But Things Happened...

They Were All Just Lies

BoA kept on brushing his teeth but she got slightly nervous when she heard no more after the door opened. Usually her Appa would scream and greet everybody but there was silence. BoA quickly finished washing up and went outside the kitchen in tiptoe, afraid that it might be an intruder or a thief. She quickly took a small knife and peeked at the door. There she can see a head of a male sitting on the couch. BoA slowly approached the figure, her heart beating so fast. She gripped the knife firmly and hid it behind her back. As she almost reach the couch, she didn’t notice a water bottle on the floor and tripped on it making  a loud noise that made the figure startled and turn his head to the direction of the noise. BoA quickly swished the knife in front of the man and the figure froze.

 

“Appa…” BoA muttered, heaving a sigh of relief as she loose her grip on the knife and it fell on the floor. Her father looked at him wide-eyed.

 

“BoA, why are you holding a knife? That’s dangerous!” BoA looked into her father’s eyes and it was swollen and red as if he was crying earlier. She quickly took the knife and placed it back in the kitchen then went back to her father and bowed.

 

“Mianhe appa, I thought you’re a thief and I got scared. My siblings are sleeping peacefully upstairs and I’m afraid something will happen.” She apologized to her father and lowered her head quite oblivious that upon hearing the words ‘something will happen’, her father was already suppressing his tears. Her Appa grabbed her wrist and made her sit beside him at the couch.

 

He embraced his daughter and started sobbing. He doesn’t know what will happen in the future. He’s afraid that something might really happen one day. His tears wet his daughter’s blouse but BoA just kept on rubbing her father’s back even though she’s not sure on what is really happening.

 

“I’m sorry BoA, I’ve been a bad father.” His father said in a cracking voice.

 

“Appa, what are you saying? I don’t understand.” She continued on patting her father’s back to at least give him comfort.

 

He let go of her daughter and held the girl’s hands tightly.”If anything ever happens, just keep faith in yourself and try to live in peace please. Forgive your irresponsible father of yours. Go upstairs now. Sleep now please.” He slightly pushed and moved his hand signaling her to go. BoA still wanted to find out what exactly happened to her father to act like that. She can still see very clearly those blood shot eyes in her mind. She went upstairs and tried to forget what happened.

 

The next day, everything went to its normal pace and the day rolled like nothing actually happened the night before. Though BoA can still see the anxious expression on her father’s face, she tried to make the house brighter in hope that the worried look of her father will fade away.

 

A few days later…

 

“Kids! Wake up! Time to go to school.” Their appa shouted happily as he enters the room of his kids one by one.

 

Jaejoong yawned cutely and pouted at his father for making him wake up early. He still hasn’t got enough sleep since his Sica unnie were playing around till midnight. Jaejoong’s appa saw his mad face and jumped to the bed.

 

“Aigoo, my beautiful son. Why are you so annoyed this morning?” His appa gave a peck on his lips and pinched his cheeks.

 

“Jaejoong wants to sleep more….” He gave a tight hug to his father.

 

“That won’t happen. You have class today and it’s not my fault that you and Jessica have been up all night.” His father released a chuckle though the sadness in his eyes was somewhat obvious.

 

“Then I’ll go wash up Appa!” Jaejoong squeaked as he ran to the bathroom.

 

“Okay! The girls are next.” Their father said as he went out of Jaejoong’s room and knocked at the girls’ rooms.

 

“Girls! You’re all going to be late if you don’t go down now. Jaejoong is already up. I expect all of you to be downstairs in 20 minutes.” Mr. Kim ordered the two as he made his way downstairs.

 

“Ne, appa!” The two girls said in unison in their rooms.

 

*****

 

“I heard all of you will now receive the grade results. Am I right?” Mr. Kim inquired the kids.

 

“Yes appa, today is the releasing of grades. We did our best appa! Didn’t we Joongie? Jessica winked at her brother who giggled in reply.

 

“We studied together Appa! Sica unnie is really good in numbers!” Jaejoong proudly responded to his father.

 

“Aigoo, the two of you…You’re always forgetting me. How come you are all together while studying and I’m always alone? I’m jealous!” BoA brother as she didn’t give the toast that she was feeding to Jaejoong.

 

“BoA noona. We want you to study alone so you can get good grades. You have many things to do noona! We don’t want to disturb you.” Jaejoong gave off his brightest smile which made the three of them laugh.

 

“Our Joongie will grow up cute!” Everybody nodded in approval in their appa’s statement.

 

Then their father sighed. It might mean nothing to the other kids but BoA noticed it and also the sadness in his voice. She still can’t forget what happened that night. After that incident, BoA became nervous and gloomy.

 

Everybody dressed up and prepared for school and work. Mr. Kim took Jaejoong and sent him to his school while the two girls took the bus together.

 

*****

 

When the bell rang signaling for lunch, BoA received a call from Jessica.

 

“BoA unnie, I’m going home early. Can you just fetch Jaejoong alone? I have a surprise for him!” Jessica excitedly whispered through the phone. BoA can’t help but smile.

 

“Really? Fine then! Let’s just meet at home okay?” BoA beamed as she walks by the hallway heading to the cafeteria.

 

*****

 

“Noona! Where is Sica noona? I thought we are all going home together?” Jaejoong looked a bit gloomy since he is expecting his noona to be with him.

 

“This kid really. Don’t be sad little boy. Sica noona said that if you have a very good result in your grades then she will give you a surprise!” BoA succeeded in making Jaejoong hyper again.

 

*ding *dong *ding *dong

 

“Why don’t they open it? Appa is already there right?” Jaejoong tried to push the gate but it won’t budge.

 

*ding *dong *ding *dong

 

“Ah! I forgot! I have my own key! Stupid me!” BoA laughed at herself as she fished out the keys on her pocket.

 

Jaejoong excitedly ran to the door with BoA following by. As Jaejoong opened the door, BoA screamed and quickly covered Jaejoong’s shocked eyes with her trembling hands.

 

There was blood…

 

Blood everywhere…