Chapter Thirteen

Infinity

Woohyun POV:

Sungyeol, Sungjong, and Myungsoo's information about Chunji was a little disappointing. It was only the basics about him: how he wanted to be a singer, was best friends with L. Joe and whom he hung out with, and that he was the third smartest person. Those are more like observations except the wanting to be a singer part. I can sing. I can sing pretty damn well, too. If Sunggyu wants a singer, I can be a singer. And why didn't Sunggyu eat lunch with us on Friday?

"Hey Woohyun!" A voice exclaimed from behind me.

I turned around to be starting at Sunggyu, "Sunggyu, how are you?"

"Good," He smiled as he ran his hand through his hair, "How are you?"

"Good. Uhm, Sunggyu, I felt as if I didn't see you all day Friday," I said as I let out a nervous laugh. What was wrong with me?

"Oh yeah, Chunji and I had lunch together," He said casually as a flood of jealousy came through me.

"Oh, no big deal," I said as I shurgged, but to me it was a big deal. I didn't want to loose Sunggyu to Chunji.

Sunggyu must have sensed my disappointment because he rested a hand on my shoulder, "You are still my best friend," He smiled towards me, "Forever and always."

My heart skipped as I smiled towards Sunggyu, "Do you really mean that?"

"Of course," He said seriously. "Oh, by the way we're having lunch with Chunji soon"

"Oh is he going to start eating lunch with us now?" I asked trying not to sound mean.

"Well, I acutally meant with just you and me."

"Oh," I said as I felt disappointed. Now I had to endure a lunch with Sunggyu and Chunji. Alone.

"Are you okay with this?" Sunggyu asked, concerned.

I looked down, sad, and then recomposed myself. I turned to Sunggyu and smiled, "Of course." But I didn't think it was okay. I had to have lunch with a guy that I sent people to spy on. This was going to be an awkward lunch.

 

Sunggyu POV:

"Sunggyu!" I heard behind me as I was walking with Woohyun.

I turned to look behind me, exchanging looks with Woohyun when I found Chunji coming towards me. He looked excited to see me but when he saw Woohyun beside me his smile dropped as he started walking slower towards me.

"Uh... Sunggyu," Chunji smiled shyly as he came up to us and then looked awkwardly towards Woohyun whom was avoiding eye contact, "Hello Woohyun."

Woohyun just looked up and nodded towards Chunji, "You know what? I have a student council meeting that I forgot about. I'm late," Woohyun said as he looked at his watch and then walked away.

I knew that Woohyun was lying, as usual, but I let him go. I didn't want to make Chunji sad by saying that Woohyun didn't want to talk to him. But I did feel sad that Woohyun left. Why didn't Woohyun and Chunji like eachother?

"Hello Chunji," I said as I smiled towards him. "I told Woohyun about us having lunch together. The three of us, and he was excited."

Chunji smiled, "That's good. When are we having lunch?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, "When do you want to have lunch?"

"I don't care. Whenever."

"Next week?" I asked, hopeful. Hopefully by the time next week comes around I could talk Woohyun into actually being social towards Chunji, and Chunji to be open minded about Woohyun.

"Sure," Chunji smiled as the bell rang. "I'll see you in science." And with that Chunji left, leaving me standing alone in the school hallway and it was in that moment when I wished that Woohyun had never walked away.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

That chapter was a little vague and short, but I'm excited to write about their lunch together :). Thank you for reading!