Good and Bad News

Good and Bad News

 

"What do you mean? You’re too early!" Xiumin said from the couch.

 

"Well maybe he didn’t drop and he just switched positions." Chen said. I nodded before another sharp pain tore through me. Luhan and Tao caught me before I fell to the floor in pain.

"You need to get checked out." Kae said. Luhan picked me up bridal style and carried me to the car and rushing to the hospital.

"I’m really scared Luhan…it’s too early for him to be born now." I said trying to hold back tears.

"He will be just fine. Breathe and try to relax." He said taking my hand and kissing it. When we arrived at the hospital I was rushed into the ER and the doctor checked me.

"Is my baby ok?" Luhan took my hand and wrapped his other arm around my shoulders hugging me.

"I’m not a hundred percent sure yet, but it looks like she’s having problems breathing. Tears began to flow from my eyes and I knew everything I prayed not to happen, was in fact, putting my baby at risk.

" Help her! Please!" I said panicking.

"Calm down...he’s going to do everything he can." Luhan said holding me forcing back tears.

"It looks like she’s ok for the moment. I am going to keep you over night so we can monitor her heart rate." I continued to cry but nodded in understanding.

"Thank you."The doctor walked out and Luhan followed, closing the door behind him.

"Is everything going to be ok? Will our baby live?" He asked him. The doctor took off his glasses and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"It doesn’t look too serious at this moment."

"That’s a relief. Thank you." Luhan smiled and bowed before coming back into the room. I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Kae and the others.

‘Well...my baby is having problems breathing and keeping her heart rate steady...’ The message sent just as Luhan came back in sitting next to me on the bed.

"The doctor just told me that she looks ok...nothing to be too worried about right now." I smiled sadly and rubbed my belly. Then my phone vibrated on the stand next to the bed.

"It’s Kae..." I opened it and read the text. "Kris is going into labor. He’s having the baby now." Luhan looked at me.

"You’re kidding." I shook my head and held up the phone showing him the text. "But he isn’t due for another three weeks."

I closed my phone and sighed. "I guess we’re both having problems..." Luhan hugged me tight and kissed the top of my head.

"As long as everything ends well, I’m happy." I continued to rub my belly. "Please be ok baby girl."

Luhan smiled and rubbed my belly too. "If she’s anything like you...she will be just fine". I jump as the baby begins to move and kick hard.

"Oh...she’s moving..." Luhan looked at me concerned. "Is it a good moving or do I have to get the doctor?" I tried to get comfortable.

"I’m not sure...I think you should get him to check..."

I watched as Luhan walked out of the room quickly. When he finds the doctor he tells him about the baby moving and that we weren’t sure what it meant.

"Let me check." He comes into the room and checks me then gets a serious look.

"Is she ok?" I asked. In a matter of minutes I was hooked up to the ultrasound. "What’s wrong?" I asked looking at the monitor and then to the doctor.

"She’s fine..but we need to get her out as soon as possible." The doctor said rushing me to the operating room for an emergency C-section.

"What’s wrong? Why do we need to take her out now?" I said in tears.

The doctor and nurses quickly got me ready for the C-section and in moments I couldn’t feel anything from the middle of my back down, thanks to the numbing medication. Luhan sat next to me holding my hand.

"You’ll be just fine and our little girl will be perfect. Just keep calm and pray for the best." I nodded and silently sobs.

"This feels really weird." I said looking at Luhan.

"What does it feel like?" I thought for a moment.

"It doesn’t hurt....I just feel tugging and moving." I said just before the room was filled with crying.

"Congratulations...You have a healthy baby girl!" The doctor said handing her to a nurse who wrapped her in a blanket walking over to us.

"Would you like to hold her, Appa?" She said smiling at Luhan who had tried to hold back his tears but failed. "Of course." She said taking her in his arms. "She’s perfect."

"With a daddy like you, whou wouldn’t be?" I said running my hand over her head smiling.

"She has your eyes." He said as my vision began to blur.

"I’m sorry, Luhan, but you’ll have to leave." The doctor said quickly.

I smiled and closed my eyes the last thing I saw being Luhan panicking and our beautiful baby.