Donghae's POV

Thank you, Bada (Edited)

 

 

 

It’s been exactly four hours, twenty nine minutes and fifty six seconds since we moved to Seoul from Mokpo. The road trip was depressing. I shouldn’t have looked back while we drove away from our hometown. The drive was painfully slow and I saw how Mokpo slowly faded away from my line of sight.

 

(In the car a while ago)

“Sit properly and wear your seatbelt, Hae.” My dad said while he glanced at me from the rearview mirror.

 

“Gwaenchana, Hae,” This time my mom spoke from the front seat of the car and he craned her neck towards me with a huge smile on her face. “You will grow to like Seoul someday. You will get to meet new classmates, new friends and new playmates…or even a girlfriend.”

 

“Umma.” I groaned and sunk on my seat. She laughed and played an Im Jae Bum CD using the car’ stereo. She knew how I hated the moving-to-Seoul idea but since we’re moving because of dad’s job promotion, I knew I can’t do anything about it. I hate moving! I hate Seoul already!

---

By this time you might wonder why I really hate moving to Seoul. The reason’s pretty simple: leaving a lot of things and people behind. You see, I grew up in Mokpo and I am attached to our small house, the quiet lake behind it and the small hideout my best buddy Eunhyuk and I made. Eunhyuk. Oh man, I will surely miss that crazy monkey. He is my best friend and we grew up to together. We basically became the best buddies because our parents were pretty close and we instantly clicked after our first meeting.  I will really miss him and those days we goofed around and played pranks on each other. Oh! There was one time I splashed him a bucket of water when he was sleeping under the large oak tree by the lake. He cried! HAHA! That was totally unforgettable. We were eight years old back then and now we’re both eighteen...but he’s still a crybaby.

 

Oh man, I miss him now.

 

Bark! Bark!

 

I looked down on my bedroom floor and met eyes with my cute little puppy, Bada. He wagged his cute little tail and looked at me with his adorable puppy eyes as if telling me: Gwaenchana, hyung. Cheer up! AJA !

tumblr_m51kwhsToQ1r6ri65.jpg

Wait. What am I, living in the 16th century???

 

I have a cellphone! Pabo, Donghae.

 

I lay on my bed and took out my cell phone from my pocket. I heard Bada went out of my room and I suppose he went to the kitchen.

 

              Fish to Monkey:

                            Ya, monkey!

 

              Monkey to Fish:

                            YA!!! How is Seoul? Are there any good-looking girls? Are you having fun? don’t tell me you found a new best friend already TT_____TT

 

              Fish to Monkey:

                            What fun? It’s so boring here!! If we didn’t move I’d be playing around with you. Girls? The only girl I saw was a six year old next door, wanna meet her? :P

                  I don’t plan on going out. SHUT UP MONKEY! Don’t get so sentimental over something that isn’t true. I don’t have a new buddy. You know I won’t replace you ;P

 

              Monkey to Fish:

                             Oh man, that :P I thought Seoul was a fun place? YA! Go out and make new friends. Introduce me to a girl okay? ;) oh, and tell Bada not to get too close to you. I’m getting jealous already :P

 

               Fish to Monkey:

                              We already are close, Hyuk. Closer than you and me. HAHAHA!!

                              On second thought, I’ll go out and take him out for a walk.

             

                Monkey to Fish:

                              *pouts* arasso, Hae. Tell Bada that Choco said 'hi'.

 

                Fish to Monkey:

                               :P HAHA, Okay, I will. Text you later, Hyuk.

 

***

“Bada!” I held the leash with my left hand and called my puppy after I wore my shoes. Upon hearing his name, he instantly ran to where I was (he really was in the kitchen). Bada sat down in front of me, wagged his tail and barked as if saying: Where are we going, Hyung?

 

“Let’s go out for a walk. Would you like that?”

 

He barked and jumped. Oh god, Bada you are just sooooooooooooo adorable !!!

 

"Oh, Bada? Eunhyuk said that Choco said hi." I put the leash around his neck as he barked and wagged his tail even more. I could still remember the night in November when our "hyung" came back in Mokpo from Canada. He brought us a puppy each and I instantly chose the white one and I named him Bada while Eunhyuk chose the brown one and called him Choco. Just like us, our dogs are the best of friends. 

nukz6p:iphoneThis is Choco, my buddy Eunhyuk's puppy. Choco is very hyper like Bada but I think my Bada is much cuter. HAHA !!

 

I went out of the house through the front door and saw that mom was in the frontyard planting some flowers into pots. “Where are you going, Hae?”

 

“Just…around.”

 

“Arasso.” She smiled. “Don’t go too far, okay?”

 

I nodded and walked past the gate. When I closed it, mom called out: “Our neighbors are very friendly, Hae. There is a pretty girl, too.”

 

From her tone of voice I could tell she was smiling. Aigoo, umma. “I’m going now umma.”

 

“She’s really pretty, Hae!”

 

“Arasso, umma.” I replied and turned to the corner.

 

Okay, now where do I go? I looked around and took mental notes of the neighborhood. It was pretty decent but I didn't see any busy people which is weird since Seoul is a very busy city, so I heard. It was then that I realized that we're now living in a quiet part of Seoul. 

 

Bark! Bark!

 

I was busy looking around that I didn't notcie my grip on the leash loosened; Bada ran away from me. I kicked the air and ran after my small but very fast puppy. Where is he going???

 

"BADA, WHERE ARE YOU GOING?? COME BACK HERE!!"

 

 

---

 

;)

tumblr_m51k1yoKTo1r6ri65.gif