Chapter One: Kris - At First Glance

Make You Feel My Love (HIATUS)

 

Chapter One:

Kris - At First Glance 

 

 

It was another boring day at my job. Standing up for hours at a time dealing with snobby, rich people and love struck couples wasn't exactly my idea of a exciting job. I don't know how the hell I got into the retail business much less stuck in a high end store in Beijing. My feet were starting to get sore as I paced back and forth the floor asking customers if they were okay and needed help with anything but continuously got the response of, "We're just looking." It annoyed me to no end how people who don't have money walk into high class stores and spend at least an hour hovered over the brightly lit, glass cells. It makes everyone who works here job harder because we don't make profit until we sell. 

 

Having enough of this, I announced to my manager that I was taking my break early. I strolled through China World Mall, my intention to head towards the food court, but my feet took me to Sephora. I had run out of that MAC concealer that had worked wonders and I was so eager to buy another one but I didn't know how bad I wanted it until my subconscious self dragged me to the front door. I thought what the heck and walked in to be greeted by a door woman. I smiled and walked to the section where the MAC is. I was browsing over the different concealers on my way because I was debating whether or not I should try something new or stick with my regular. As I was deciding, I ran right into a girl and almost knocked her down. She looked up at me in shock and her eyes were just so beautiful I couldn't help but stare. She blushed and apologized before rushing off to the other side of the store with her two friends. I felt compelled to follow her, so I did just that albeit discreetly. 

 

The girl was dressed in a oversized, grey knit dress, black leggings, and grey uggs. Her hair was flowing loosely and cascaded down her back in a chocolate waterfall. She was just browsing the lipgloss section with one of her friends attached to her arm before she was abruptly pulled out of the store by them. I felt this strange tugging in my heart  when I saw her leave through the door so I  decided to get into creeper mode once more and follow her. She went to the food court and I took this chance to grab some food finally because all this chasing after her had made me hungry.

 

After grabbing some Cha Sui Bao and Chow Mein, I watched her and her friends get drinks from Starbucks and sit down at a table. The way she laughed was just adorable. She had this habit of slapping her knees and clapping her hands when she laughed and I chuckled at her weird behavior. I began eating but continued to watch her. After about maybe 10 minutes, my phone rang. I checked the caller ID and it was no other than my co-worker Zhou Mi.

 

"Hello?" I answered a bit annoyed he was interrupting my staring session.

 

"Hey, Kris. Did you go on your break already? I didn't see you when I came in for my shift."

 

This? This is what he called me for?

 

"Uh... yeah, I did. I got tired of standing there for hours. The stools they give us to sit on when we're relaxing aren't even comfortable." I sighed as I concluded my sentence and looked up, only to see the pretty girl getting up, preparing to leave. I didn't even hear anything Zhou Mi was saying as I debated whether or not to run after her and ask her for her phone number or anything.

 

"KRIS!" Zhou Mi's voice rang through the phone in a loud, harsh tone. It was just then that I realized I was still on the phone and jolted back into reality.

 

"Yes? Sorry Zhou Mi," I apologized.

 

"The manager wants you back now. There is an angry customer here who wants to see only the finest of our workers to help her," Zhou Mi announced hurriedly.

 

Ugh, another one? I hate people like that. They act like the person who's been working there the longest and made the most sells were the 'finest'. Zhou Mi is just as good as me except customers come to me more because they find me exceptionally handsome and want some type of attention. I honestly wish they would go to Zhou Mi so his paycheck can go up. He has a family at home to take care of and I only have to take care of myself. I told him that I would be there shortly and hung up.

 

I slowly got up and finished the remains of my lunch while walking to the garbage. I felt sad because the most exciting thing of my working days had just happened. I just laid eyes on thee most gorgeous girl ever and didn't have the chance to get to know her. Who knows when I will see her again. I sighed, heart heavy and trudged upstairs to my job. As I walked into the store, I spotted the woman who was causing all the fuss. All decked out in name brands, I could tell she was one of those bigot, rich women. God, I'm sick of this job. I no longer wanted to deal with people like this. I walked over to her and in little to no time she bought a crap load of jewelry, stating that it was for her daughters wedding. After that was done, I walked back over to my station and sat down on the much uncomfortable stool and closed my eyes.

