A Tree Without Flowers

Hana

Be careful what you wished for..

 

 

______

 

 

It’s a warm day in the middle of spring. Flowers are rushing to bloom, in every kinds and every colors, challenged each other about which of them will be praised by the peoples who passes them. And the streams of winds are just laughing at them, finding it so funny how they’re arguing about their appearance when they all know that once autumn come they’ll wiped away from their spot, all from every specific colors turns to one dark gloom brown, falling sadly to the ground.

 

However, there’s a pretty enormous tree, placed alone in the middle of the park in a hospital. Had nothing than branches and a bit green yet brown leaves. No flowers. And everyone who passed it by will shot it a questioning stare. They’re wondering why someone planted it there. The tree is huge indeed, but people can’t really doze off under it because the branches are not that long to cover them from the sunlight. And it’s not that beautiful like the other trees not so far from it.

 

Yixing gazed at the tree down there at the earth, wondering why in this beautiful morning he received a leaf from it. A fresh green leaf. He sighed when he finally understand why the tree gave him the most healthy leaf it got. It’s wishing on him for a help.

 

“Baekhyun, I think that tree down there got a wish to tell.” Yixing glanced at his partner. Baekhyun, the sloppy angel who can beam lights from his hand, with unique eyes that looks can smile along his lips, and slender fingers.

 

Baekhyun gazed at the healer angel next to him. “Should we go down there?”

 

“Can I go too??” the fire angel, Chanyeol, chirped with his deep voice.

 

Yixing shook his head in disbelief. “Do you really think you won’t set the poor tree in fire?”

 

For that boldness and blunt words, Chanyeol could only pout.

 

 

 

 

God, I’m falling in love.

I’m falling in love with someone.

He plays music so well.

Please grant my one single wish.

 

“What your wish would be?” Yixing asked with his soft voice to the tree in front of him.

 

There’s a long silent before the words. ‘I’m a tree that can’t bloom, I only have leaves, because I don’t have the strength to bloom some flowers.’ it started. ‘But one day I heard a soft sound of music, and it makes me find my strength again. It’s a beautiful music, so beautiful.

 

“Where did you heard that from?” Baekhyun asked.

 

There’s no need for the tree to answer that because in a second he hear a soft voice of piano from a window not so far from them. He stared at the window, trying to find a silhouette of human in that room. Then he find a guy, his fingers are dancing upon the whites and blacks of the piano, creating a beautiful harmony.

 

I want to know him. I want to be next to him. I want to talk to him.’

 

Baekhyun smiled genuinely. “First love is a sparkly thing, huh?”

 

“Then what is your wish, precisely?” Yixing asked, though inside he knew where this thing will lead to.

 

And as expected, the tree let out a whisper. A soft whisper, yet contains so much emotions and hopes.

 

Please let me be a human.’

 

Both Yixing and Baekhyun automatically look at each other. As if they’re talking through their eyes just so the tree won’t hear it. It took a long of eye conversation before finally Yixing lifted up his right arm, his palm directed to the sky. A stir of wind and sparkly dust starts to whirling on his hand, until finally it formed a beautiful tiny bottle with shining liquid in it.

 

“It’s the Tears Of Spring.” Yixing said before the tree could ask about it.

 

Baekhyun added, “If you drink – if we pour it on you, the strength of the spring will help you transform into someone – something you want. In your case, a human. You have ten days before the next magic appear.”

 

The next magic?’ the tree asked, confused.

 

“Yes, ten days later, at the moment of fading moon and rising sun, you can have a magic. You could use the magic to keep your form as human, or, well, something else.” Yixing explained with his soft voice, almost like a sing-a-song.

 

“Is it enough for you?” because it should be, Baekhyun murmured inside.

 

Yes, as long as I can be next to him, even just for ten days, it’s alright’.

 

“But you need to exchange this Tears Of Spring with something precious from you.” Yixing said again.

