AUTHOR's POV (edited)

Thank you, Bada (Edited)

A/N: sorry for the late update, guys but thank you for waiting <3

I was actually waiting for my poster request and I obviously have it now !  YAY ! :D

but I got it a few days ago and I should've updated then but I had a National Competency 2 Exam for three days which was why I only updated now..

guess what?

 

I PASSED !! <3

kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <3

 

and that also means that I will be graduating this school year, too <3

 

okay .. now I have to end my happiness ..

 

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH !!

I LOST THE PAPER WHERE I WROTE THE FINAL CHAPTER WHICH I WROTE A MONTH AGO !!

T------------T

so here I am, giving you a not so good final chapter :'(

but .. I hope you all like it :)

 

*edited some parts*

 

~~~~~~~

 

(AUTHOR'S POV)

 

Yoona, still holding Bada away from Donghae, gave him a death glare. "You! Stay away from me!"

 

Donghae who was still flustered from running, stood up straight, puzzled by what the girl in front of him said. "Excuse me?"

 

"YAH!" Yoona screamed when Donghae took a step closer to her. "I CLEARLY TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM ME!"

 

And what did she do next?

 

She ran.

 

Yoona ran away from Donghae and he ran after her, still not understanding why she did that. 

 

"YAH!!" Yoona ran, occassionally looking back at Donghae to check their distances and her eyes widened when she saw Donghae closing up the gap.

 

"Why are we running?" Donghae shouted at her when Yoona increased speed. Seriously, I just want to get my puppy.

 

"Because I won't let you steal-----" Yoona suddenly stopped running which caught Donghae off guard and he fell on the ground. "Huh?"

 

"Ow!" Donghae yelled in pain, touching his bottoms and then looking up at Yoona in disbelief. "Ya!"

 

Bark! Bark!

 

Bada came down from Yoona's arms and Donghae's arms. Yoona's eyes averted from the puppy to the boy with eyes wide open. "OMO! Don't tell me .. you're the owner of that puppy??"

 

Donghae stood up, patting the dirt away from his jeans and unhooked Bada's long leash, letting the puppy run around. He looked at Yoona (who was still shocked) and laughed. "Yes, I am."

 

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" Yoona bowed, apologizing.

 

"It's okay." Donghae chuckled. "But why did you run away from me?"

 

"I..uhhh..." Yoona bit her lower lip and played with her fingers.

 

"You?"

 

"I thought you were gonna steal the cute puppy." she confessed.

 

It took Donghae a few more seconds to make her words sink in. "You.. you thought I was a ... a thief?"

 

Yoona nodded and Donghae held his stomach from laughing so hard. 

 

"Yah! Don't laugh at me." Yoona stomped her foot, pouting and embarrassed.

 

"Arasso, arasso." Donghae let out a deep breath and smiled at Yoona. "Mianhae."

 

"Hmmm, okay." Yoona smiled.

 

There was a moment of awkward silence between the two of them after smiling at each other but then came Bada to the rescue. He jumped in front of Donghae and barked at him.

 

"What is it boy?" he asked his puppy.

 

BARK! BARK!

 

Bada responded as if saying: Hyung, she's pretty!

 

Donghae chuckled and spotted a bench nearby. He looked at Yoona and smiled. "It's a nice afternoon. Do you want to have a seat and chat for a while?"

 

"Sure." Yoona agreed, smiling back. She was actually surprised that she agreed when she'd normally say no especially during days like this but she found herself walking after this stranger and his puppy.

 

******

 

"I don't think I've seen you around this neighborhood before," Yoona told Donghae after sitting down in the bench.

 

"Well, my family just moved here to Seoul from Mokpo." Donghae replied.

 

Oh? So are Mr. And Mrs. Lee next door. Yoona thought. "I'm Im Yoona, by the way, and since you're new here and if you need a guide, I'll be glad to volunteer since I grew up in this place."

 

"Thanks, Yoona." Donghae smiled, holding his hand out to her. "I'm Lee Donghae."

 

"Lee Donghae? Why is your name familiar?" Yoona wondered, shaking hands with her new friend. Donghae tilted his head curiously at her and explained. "Well, my family moved from Mokpo as I said earlier and I didn't like to move but since---"

 

"AHA!" Yoona stood up and pointed the startled Donghae, even Bada who was running around, stopped and looked at her. "Are you the movers at xxx street??"

 

