Yoona's POV

Thank you, Bada (Edited)

 

A/N: Gaaaaahhhh !! I hate it everytime I type a chapter and the page freezes while trying to adjust the size of a pasted picture !! and I haven't saved it yet, too!! GAAAAAAAHHHHH .. so I had to re-type this chapter using my very untrustworthy memory 

 

╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

 

but anyway .. here's the new chapter !! Gosh, I swear the unsaved version of this chapter was much better :<

 

14 subscribers after the first chapter, YEAH !! \m/ I LOVE YOU !! :*****

_____________

 

 

I opened my eyes and bit my lip as I heard a loud van pass by outside the house, disturbing my afternoon nap. 

 

A van? Why would a van pass by our quiet street?

 

I got up and groggily walked to the window and saw a married couple carrying their things placed in big boxes from the gate to the house next door.

 

Oh, so we have new neighbors?

 

I immediately remembered what my umma told me when I was young: Greet new neighbors, make them feel welcomed in our peaceful street. So I fixed myself, went down the stairs and opened the front door. The ahjumma smiled at me as I approached her, "Annyeonghaseyo, I am Im Yoona and I'm your neighbor."

 

"Nice to meet you, Yoona, I am Mrs. Lee." She smiled. "I've always wanted a daughter but God blessed me with a very moody boy. Thank you for greeting me, Yoona, you are very kind and very pretty."

 

I thanked her and she suddenly gave me a big hug. I was startled but I hugged her back, holding back my tears. It has been a while since I received a hug and I missed this feeling. She noticed I coughed so she released me and tilted her head to the side. "Are you okay, Yoona?"

 

"Nae." I nodded but lied, "I just have a slight cold today, mianhaeyo."

 

"No need to apologize, my dear," She held my shoulders. "I am a very strong old lady and some colds won't do me any harm."

 

We laughed and I watched Mrs. Lee look up to the second floor window. "Lee Donghae! I want you to meet our neighbor, she came to greet us."

 

"Waeyo?" Came Lee Donghae's uninterested reply. My eyes twitched and Mrs. Lee laughed, "Forgive my son, he has been cranky ever since he knew of our plan to move to Seoul."

 

"Aniyo, Mrs. Lee." I bowed. "It's okay."

 

"How old are you, Yoona?"

 

"I am 17 years old."

 

"My Donghae is 18." She grinned.

 

"Ahhh.." <------ That was the only thing I could say as I didn't know how to respond after noticing the glint in her eyes. Fortunately I heard a man talking from their front door. "Who do we have here, yobo?"

 

I turned my head and I saw the man approach us and draped an arm around Mrs. Lee's shoulders. He must be Mr. Lee. I bowed and introduced myself to him. He smiled, "Nice to meet you, Yoona. I am Mr. Lee."

 

I smiled and watched as the couple gazed lovingly into each other's eyes. They are a very cute couple and I felt my stomach churn from nostalgia. I missed how my umma and appa looked lovingly into each others' eyes, too. Mr. Lee noticed my sudden change of facial expression and reached out to me. "Are you not feeling well, Yoona? You look sick."

 

"She is sick yobo." Mrs. Lee told her husband. "She has a slight cold."

 

"Oh my." Mr. Lee glanced at their house and back to me. "Are your parents with you? We have extra medicine inside."

 

I shook my head. "Aniyo, my umma passed away last month and appa is away at work."

 

The couple looked at each other and apologized.

 

"Aniyo, it's okay." I forced a smile. "Thank you for the concern, Mr. and Mrs. Lee. I am so sorry for greeting you for just a short period of time but I have to go back in and take my medicine."

 

"We understand, Yoona." Mr. Lee smiled. "Thank you for greeting us, we really appreciate it."

 

"Do you want to have dinner with us tonight?" Mrs. Lee invited me. "I'm cooking Donghae's favorite Dakdoritang (Chicken with Potatoes)."

 

I thought about it. Why not?

 

"That will be great, Mrs. Lee!" I beamed. "Thanks for inviting me, I will tell dad once he come home."

 

"It's the least I could do for my new neighbor."