 

“In ten days, give us one of the best flower from your branches.”

 

But I don’t have any –

 

“Well, I guess that’s all. Here’s the contract.” Yixing said as a sheet of old light brown paper appeared, floating next to him, with gold ink delicately scratched each line on it.

 

“If you have any problems and complains, you could always come to our place,” Baekhyun pointed at the sky, “just close your eyes and imagine us as you hold this bottle, and you’re already there.” he added, “contract accepted”. With that, Yixing and Baekhyun bowed down, and then disappear.

 

As soon as they left, they watched again from the sky, behind the clouds, when a whirl of wind created near the tree, forming into a beautiful girl with long brown hair and pale white skin. Beautiful, like how a flower should look like.

 

___

 

There were just leaves and leaves.

But as soon as the music started, the buds starts to appear.

Please, please give me more strength to bloom.

I want these buds to bloom and shine.

 

The hospital corridor is never going to be a beautiful place indeed. Maybe it’s clean, bright, luxurious, or even completed with comfortable couches, but there will always be sorrow and tears of loss and deaths. Maybe there’s recovery and second life, but still, everyone has that tears of panic at the first time they stepped into the building.

 

Kim Jongin never liked hospital. He hated it. Though the hospital belongs to his filthy rich dad’s foundation, Jongin couldn’t help but keep trying to find any acceptable reason to leave this place. He wouldn’t have stepped into this building, if only his doctor brother, Jongdae, didn’t found out that he fell from the stage and injured his head. “It’s just a freaking tiny bruise!!” Jongin protested when his brother insisted that he really need to stay at the hospital. “I don’t need any medical treatment. Only balm.”

 

“Doctor knows better” is the best weapon Jongdae could use on his rebellious and sarcastic brother. Without telling him why, Jongdae insisted that Jongin has to stay at the hospital for a couple weeks, and made him took those medical tests that Jongin don’t even know what for.

 

He swear he could’ve punched Jongdae. That guy is much shorter than him, and surely don’t have that strong physic as he does. Punching his brother on the face would be a nice award for his life. But he saved the idea and burry it deeply when he realize that maybe after he punched Jongdae, that soft yet creepy guy will come to him at night and injected him with a lethal drug. Who knows what that tiny man got in his head?

 

Then he winced when he found a girl is standing in front of his room, holding a bucket of flower in her hand. Well, it’s precisely a few stalk of flowers that aren’t blooming yet. Weird.

 

He could’ve scolded the girl if only he didn’t met her eyes. Somehow her stare made every cell in his body freeze, awing at her beautifulness, her long brown hair, and fair pale white skin, with skinny figures that looks fragile  but also steady.

 

“Who are you?” Jongin blurted. He didn’t mean to be rude, but his voice is always like that. “Do you have any matters with me?”

 

In a second, the girl walked towards him with a beaming shy smile and gestured the flower buds to him. “These are for you!” her voice is surprisingly soft, ringing like a bell in Jongin’s head.

 

Jongin didn’t really know what to answer. “I don’t need it.” he bluntly said as he passed her to the door, “I don’t want anything from someone I don’t even know.”

 

As the door closed behind him, he could hear the girl ran away.

 

____

 

“Hey, something arrived at the front door.” Sehun the wind angel murmured when he heard a soft ring of bell. They’re gathering together at their place, around a huge table, doing their own things, such as reading and talking about everything they could talk about.

 

“I’ll go check on it.” Baekhyun stood up and opened the door excitedly. The next second he screamed in shock when he found a girl is sitting on the floor with his head bowed so low. “WHO ARE YOU???” he shouted.

 

The girl looked up. A glare is in her eyes. “I HATE HIM!!”

 

 

 

 

“He realy did that??” Minseok, the angel of snow, can’t hide his excitement after the girl told them everything. Like, everything. From how she picked her own buds and how the rude guy slammed the door in front of her.