 

 

It wasn't before long I heard a shrill voice say "gege" that woke me up from my nap. I looked up and saw a blonde girl. Not just any blonde girl but a friend of the beautiful girl from earlier. I wondered who she was talking to because I didn't know her but when I saw her run over to Zhou Mi and jump in his arms, I knew who she was there for. They shared a bunch of kisses before she ran into the back to say something to the manager. She came back out to drag Zhou Mi out the door but he pulled her over to me.

 

"Kris, this is my fiance Victoria. Victoria, this is Kris." Zhou Mi introduced us and I shook Victoria's hand. She must have recognized me because she stared at me for a moment and then turned to Zhou Mi.

 

"There was something I spotted here in this store and I want to find it. You go on sweetie, I'll be there in a sec." Victoria must have had Zhou Mi wrapped around her finger because he agreed and placed a big kiss on her cheek before stepping out of the store. Victoria turned back to me, smile transforming into a smirk and she slowly walked towards me, leaning over the glass box placed in between us. 

 

"You know, if you wanted her phone number, you could have just walked over to her and asked. Following us makes a bad impression." Victoria ended her sentence with a smirk and knowing eyes. I could feel my heart in my throat because not only did they notice me staring at her, I was caught following them as well. I felt like I just made the worst decision this year and now I would never be able to know her name and get to know her, possibly date or something. How could I have screwed up so bad? There was now no hope for me finding love, I would forever be stuck in my apartment all alone and forced to age with twelve cats and—

 

"I'll tell you what. If you really want to meet her, I can help you out. How does that sound?"

 

Wait what? She's willing to help a creep like me out? Hohoho , I'm jumpin' on this bandwagon baby.

 

"Great. I'd really like that. I appreciate it," I replied trying to keep my emotions under control, because inside I'm pretty sure I was like a four year old high off of sugar. Nothing could compare to my excitement right now.

 

"She goes to the Starbucks three blocks away every day at five pm. If you're there at five pm and she's not, chances are she's at the library at five thirty. She's never late so don't worry about it. You can go there starting tomorrow if you'd like. She's sweet and very friendly so I have a feeling she will accept you well. Don't worry about your creeping scaring her off. She's totally oblivious to those around her. Have a nice day," Victoria ended with a wink before turning around and prancing away towards the exit, heels clicking against the marble floor. I felt like I was forgetting to ask her something as I watched her walk away and then it clicked.

 

"Victoria!" I suddenly cried out, and she turned around to me with an amused face like she knew what I was going to ask. "What's her name?"

 

Instead of replying right away, she walked slowly over to me and laid her hand on my shoulder before leaning into my ear. 

 

"Lu Han." That was all she said before strutting regally out of the store, pants fitting her just right around the waist and hips, blonde hair bouncing. I imagined Lu Han wearing those pants and I almost drooled. Luckily, I snapped myself out of the daze and sat back down thinking about what Victoria just told me. 

 

Lu Han. Lu Han. Lu Han. Han. That was her name. It was beautiful. The only thing I could think of when I thought about her perfect face and beautiful eyes was a deer.

 

Xiao Lu.

 

That's what I'll call her.

 

 

 

“What's meant to be will always find a way.”

 

 

 

A/N: Omg okay so this took me like 4 days to write because I've been super super busy. Some of this might not make sense because I have not re-read it for errors or whatever and it's un-beta'ed. Lol Just to let you guys know, I don't have a plot for this story. I literally came up with this story idea and I'm pretty much writing each chapter on a whim. Ughhh I should create an outline but... no time T^T Hope you enjoyed! Chapter two should be up in the next week. I'm still in the process of writing my other fic 'As Long As You Love Me'. If you haven't read it you should go check that out. That update should be coming very soon. Comment & subscribe if you like so far! :)