Unease

A race for maknae

Seohyun looked down at her plate and pretended there was something very interesting about the pea on the plate.

On her right, Kyuhyun blabbed on about games and everything else Seohyun didn't have a clue about. On her left, Changmin glared at Jinwoon who was across Seohyun and kept trying to capture her gaze, which Jinwoon just stared and innocently smiled back at.

"Hey, then you know what happened to player 2? He just exploded!" Kyuhyun made big actions and started laughing, clearly not aware of everyone else's silence. "Don't you get it Seohyun-ah? He DIED! Just like that." Kyuhyun rocked his chair back and forth as he laughed hysterically. 

"Yeah... That's cool..." Seohyun nodded. She had thought wrong when she thought that she made a decent friend. He was not a "friend", he was some mad monkey obsessed with games and playing jokes on other people. And then there were the other two just staring at eachother for the whole time. Some normal people she met....

When Kyuhyun took a breath half-way through his starcraft victory narrative, Jinwoon's chair scraped back. "Well, nice meeting you all and... Seohyun's boyfriend but I've really got to go find my own friends. Hope i'll see you around Kyuhyun-sunbae!" he waved, particularly at Seohyun then left.

She heard the loudest sigh from Changmin who finally started eating his food after that long staring contest. 

After swallowing down his lunch (like the shikshin he was), Changmin's eyes caught something on Seohyun's dress.

"Joo Hyun-ah..." he mumbled and reached out slowly.

"Hm?" Seohyun looked up and noticed Changmin plucking at a petal that had stuck on her white dress. "Oh! Thanks oppa!"

Accidentally, Changmin's fingers brushed against Seohyun's stomach. Suddenly, Seohyun bursted out into laughter.

"Hahaha!! Oppa! That tickles!" she waved his hand away. 

Kyuhyun snapped out of his game-crazy daze at her loud laugh. And of course, there was a reason why he was called evil-kyu. Kyuhyun smirked and tickled Seohyun even more. "Mwahahaha!!!!"

Seohyun wriggled around trying to avoid his hands. Changmin just smiled. To him, it sounded like the singing of an angel and her smile reminded him of a cute, innocent child. Only less than 5 years ago, he hid around the corner to catch a glimpse of the kingka's younger sister Joohyun walking out with a smile on her face and both arms attatched to her favorite pile of fiction books. He couldn't believe that now, she was right next to him- where he could speak to her comfortably  if only he weren't so shy.

"Promise not to do that again!" Seohyun pointed her fork at Kyuhyun and frowned.

"Okay! Okay!" the latter raised his hands with a smirk. 

"Phew... What's the time by the way?" Seohyun glanced at Changmin who read his phone.

"Er... half-past 1. Siwon has a basketball match. Do you guys want to go watch?" Changmin asked the two.

"Can I?" Seohyun's eyes sparkled.

Kyuhyun stood up quickly. "Why not?" he dragged Seohyun by the arm and headed toward the courts just outside the cafeteria.

Changmin froze, looking at the two sharing physical contact.

"W-wait!!! My bag!!" Seohyun glanced back sadly at her bag that was left dangling on the chair.

"Nuh-uh. Come back to get it later. We'll be late for the match- in fact we probably already are!" Kyuhyun ran. They were now holding hands.

The boy who was left, let out a sigh. He obviously had nothing to be jealous of. He knew it. He wasn't Seohyun's boyfriend or anything and nor was Kyuhyun. But he felt bricks falling onto his heart.

With a growing feeling of unease, he picked up Seohyun's bag and slowly followed to the courts. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know... short chapter.

A slightly late Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!! Merry thank-you's to seokyuyoonhaefans, hensyy, love_yie13, gardenia23, storymaker123, zarifah95 and Loveables~~~~~ Sorry if I missed anyone :) And I love you all! Looong time no see... About a month. Hi and bye until next time!