 

“There must be a mistake!!” the girl said as she stomped her foot at the floor. “How can a beautiful music came from such a jerk like him?!?!”

 

“No way, we never made mistakes, we’re angels.” Baekhyun stated, only to earn a giggle from the tall fire angel.

 

“I don’t want to meet him anymore!” she stated back. “I think asking for the Tears Of Spring is a mistake! A mistake!!”

 

The angels fell into silence. They barely had this kind of situation, where the asker gave up on their own. They don’t really know what to do, but maybe they’ll just simply figure it out.

 

“His name is Kim Jongin.” Yixing, out of nowhere, suddenly appeared next to the girl with a thick book on his hand. “Pianist, dancer, model, actor, known as Kai. Has created so many famous songs, especially for a singer called Suho,or Kim Joonmyun, his best friend. He also had a manager, who apparently his best friend too, Do Kyungsoo. After a long debate with his brother, Kim Jongdae, the doctor who deals with his problems, finally the hospital let him bring his piano along with him.” he explained that like telling a bedtime story. “He’s the one you’re looking for.”

 

The girl didn’t say anything. She rested her back at the couch as she sighed. There’s a lots of worries on her face.

 

Yixing smiled softly. “Hey, want me to prove it?” he said as he offered his right hand to the girl. Finally the girl took it and Yixing led her to a pond at the garden-like space at the back of their place.

 

“What is this?” the girl pointed at the pond.

 

“Our eye for the earth.” Yixing said. “If we don’t go straight down there, we’ll check the situation from this pond.”

 

“Pond?” the girl asked again, “nevermind. What are you going to do with it?”

 

“We’re going to see Kim Jongin.” Yixing said. After that, suddenly the waters at the pond starts to moving, and in an instant, the view of Kim Jongin’s room appeared. The girl gasped in excitement. It’s him, totally him, gazing at the piano in front of him. And with a graceful gesture, he starts to play the whites and the blacks. The girl closed her eyes, as if she can feel the emotion from the song.

 

“A beautiful music, right?” Yixing said as he smiled.

 

The girl nodded. “Indeed.”

 

“If you don’t want to meet him anymore, then you shouldn’t have asked us to change you into a human.” Yixing said again, “is it alright if you can’t fulfill your own wish, to be next to him for ten days?”

 

The girl blinked. Yixing’s right. Her purpose at the very beginning is to be next to him and thank him for giving her such a beautiful music. She can’t just give up like that.

 

“You’re right! I’ll fulfill my own wish!” the girl said in confidence, “I’ll keep trying to thank him for making me alive as a human.”

 

As Yixing told him a few light things such as ‘use your time carefully’ and ‘you can always ask me for advices’, finally the girl bid a goodbye. Yixing sighed, and turned back after he closed the door, only to be shocked by Baekhyun. He stared at Yixing, and then Sehun, who’s reading a book as what he has been doing this morning. Baekhyun gives the younger angel a worried stare.

 

“Did you noticed how he didn’t changed the page at the book he’s reading since the girl talked about Tears Of Spring?” Baekhyun said it in a whisper, a really low whisper. “Did you noticed that a few tiny wind whirls are dancing around him?”

 

Yixing smiled. A worry smile. “He misses him so much, that’s why.”

 

Baekhyun sighed. Yeah, maybe Yixing’s right, maybe the wind angel misses that unique mortal so much.

 

___

 

Jongin can’t even believe his eyes when he saw the girl again, the very same girl as yesterday. She knocked the door like hundred times before Jongin told her with a shout that she only need to push it. And she’s holding the flower buds stalks again. Jongin’s eyes are widened as the girl approached him at the piano.

 

“I – I like your music!” she said as she offered the flower buds. “Thank you for giving me a chance to find my strength again!”