How did she know? Donghae thought. "Yes, we live there now. How did you know, Yoona?"

 

Yoona sat back down and laughed like a retard. Donghae only got more confused and he could only stare at her, "Uhm, Yoona?"

 

"Haha, so that's why your name is familiar!" Yoona explained, wiping the happy tears away from her eyes. "I live next door."

 

"Jinjja?!" So we're neighbors? Cool! Donghae pointed at Yoona in shock as he remembered what his mother told him earlier.

 

“Our neighbors are very friendly, Hae. There is a pretty girl, too.”

 

Donghae chuckled. Yes, umma, she is indeed pretty.

 

After recovering from her laughing spree, Yoona nodded her head in response to Donghae's reaction. "Mrs. Lee told me that you didn't like the plan of moving."

 

"Not anymore." He mumbled.

 

"Did you say something?" 

 

"Nothing." Donghae grinned.

 

"oh...okay." Yoona shrugged. "But why didn't you like to move here?"

 

"It's a long story." Donghae answered and Bada ran to him. He picked up his puppy and placed him on his lap.

 

"We have the whole afternoon, Donghae." Yoona smiled. "I'm all ears, too."

 

"Well..." Donghae sighed. "I hated the whole moving thing because I'm really attached to Mokpo. I didn't want to leave everything and everyone there. Moving also meant leaving my best friend behind."

 

"You have a best friend?" Yoona asked.

 

"Yes." Donghae nodded, smiling. "His name is Eunhyuk and he really loves dancing. Well, both of us do, actually."

 

"Jinjja?" Yoona beamed. "I have a best friend, too! And she's very good in dancing. Hip hop is her forte and she's the champion of Street Jam last year."

 

  "Street Jam?" Donghae asked, smiling.

 

"yes." Yoona nodded, giving Bada a pat. "You know about it?"

 

"Eunhyuk is a contestant on this year's competition."

 

"Really??" Yoona beamed. "That's great! We can watch them together, then."

 

Donghae nodded his head in agreement and they held gazes for a couple of seconds until a little bark broke the spell. He sighed and looked down on the ground. "I really miss Eunhyuk. We'd be goofing around if we didn't have to move."

 

"Gwaenchanayo." Yoona smiled, looking up to the sky. "Even though the two of you are far away from each other now, that doesn't mean that you won't be there for each other. You can always communicate through texts, calls or emails and you could just go back to Mokpo once in a while."

 

Donghae looked at Yoona.

 

"The two of you have been friends for a long time and if you're worrying if he might find your replacement, then you're wrong." Yoona continued, "Best friends would always remain best friends so don't you worry about it. Everything will be fine so in the meantime, enjoy your new environment here with us. I could also introduce you to some of my guy friends, they dance, too."

 

"Thank you, Yoona. You are right, I should not worry about my friendship with Eunhyuk." Donghae smiled. "Sure, I'd love to meet new friends now."

 

They smiled at each other and enjoyed the peace in the park. They watched Bada run around until Donghae checked the time. "Oh, hey, Yoona. It's getting a bit late, won't your mom be worried for you?"

 

And with that, Yoona felt as if all her laughter today never happened. Her smile faded and was replaced with a frown. Donghae noticed her sudden change of mood and wondered if he said something wrong. "Yoona?"

 

She stood up and forced out a smile to him. "I have to go, Donghae. Apps might be back home by now."

 

Donghae sat shocked and watched as Yoona slowly walked away from him. Bada barked but Yoona didn't turn back at them. Donghae looked down and locked eyes with his puppy.

 

BARK! BARK!

 

Bada sat up and barked at his master again, as if saying: Go after her, hyung! Go!

 

Donghae immediately stood up and ran after Yoona, catching up to her. Yoona glanced at her side and noticed that Donghae was already walking beside her but she didn't say anything. They slowly walked their way back to their street in silence. Donghae wanted to ask her questions but he chose to wait until she decided to talk to him first.

 

"My mom died last year." Yoona finally spoke, startling Donghae.

 

"I...I'm sorry, Yoona." Donghae sincerely told her, naturally squeezing her arm gently in comfort.

 

Yoona chucked but then let out a sigh. "You didn't have to be sorry, Donghae. It wasn't your fault, so why apologize?"

 

