EXO Facts

EXO Facts

‎[NEWS] 130121 EXO, One of the KPOP Artists Featured in SPIN

From multilingual boy bands to Jersey girls and more, here's a look ahead at 2013

Here are five other K-pop acts that we're excited about:

Exo: Modeled in part after Super Junior, Exo is a 12-member, bilingual beast whose Chinese (Exo-M) and Korean (Exo-K) halves can tour simultaneously but separately, then combine for special occasions. (Exo's "concept" was discussed at length in last year's introductory K-pop feature, Seoul Trained.) But "Mama," their concussive, slightly gothic debut, provided more to love than just marketing smarts. As they confirmed in a video message on New Year's Eve, they're currently hard at work on a new album.

*Parts that are not related to EXO are omitted.

Original Article: SPIN
Article by: David Bevan @ SPIN

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‎[NEWS]

SNSD mentioned EXO-K on last night’s ‘Golden Fisher’, news title was “Hyoyeon, crush on EXO-K member? (He) is my energy” At first, Kyuhyun was asking that he heard that Hyoyeon is close with EXO-K’s members and then Hyoyeon said that she likes those that dances on stage and looks cool and will make her attracted instantly. But she didn’t say which member was it.

p/s - obviously, she talking about Kai :D :D 

WARNING TO HYOYEON ! PLEASE DON'T GET OUR KAI OPPA! PLEASE! I'm BEGGING YOU! hahaha! 

cr to Newsen, JANEJANE-hiatus

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO]

EXO-K’s mini album ‘MAMA’ ranked #1 on Tower Records Japan’s New Artists Charts. But they never debuted in Japan yet. via SONExoticsINA 

(I hope EXO will debut in Philippines and America, since they are good in singing tagalog and English.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‎[TRANS/OFFICIAL] 130125 Modern Music Field Issue #547 Page 014. - EXO-M Xiumin

734574_471232446270266_1951540588_n.jpg


Steadfast XIU

Balance is essential in a group; the balance of strengths; the balance of paces; tartness must be counterbalanced by graciousness; cheesiness must be matched by modesty. A successful group should possess the ability to advance or retreat at will.

During the first studio photoshoot, Xiumin-goon mildly responded with a smile when I carelessly addressed him as 'Minseok'. That was the first time I had gotten a glimpse of the stability that calms all chaos. He has an extremely important role to play on stage. However, it takes careful observation to notice him, as he is often not the one who will catch your eye at first glance.

He is not the charismatic, the derp, nor the beautiful; he is the one who makes all worries vanish into thin air, just with his presence on stage. He makes no mistakes; he is very smart; he takes your breath away with his charms; he bristles when he is mad; he is always in place no matter when the cameras focus on him. Even when there are no cameras during rehearsals, Xiumin's dance moves are still precise from his joints right to his fingertips. The Xiumin-goon at this moment is truly impressive.

It suddenly dawns on me that, for balance, he had always taken the 'fall back' role, but in time to come, the talents that he is now keeping for the sake of not tipping the scale, will shine doubly its brilliance. That's according to the Rule of Balance; moreover, he is one who shines so brightly.

Credits: 精神洁癖随时炸毛的起伏飞 | Translation by: Kelly&Juveina

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‎[TRANS/OFFICIAL] 130125 Modern Music Field Issue #547 Page 016. - EXO-M Chen

321016_471234856270025_993619812_n.jpg


'Mēn Sāo' [1] CHEN

CHEN is a chatterbox, this every Earthling knows. My eyes nearly popped from their sockets when I saw a laughing and blabbering CHEN prodding his Ge-ges' toes with his during rehearsal. For a Type B Virgo, who never runs out of tricks up his sleeves, it is not at all surprising to see the chatterbox secretly doing his mischief under the cover of chirpy chatter.

Other than his gift of voice, CHEN's not-considerably-big eyes that are accentuated by deeply creased eyelids score him in the looks department as well. A youth is all but a youth. Here he is, ripping screams from fangirls with a raise of hand and a soaring high note; there he was, messing with everyone's feels by pursing his lips and pouting cutely at a rubber ducky. He is young and b with his vocal talent. He melts hearts and sends fangirls reeling with his aegyo. The night in Zhenjiang, the corny fingers-on-cheeks aegyo, was merely a drop in the bucket in his league of off-camera aegyos.

On the one hand, CHEN the derp is standing with his hands on his hips, rattling cheeky remarks at his Ge-ges or pointing at his Di-di, giving away his secrets, but on the other hand, he is the scholar in a plaid shirt banishing the talkative derp into nothingness with his perfect side profile and gorgeous eyelashes. This 'mēn sāo' [1] young man, CHEN, is deep and perplexing. However, this is the very essence that makes the 'mēn sāo' [1] personality appealing. What is available in plain sight is not considered hidden, isn't it so?

(T/N 1: '闷骚' (mēn sāo), literally: '闷' (mēn) - stifle, '骚' (sāo) – unrest, is an increasingly popular buzzword among Chinese youngsters. It describes a type of personality that abstains; refrains; suppresses one's true character; emotions; nature; passions due to constraints by codes of conduct; expectations; ways of society; past events, revealing themselves only under specific circumstances; events and often unexpectedly. People of such personality are reserved but not introvert, confident, intelligent and well-learned. They may have boring; cold; dull; quiet demeanours but deep down within, they are really fun; passionate; warm; y and can't wait to burst and surprise at any suitable opportunity. I chose to keep this word in Chinese because I am unable to find an English counterpart that will do this unique adjective justice. ^_^;)

Credits: 精神洁癖随时炸毛的起伏飞 | Translation by: Kelly&Juveina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INFO] 31st Jan 2013, EXO-K will attend KBS 22nd Seoul Music Awards (7:00pm KST) at Seoul Olympic Park Handball Arena [via:yixing0114] via: EXO_FANBASE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‎[INFO] EXO-K will be in the same waiting room as Btob, Tasty, Nu'est, Roh JiHoon and more as Idol Athletic Championship on 28th.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‎[INFO] : On IDOL OLYMPICS,EXO will compete in 70m run,hurdles,high jump,race walking,400m relay,400m medley relay,fencing,etc.


[cr. cLKaiiworld,ot12_biased via.EXOintl]