 

Before Jongin could say anything, the girl has already gone, running through the door and shut it in hurry. Jongin stares at the flower buds. Only buds, it hasn’t bloomed yet. What’s the meaning of giving someone a flower that hasn’t bloomed yet? Is it a sign for –

 

“I’ll come again tomorrow!!”

 

Jongin could’ve fall from his chair if he didn’t that quick to hold his weight. He shot a stare at the door, but he could only see her back, before she close the door again.

 

Jongin shook his head in disbelief. “What the heck was that??”

 

 

 

 

She’s back inside his tree form again. That’s what she does whenever she doesn’t need to walk around. She’ll just be  there and wait for the sun to rise, for the perfect time for her to come to Jongin again. She’s too excited to wait.

 

If only she’s not excited enough, she could’ve heard a sob not so far from her.

 

___

 

She winced when she heard a deep voice from Jongin’s room. She tried to catch up some words, but she can’t really tell what they’re talking about. Only the voice is clear. There’s two persons talking to Jongin. One with a seriously deep voice, and one with a chirpier voice.

 

Then the conversation sounds more clearer. “That’s enough. We’ll go now. Take care, Jongin. I’ll be back at night okay?” a soft yet chirpy voice said.

 

Then a deep voice added. “I know you’re disappointed, but this time is – “

 

“I get it.” Jongin’s voice can be heard. “Just leave.”

 

She immediately slides aside when they opened the door. Two guys – one is cutely short and one is obnoxiously tall and handsome – walk away from the room. The shorter guy snapped furiously at the taller one about something, and the tall one just nodding and nodding. They didn’t noticed her at all. She immediately opened the door and walk in.

 

There he is, Kim Jongin, staring at his piano.

 

She didn’t even moved when Jongin finally turned his gaze to her. She didn’t even nodded when Jongin said ‘hey, you come again’. She’s too busy thinking why he looks so sad and pissed off, who were the previous guys, what were they talking about, what –

 

“Those were Do Kyungsoo, my manager, and Wu Yifan, Suho’s manager.” Jongin said out of nowhere, as if he could read her mind. “You know Suho, right? Or Kim Joonmyun? But maybe he’s more famous for Suho.”

 

She didn’t even know who the hell that guy is before finally she remembered what Yixing told her. Suho, the singer guy.

 

“Y-yeah, I know him.”

 

Jongin lets out a gentle yet sad smile. “Then you must know about his upcoming solo concert right?” he said as he turn his gaze to the poster at the wall in front of him. “I’m going to be the solo pianist at the concert. Uhm, well, I was.”

 

She blinked. “What happened?”

 

“Because I can’t play,” Jongin’s smile turned into a sarcastic one, “someone will take over my place.”

 

With a quick movement, suddenly she found Jongin is ripping off the poster furiously. He threw it aside as if it’s a sin. He’s trying to breath normally, suppressing his anger. “Just because I’m sick, they replaced me easily with someone else!!”

 

“No, it’s surely not like that!” she found herself trying to calm him down.

 

Jongin glanced at her, then at the buds stalks in her hand. “Those are from that tree outside, huh?”

 

Thump..

 

Jongin gazed at the tree. “There are only buds. The flower has never been blooming.” he said, wandering at the view. “And maybe because the tree is sick, it’s going to be replaced with another tree. Just like me.”

 

“H-Huh?”

 

“Useless because of being sick,” he murmured in sorrow, “we got something in common.”

 

She gazed at Jongin. Somehow her heart is aching just by seeing Jongin’s painful stare and teary eyes. Somehow she could feel the anger and the pain he’s been dealing with. As if all Jongin’s grieves is hers too.

 

“If the tree bloomed its flowers,” she said without realizing it, “will you get better?”

 

Jongin stared at her.

 

She gazed at the tree outside. “Its not blooming right now, but it’s struggling with all its might to bloom the flowers. And someday its flowers will bloom entirely.” she said as she turned her gaze to him, “so, to make the flowers blooms, you need to keep on playing your music!”