"ahh.." Donghae awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, not knowing what to say next.

 

"but, thank you." Yoona smiled at him.

 

After a few more moments of silence, Yoona sighed. "My mom's death anniversary was last month but there are always days like this when I'd suddenly feel depressed. I miss her. I miss her so bad. I crave for her cooking and her presence... The house isn't the same without her."

 

Donghae looked at Yoona. It has been hard for you, Yoona... I can't imagine a household without a mother.

 

"Your mom hugged me when I came out to greet her after seeing your parents carrying boxes into your house. My mom taught me to always greet new neighbors and when your mom hugged me, I suddenly realized that I forgot how a mother's hug felt like. It was like I felt my mom hugging me at that time and I became nostalgic immediately. That's why I was at the park. The park was where my mom and I always hung out. It was our place."

 

Yoona wiped the tears running. Down her cheeks and laughed at herself. "I'm sorry for being so emotional, Donghae. We've just met and I've burdened you already with my story. Haha. God, why won't these tears stop??"

 

Donghae stopped walking and let his instincts take over him. He gently grabbed Yoona's wrist and pulled her to him in a hug. Donghae dropped Bada's leash and gave Yoona gentle pats on the back, "Don't keep your feelings, Yoona, let them out. That way you could let your feelings out. You'll only hurt yourself even more if you try to hold them back. Just let it all out."

 

Yoona felt herself break in his hug and cried even harder. It had been a while since someone told her to cry her eyes out and it had also been a while since someone hugged her for comfort. With all of her strength, Yoona did what Donghae told her to do. Donghae rubbed her back and whispered comforting words. "Your mom is proud of you, Yoona, wherever you may be. I may not have met her but by the way I see how you now, I know she's a very great mother. Never forget that she loves you."

 

*********

 

"ahhhhhh!" Yoona exclaimed, stretching her arms out.

 

"how are you feeling now, Yoona?" Donghae asked her.

 

"Better." She smiled. "Thank you, Donghae."

 

"You're welcome, Yoona." Donghae said, returning the smile.

 

"Your mom invited me and my dad for dinner tonight so .. I guess we'll see each other again tonight, Donghae." Yoona laughed.

 

"we'd still see each other everyday even without dinner invitations, Yoona. Our houses are not far from each other, you know." Donghae pointed out and they laughed. Bada ran ahead of them and the two teenagers walked together in comfortable silence back home. Donghae looked up at the sky and smiled. Moving wasn't a bad idea after all. He looked ahead and chuckled after seeing his puppy peeing in front of a tree. Thank you, Bada. If it wasn't for you running ahead of me, I wasn't able to meet Yoona and because of her I'm slowly loving this place.

 

(a week later)

 

Donghae and Yoona stood side by side in front of the Street Jam Competition stage, watching their best friends dance their hearts out. The crowd went wild during and after Hyoyeon's dance number and Yoona screamed like a true fan girl for her best friend. When it was time to announce the winner, all of the contestants were standing in a straight line on stage and waited for the results. The emcee went up on stage with Hyoyeon behind him, holding the champion's trophy. 

 

"Please let Eunhyuk win." Donghae chanted under his breath. "He was clearly the best of the bunch."

 

Yoona playfully nudged his shoulder and laughed. "Relax, Donghae. It's obvious that your buddy is the best dancer this year. Just try to relax okay? You look like a man anxiously waiting for his wife while she's giving birth."

 

Donghae laughed with Yoona and they both held their breaths when the emcee opened the envelope. "And this year's Street Jam Champion is...... LEE HYUK JAE FROM MOKPO !!"

 

"HE WON! HE WON! HE WON!" Donghae and Yoona held hands and jumped up and down in joy. Yoona let go after realizing that they had been holding hands but Donghae took her hand in his again, making her blush. They looked up on stage again and saw Hyoyeon giving Hyukjae the trophy and also giving him a more-than-3-seconds-hug hug before breaking the said hug and moving away. The two chodings looked at each other with mischievous smiles on their faces.

 

...

 

;)

So ... How was it? 

ㅋㅋㅋ

 

Hyohyuk fic next ! :)

 

❤❤❤❤❤❤