 

I bowed, thanked them again and went back in the house, closing the door behind me. I ran back to my room, jumped on my bed and that's when the tears started to fall. Mrs. Lee just invited me for dinner. Home cooked dinner. It has been a while since I've tasted a mother's cooking.

 

Umma... I missed you so much.

 

____________

tumblr_m4mh9lgv361rpuj5zo1_500.jpg?w=658

*sigh*

 

“How many times have I sighed today?” I asked no one in particular while still lying on her bed. It had been a while since I was done crying and I rolled over and picked up her cell phone from the bedside table. “I wonder what Hyoyeon unnie is doing?”

 

                       Yoong to Hyo:

                                Unnie!! Are you busy? Wanna go somewhere and hang out?

 

                       Hyo to Yoong:

                                Ahh.. annyong Yoona! Nae, unnie is kinda busy right now .. I am practicing a dance routine for the Street Jam contest and since I was the champion last year, I’d have to perform a routine during the Championship next week. I’d love to hang out with you but I can’t right now, mian.

 

                        Yoong to Hyo:

                                Ahh .. anieyo unnie, it’s okay. Fighting !! ^____^b

 

                        Hyo to Yoong:

                                Thanks Yoona! Let’s hang out next time :*

*sigh*

 

I lay on my back and threw my cell phone to the side of the bed. I closed my eyes and felt the tears coming back again. It's getting emptier and emptier here at home. No. I know what I need.

 

I need a walk and get some fresh air.

 

_______________

 

After closing and locking the front door, I walked to my gate and noticed Mrs. Lee planting flowers into flower pots. I went to her and she smiled at me. "Oh, hello, Yoona. Feeling better?"

 

"Kind of, I came out for a walk and some fresh air." I bowed and admired the number of flowers she had already planted. "They're all pretty, Mrs. Lee."

 

"Thank you, dear."

 

hmmm .. "Do you want me to help you with the rest, Mrs. Lee?" I asked.

 

"No need, Yoona. I can manage these, this is my hobby after all." She shook her head and smiled at me. "Thank you."

 

"Ah, nae." I bowed again. "Then, I will just go to the park to loosen up a bit, Mrs. Lee. I will be back before sundown."

 

"Okay, Yoona." she looked up at me. "Take care."

 

"I will, Mrs. Lee." I bowed and turned around then walked away. I looked around and admired the row of houses as I passed by the streets going to the nearby park. I have always loved our part of the city, we are away from the noise and the busy-ness of it all. 

4.jpgIt has always been this peaceful and my umma and I loved to walk down these streets together. The park became our stress reliever and it still is until now, only that I am going there alone. Minutes later I arrived at the park.

 

I sat on a bench and closed my eyes. I loved the feeling of serenity I get whenever a breeze comes by. I instantly felt relaxed and it felt like my worries were gone. I love this feeling, even though I know that it's temporary. It is indeed temporary, as I heard a dog barking. I opened my eyes and saw a cute little white puppy running dowards me. It stopped just beside my feet and I grinned at the very sight of him. He sat and wagged his tail ever so cutely that I picked him up with my two hands and held him near my face.

 

"Aigoo, you are one cute little thing!" I cooed and made cutesy noises that I use when I talk to cute little babies. It barked in response and I hugged him. "Oh, you are just too cute!"

 

Bark! Bark!

 

I held him in front of my face again and grinned. "Can I keep you?"

 

Bark! Bark!

 

That's when I noticed his leash. "Oh, you already have one? Where is she? Did you run away from her?"

 

The little puppy barked in response and I just hugged him. Well, while he's still here I could only steal hugs from him. After a short while, I heard fast footsteps and heaving breathing. I looked up and met eyes with a very flustered guy. He bent his knees and rested his two hands on them, panting. "Huff...huff."

 

"Excuse me?" I tilted my head, trying to get a good look on his face. He could be a .. or even a thief! Gasp! Oh no, is he here to steal away the little puppy??? OMO

 

The guy stood up straight and pointed to the puppy. "Puppy...huff.. huff----"

 

"NO!" I stood up and held the puppy out of his reach. "I WON'T LET YOU STEAL THE LITTLE PUPPY!!"

 

---

 

haha ;)