 

Jongin watched as the girl in front of him gives him an awkward but sweet smile. He felt so warmed when the girl said that. It’s like all the pain in his chest goes nowhere. It’s like he could breath again.

 

“Well, I guess, bye!” she chirped as she turn around and walked slowly to the door.

 

“W-wait!” Jongin said, “what’s your name?”

 

She froze. She never really thought about name. But then she said it quickly, “Hwara, my name is Hwara. Just Hwara.”

 

“Hwara??” Jongin frowned. (hwa-ra : anger)

 

“No no no, it’s not ‘Hwa’ and ‘Ra’, it’s ‘Hwal’ and ‘Ah’, but I pronounced it as ‘Hwara’!” she snorted, “it’s from hwaljjakphineun!” (hwal-jjak-phi-neun : full bloom)

 

Jongin chuckled. “Okay, Hwara,” he said, “will you come again tomorrow?”

 

Before she pulled the door, she beamed a smile. “Yes!”

 

___

 

Tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and the next days..

For these precious ten days, I’ll live just for you..

 

 

It’s been a lovely five days for Hwara since the night when Jongin asked if she’ll come again or not. And it means that maybe, just maybe, Jongin is fine with her presence. And if she’s crazy enough, she could’ve said that Jongin is starting to need her and love her presence. But she’s too afraid to believe.

 

“Hana.”

 

Hwara winced. “What?”

 

“’Hana’ means ‘flowers’ in Japanese.” Jongin said as he stood up from his bed. “I just thought the name suits you better.”

 

“Well, just call me Hana then!” Hwara laughed.

 

“No,” Jongin stuck out his tongue, “Hwara is good too.”

 

Hwara laughed. Then she glanced at the CD next to her. “Hey, when you were outside for the medical tests, I listened to your live concert CD.” she said in excitement, “you’re amazing!”

 

“Really? Well thankyou then.” Jongin smiled widely.

 

“You’re not going to play today?” Hwara asked.

 

Jongin pretended to think hardly. “Hmm, well, I don’t know, I loved expensive payment, so I’ll think about it.” he said in an evil smirk.

 

But Hwara is just too innocent. “What?” she said in a thick disappointment.

 

Jongin laughed so hard before he took a few strands of Hwara’s long beautiful hair. “I’ll play in a few minutes, okay?”

 

Hwara can’t even control her own heartbeat. And she’s too busy to try, that she failed to notice something fatal.

 

 

 

“Isn’t it beautiful, Yixing?” Baekhyun said in awe as he stared at the pond, watching the scene of Jongin playing with Hwara’s hair, staring at the girl with love. But Hwara is too innocent to know it.

 

Baekhyun turned around when he realize that Yixing didn’t answered him. “Yixing?”

 

Yixing stared at the pond as well. But then he snapped his fingers and a thick book appeared right next to him. He grabbed the book and immediately flipped through the pages, until he stopped at stared at the page. Baekhyun winced. Yixing’s face is telling him that something is wrong.

 

Something has been wrong since the very first time.

 

___

 

At first, I was only so into his music..

But now I found that he himself has became the reason

For me to keep living as human and be right next to him..

 

 

 

Hwara can’t even move a bit. She’s just staring at Yixing.

 

“He’s suffering under brain cancer,” Yixing calmly said, “which means, sooner or later he can’t play music anymore, and practically, he’s dying.”

 

Hwara shook his head in slow motion. “I.. I don’t understand.”

 

“Haven’t you noticed already?” Yixing said as he recalled the view at the pond, “I’ve been watching you and him. He tripped on nothing, easily dropped things and bumped into walls without even realizing it, forgetting things – three days ago he forgot that the buds stalks are from you, right? – , and two days ago,” he said, “his hand suddenly fell down when he played with your hair strands.”

 

“I-I thought he was just clumsy.” Hwara choked. How could Yixing said something painful with such a poker face like that?

