The Collection

The Collection

 

The sun had already set and the room was illuminated by the light of the street and the neon lights.

Yamaa and Akane were lying in bed facing each other. Yamaa grabbed a lock of her hair that had fallen on her forehead and put it behind her ear. Akane opened her eyes and smiled.

“So… I guess you’re not gay, then? Or was I just an experimentation phase?” She said with a little frown.

“What?” squealed Yamaa.

“Okay so… no?

“No, I’m not. You really do blurt anything that comes to your mind, don’t you?” He said amazed.

“I know. I’m usually not this bad. It gets worse when I’m with you. I’ll try to stop.”

“Don’t, I think I like it. I don’t have to wonder what you’re thinking, you always tell me.”

Akane smiled and squirmed a little closer to Yamaa.

“Why would you think I’m gay, though?”

“Well, I’ve seen women throw themselves at you and you’ve never seemed interested. And then, that time when I asked you about the girl in the park,” Akane felt Yamaa tense a little but ignored it and kept on talking. “You said you liked her but couldn’t see yourself dating her so… I figured… I don’t know I guess I got carried away by office gossip.”

“They think I’m gay at the office??” He asked opening his eyes to outrageous proportions.

“Well, some of the women say that, but I think it’s just to make themselves feel better about the fact they couldn’t get your attention.” She pulled back a little until her face was leveled with his and said: “Want me to go back and set them straight?”

He laughed. “No, that’s ok.” He put his hand through her hair and brought her closer to him and kissed her socks off… well IF she had been wearing socks, anyway.  With the hand he still had on the back of her head he angled her and deepened the kissed. Akane sighed and melted into him. And that’s when her stomach decided to growl.

Yamaa chuckled with his lips still on her. Akane wrinkled her nose and said: “Sorry, I guess I worked up an appetite.”

Yamaa chucked again. “See, I always know what you are thinking and how you feel, I never have to wonder. And I could e…” And that’s when his stomach decided to growl. The both started laughing then.

“Come on,” said Akane while reluctantly leaving the bed and got her clothes back on. “Let’s rummage the kitchen and see what we can find.”

Yamaa followed her into the kitchen. Unfortunately, she noticed with a little disappointment, he had put his jeans back on. Fortunately, he didn’t have his shirt on leaving those incredible biceps and… yep those awesome abs. “Focus” thought Akane.

Yamaa was looking at her; he put his head to the side and asked: “What were you thinking.”

“That I was glad you left your shirt off.” He lifted his eyebrows and looked down at himself. “Are you still glad I blurt everything out?” She asked.

“Most definitely.” He answered with a sideway smile. “And I’ll try to remember you like this look.”

Akane laughed, she seemed to be doing that a lot today and so did he.

“Come on, feeding time.” Akane turned around so she didn’t see his smile falter. He had forgotten his responsibilities. What if…

Yamaa stopped the thought right there. He couldn’t just leave now. He would eat with Akane, and then explain that he had work in the morning and then leave.

He followed her to the kitchen and helped her prepare the food.

They were sitting at the kitchen table, eating with the TV on but they weren’t paying attention to it. They were talking and sometimes one of them would reach out and kiss the other. It was the first time, for both of them, to feel completely at ease with a person of the opposite without feeling judged or just awkward.

Then, Akane turned her head towards the TV. She gasped and dropped her fork.

“Oh my god.”

Yamaa frowned and looked at the TV to see the picture of a girl. Akane turned up the volume.

“Tegoshi Yuuko, (Age 24), was confirmed as the latest victim of The Collector. The police confirmed finding his signature letter inside her apartment. It is presumed that she was taken between Wednesday and Thursday last week…”

“I can’t believe it.” Yamaa said nothing. What could he say that she would understand? “I feel bad I didn’t say anything when she never came by the park anymore.”

“What could you have done? Go to the police and say that a girl you didn’t know had stopped going to the park? I mean you didn’t even know her name. There is nothing you could have done.”

“I know. You think that guy is telling the truth? When he says that he won’t hurt them?”

“He is.” He said. Akane looked at him. “I mean, I’m sure he is. Why else would he leave the letters?”

Akane nodded and turned off the TV. They kept eating but the TV report had reminded Yamaa that he had responsibilities.

After they finished eating he said: “I have to get going.”

“Oh, okay.” Akane said and Yamaa couldn’t help but notice the disappointment in her voice. He was disappointed too. He really wanted to stay.

“I have to work tomorrow and…”

Akane stopped his apology. “I understand. Just call me whenever you want to get together.” As always, she didn’t push, she didn’t ask or demand. Looking at her he couldn't stop himself from kissing her. It started soft and sweet but soon it became deeper and more passionate and soon they were both breathing harder.

“Akane?” Her name sounded so good in his lips.

“Yes, Tomohisa?” What do you know, his name sounded good on her lips, too.

“I really don’t want to go.” She smiled up at him. Her hands went from his hips to his stomach and ended up locked on his neck.

“Then stay a little longer.” She said softly. She stood on the tip of her toes and kissed him. Yamaa eagerly kissed her back.

He put his arms around her and lifted her up and started taking her back to her bedroom.

I can stay for one more hour. Thought Yamaa. Or maybe three.