”

                “Neh” AhYoung said, downcasted.

                ChunAe doesn’t like the sound of it... but she has no choice. Even though she’s the leader, her members’ suggestions matters. She doesn’t want be in the bad side of one person though...