 

Baekhyun sighed. His eyes are teary too. He’s weak about these kind of things. “I’m so sorry, Hwara, we don’t know if – “

 

“Even if you keep your form as a human, you won’t have much time to be with him, because he’ll die sooner or later.” Yixing continued his explanation, “I’m just saying.”

 

Everything seems so insane in Hwara’s eyes now.

 

 

 

“Hwara?” Jongin murmured when he found the girl is standing in front of his room, “what are you doing at this hour? It’s three o’clock in the morning!”

 

Hwara is stoning. “Can you come with me? To the park.” she said.

 

Jongin could’ve said no because he’s freaking sleepy, but after all he found himself standing with her in the middle of the park, right next to the enormous tree with only buds.

 

“This flower has never bloomed any flower before,” she murmured as she gazed to the tree, and turned to him, “but when it listened to your music, the buds starts to showing.”

 

Jongin gazed at the tree, wincing.

 

“Because I felt so alive after I listened to your music, I became so eager to know you,” she said, “and because I wanted to talk to you, I became a human.”

 

“What?” Jongin frowned. He’s telling himself that the girl is a bit insane tonight, but he found himself is listening to her as well.

 

“I want to bloom for you.” she said as the wind blows, making her hair dancing at her back. “I love you, Kim Jongin.”

 

Yep, I said that, Hwara murmured inside. She’s ready to hear something like ‘what the hell??’ or ‘you’re insane’, or even ‘don’t meet me again!’. But the next thing she heard is way too different from those.

 

Jongin walked towards her. “Hwara, I don’t know if you’re human or tree or whatsoever, I don’t give a care to it,” he said as there’s only tiny space left between them, “but I love you too.”

 

Under the very same moonlight that shines to her in her form as tree, Jongin’s soft addicting lips kissed hers in a very gentle way, in her form as human.

 

 

 

Jongin has been sleeping with his head rested on Hwara’s lap for a couple hours. And she didn’t get tired at all. Instead, she would like to give anything so they can stay like this, with Jongin resting on her lap, being there with her.

 

She gazed at the moon up above the sky. Sooner the sky will be more brighter and brighter. She closed her eyes gently, then she winced. She felt a kind of liquid streaming down her face. She opened her eyes and wiped the liquid, and carefully tasted it. Salty.

 

She remembered when they said those streaming salty liquid from your eyes are called as tears.

 

She look up when she realize that Yixing and Baekhyun are already standing in front of her and Jongin. She winced at first, but then she realized that it’s the tenth day.

 

Ten days later, at the moment of fading moon and rising sun, you can have a magic.

 

A magic for her to live as a human, to be with him until the very end of his life. But as she thought about it more, she realized that after Jongin was gone, then she'd have nothing. Nothing to make her want to live her days. Nothing to keep her alive. Nothing to come back to. Nothing.

 

Just right after that, she find a final idea for her. She gathered all her strength just to say a couple words.

 

She said in a hoarse voice desperately. “Please, give my life to him.”

 

Baekhyun’s jaws almost dropped and his eyeballs were almost jumping out its hole as he heard that, while Yixing is just staring at her with a stare of ‘why I’m not surprised?’. “Why is that so?” Yixing asked.

 

“Because, if Jongin was never existed,” she said, “then I would’ve not wished to be a human.”

 

“Are you sure?” Yixing asked in his usual calming voice. Baekhyun is just too shocked to ask anything to her.

 

She nodded. “The music that he played, I really love it.” she said as she smiled and closed her eyes gently, “I love him.”

 

Baekhyun shook his head. “B-but, but – “

 

“Magic granted.” Yixing said.

 

There’s a bright and blinding scene before everything turned to normal again. Then suddenly the buds at the tree are blooming, turning into hundreds or even thousands of beautiful white flowers, hanging perfectly at each branches. A few flowers fell down to the ground, and Yixing caught one.

 

Yixing smelled the flower. Contract cleared.

 

 

 

 

Jongin opened his eyes. It’s already morning after all. He slowly stood up when he realized that he’s sleeping on grass. He glanced at the view around him.

 

Flowers? he murmured as he gazed up, surprised to see flowers instead of buds. So finally the buds bloomed? he picked one of the flowers that already fell down, beautiful.

 

At the next second, as if reality snapped him back, he looked around in panic.

 

“Hwara?” he murmured, and suddenly he felt an unpleasing sensation in his stomach. “Hwara?? Where are you??”

 

___

 

I love him..

With all the strength that given to me..

I love him..

 

 

 

“It’s a miracle!” Jongdae makes it sounds like a medical statement. “Three days ago you’re screwed but now the cancer is like a tamed wild dog. You only need a couple of medical tests and check ups. And I’m wondering what is exactly happening. Well, there’s some patients that got their own miracles too.”

 

Jongin didn’t even commented. He gazed slowly at the tree outside his window. The beautiful tree with white flowers. “Yes, it’s a miracle.” he murmured, “because the flowers are blooming too.”

 

Jongdae winced, “I don’t even know what are you talking about.”

 

 

 

 

“Seriously, Baekhyun, it’s been three days, stop crying everytime you see him!” Chanyeol glares at the other angel who’s mourning over the pond.

 

Baekhyun sobbed. “It’s too cruel. You’re too cruel, Yixing!!”

 

“Contract has its words.” Yixing said calmly.

 

“Just stop, Baekhyun!” Chanyeol snapped, “you didn’t cried like this over Sehun and Lu – “

 

“Just let me cry!!” Baekhyun pushed the taller one away. “And I was crying too!!”

 

Chanyeol shook his head and looked at Yixing with a questioning stare. “So what was exactly happened at the girl?”

 

Yixing sighed. “She gave up her life to the boy.”

 

“Wow, really? That’s amazing.” Chanyeol glanced at the younger boy not so far from him, “why I’m feeling like déjà vu?”

 

Sehun glared at Chanyeol and walked away.

 

“Good Chanyeol, such a joy breaker.” Yixing murmured. “Why don’t you accompany your best friend right there? Who knows in a few minutes he jumped to the pond.”

 

Chanyeol laughed so hard. “Oh, Yixing, sometimes you’re funnier than me!”

 

Minseok, who has been standing next to Yixing, laughed as he saw Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol away. Then he stared at Yixing. “So, the girl has gone,” he said, “then where did she go?”

 

“She came back to her tree form.” Yixing answered, “she’ll be there as long as no one cuts her.”

 

“Ooh, I thought she’ll join us,” Minseok laughed, “just like how Sehun became one of us.”

 

“Sehun is a different case.” Yixing smiled casually.

 

“But seriously, I’m wondering how Lu – “

 

Yixing stared at Minseok. “Don’t say that name or Sehun will throw you away with a tiny whirl of wind.”

 

Minseok grinned. “I understand.” he said. “Well, I’m wondering if the guy is doing well right now. He didn’t know anything after all.”

 

“Who knows?” a smile formed on Yixing’s lips, “maybe he’ll figure it out someday.”

 

Minseok winced. “And how exactly he’ll do it?”

 

___

 

 

One year later..

 

It’s a warm day in the middle of spring. Flowers are rushing to bloom, in every kinds and every colors, challenged each other about which of them will be praised by the peoples who passes them. And the streams of winds are just laughing at them, finding it so funny how they’re arguing about their appearance when they all know that once autumn come they’ll be wiped away from their spot, all from every specific colors turns to one dark gloom brown, falling sadly to the ground.

 

Do Kyungsoo chuckled when he saw the picture at the tenth page of the magazine he’s reading. The title written ‘AN AFTERNOON WITH KAI. The guy in the picture is no other than his bestfriend, the actor, model, dancer and pianist than picked him as his very own manager like four years ago, Kim Jongin, or Kai himself. And the page is about questions and answers that generally asked to some famous stars. But one section of the question grabbed his interest.

 

Q : “There’s a song in your instrumental album titled ‘Hana’. According to the reviews, it’s beautifully sad and brings a lots of emotion when people listen to it. Will you tell us the story behind the song?”

 

A : “Well, Hana is a name of a girl. I met her in the mid of spring last year, when I was hospitalized. That time I brought my piano along and played it everyday. She said she liked my music, but I was so stupid that I scolded her not to come to my room again. But then she came back again, and I can’t help but keep waiting for her more and more. Just in a practical week I fell for her. But then a few days later when I wake up, she’s gone, and never came back to me. This song is about my feelings for her, that I’m longing for her, that I missed her so much, and my regrets that I never told her that I love her.”

 

Q : “Such a very deep meaning! We prayed that she’ll come back someday for you. How does she looks like?”

 

A : “She’s beautiful, like flower. And do you know, ‘hana’ means ‘flower’ in Japanese.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled at the words. Dammit, he stirred the fan café and now I have to tell those poor girls that their oppa is human too and he can fall in love.

 

But then he frowned. He gazed at the magazine, at Jongin’s smirking face.

 

Who is Hana? Kyungsoo murmured inside.

 

 

 

 

Jongin is standing in front of an enormous tree. The very same tree where he woke up a year ago and tried to find the girl he loved so much but he just couldn’t find her. He find it peaceful to just standing right here, next to the tree, imagining her presence.

 

“Why on earth didn’t you informed me about the Q&A ??” Kyungsoo snorted next to him. “Who is Hana? Who is she? How could I never met her??”

 

Jongin lifted up the flower he has been holding. He gazed at the flower. “Hana.”

 

“Hmm?” Kyungsoo mumbled.

 

“’Hana’ means ‘flowers’ in Japanese.” Jongin whispered. “I just thought the name suits you better.”

 

“Me??” Kyungsoo chuckled, then he realized that the guy in front of him is staring solely at the flower. “Well, it’s flower indeed. Why calling it in another language? It’s still the same.”

 

Jongin gazed on the sky, sighing as he closed his eyes. And wished with all his heart.

 

Please let me know what happened to her.

 

He smiled. And a stream of tears rolled down his cheeks without him realizing it.

 

Please let me travel back along the time and witness everything that happened to me and her.

 

As his heart lets out the wish, a soft warm wind of spring blows gently, brushing on his cheeks, suppressing the weird sensation inside his body, as if he’s going to fly.

 

When he woke up at the next morning, he barely remembered his dreams, and the only thing he remembered was a soft voice saying ‘contract accepted’ and in the dream he's holding a strangely beautiful sandglass in his hand. Sooner he also remembered a couple sentences says ‘tears of spring’ and 'golden watch'.

 

And just when he was going to pull the front door of his home, he remembered every single scenes of his dreams, and finally realized that it wasn’t a dream at all, because if it was a dream, how could the sandglass is standing there, in front of the door?

 

___________________________________________________

 

Yeaaah i knowww it suuuucckkss i knowwwww -_- sorreeeehh

 

Well i'm inspired by a comic titled Dream Kirakirado by Mizuto Aqua. The story is originally like this, a tree asked for a life of a human to meet the guy but she ended up giving her life to him. But, the story ended  happily, the girl came back, because the contract says that they asked for leaf, not flower, so they gave her a chance to be a human again. Well, let's just think that i'm an angst maniac so i made it sad ending hohoho ~ Besides there's no handsome angels at the comic, the one who made contract are a girl and a bunny. And the pianist don't have such a cutie manager. Soooo?? -_-

 

Anyway, i have a brand new frying pan to dodge away those fireballs ^^ *as if anyone asked -_-*

 

thankyou for reading :3

 

and for those who want to read the sequel of the story, you could read Destiny ^^