II

My Sunshine is the Smile on Your Face

 

The flight was longer then, but fortunately Eunhyuk was used to flying around the globe. He slept most of the time, catching up on the sleep dept he had gathered during his busy days. He was happy to go home, he had missed being there so much.

In the Seoul airport, almost immediately after gathering his things, he recognized a familiar face in the crowd of people. He wasn't too easy to miss, with blond hair, highlighted with pink, his clothes brightly colored. Eunhyuk had disguised himself to not be noticed, big sunglasses, a scarf and woolly hat, so his friend missed him. Eunhyuk tried his best to get the load of luggage with him as he walked towards his friend, a big smile already on his face. He was a few feet of him when he finally got noticed, and was instantly swept into a hug. First tears slipped from Eunhyuk's eyes, as he was held by the man that used to be his best friend for so many years.

"Donghee," he sniffed into the other's hoodie, and got squeezed just the slightest bit harder. They stood like that for a while, not really wanting to let go of each other. It was weird, they had never been so touchy-feely to begin with, but they had been away of each other for so long. They had both grown and changed during that time, Eunhyuk heard from Sungmin that Shindong had even got married during the time.

"Damn, I missed you," Shindong finally pulled away and kept Eunhyuk within an arm's length. He was smiling so big, his whole face lighting up. Eunhyuk's face was mirroring his expression, just as happy to see him. Shindong hugged him briefly for the second time, then stepped forward to take Eunhyuk's luggage and take them into his car. He burst into laughter upon seeing the amount of things. "I doubt these will fit into my car."

Eunhyuk slapped his shoulder, and took one of the suitcases, even if it was way too heavy for his skinny arms to carry, especially with the two other bags still on his shoulder. Shindong came to help him soon, already gotten the first one into his car that was parked in front of the door. When Eunhyuk finally got there too, he noticed that there were two people sitting inside. Sunny and Sungmin, who sprung out of the car to hug their brother. They showered the much taller male with kisses, both trying to wrap their arms around him as much as possible. Eunhyuk was full blown crying now, not capable of controlling his tears as the two warm bodies pressed against him. His tears were wiped off pretty quickly, kisses pressed on both sides of his face. It made him cry even harder, trying his best to hide his face on either of their shoulder's but his face was lifted up so they'd get a better look of the man they hadn't seen in a long while.

"Hyukjae," Sunny grinned, pinching her brother's cheek. She hardly ever cried, but Eunhyuk could see her eyes welling up. Sungmin was still hugging him, nuzzling his shoulder with his nose. Eunhyuk sniffed and smiled down at Sunny, who was bouncing on the balls of her feet, excited of his brother coming home. Sungmin pulled away so he could look at Eunhyuk's face properly again.

"We missed you," Sungmin grinned, and Eunhyuk tried his best to smile trough his tears. "Mom and dad are waiting, we're leaving as soon as you get your stuff."

 

After a hilarious car ride home, bidding another goodbye to Shindong and the third emotional reunion of the day, Eunhyuk was sitting in the familiar dining room, his mother's cooking presented in front of him, and his family trying to get to know everything that had happened since the last time he visited. His mother was beaming, trying to get the skinny boy to eat as much as possible. Eunhyuk did eat, he doesn't even remember the last time he had eaten that much. He had gotten so used to eating salads and little, bite-size meals because of Leeteuk, that he had forgotten how nice it was just to stuff your face so full of food you couldn't move anymore.

When the dinner was done, the family started packing up their things to leave for the summer house. Eunhyuk was cruelly denied to take all his clothing with him, and got teased by Sungmin for even having that much clothes with him. Sunny stole a hoodie from his bag, and even if Eunhyuk saw it, he chose not to say anything. Eunhyuk tried to whine his way trough, even if he was an adult, he still was a baby in the family. Well, officially Sunny was the youngest, but she acted way more mature than Eunhyuk most of the time. Sungmin and Sunny got sometimes mistaken as twins, because even if there were a few years between them, they were very close and acted in a very similar manner.

The parents went on one car, and the kids on other, Sungmin driving. They were chattering troughout the whole journey, talking about their lives and what-not. Sunny was currently dating a boy named Kyuhyun, and he had recently asked Sunny to marry him. Sunny showed off the simple golden ring on her finger, proudly telling the story of the proposal. She also told Kyuhyun was going to visit the summer house once his work let him. Sungmin was also happily dating, a boy named Ryeowook. Eunhyuk had met him once. They had recently moved in together, and Sungmin told about the difficulties of what's it like to live with your significant other. Sunny agreed on his pointers, laughing and sharing her own stories. Eunhyuk was only smiling, not really saying anything. Mostly because, well- he had never lived anyone like that. Nor been, for that matter. One night stands, yeah, more than enough. And relationships that lasted up to a week, and were only alive because of . He sighed and looked out of the car window, to the fields speeding past him.

After about hour and a half, they reached a store, where they went shopping for food. It was the only business in the small village they had stopped in. Eunhyuk's mother told that the ride to the summer house would be only about an hour from there, but there were no stores before that, except for the little one they were currently in. Sunny was sitting in the shopping cart and Sungmin was pushing, as the two ventured trough the shop, taking with them whatever they felt like. Eunhyuk followed them, kind of out of place, because he hadn't been in such place since forever. It felt weird, he had been alienated of such a common thing as a grocery store, since he didn't really do any of his own shopping anymore. The Korean food also seemed strange, after getting used to the fancy restaurants all over the world. Sungmin and Sunny had filled half of the cart, so much that it was hard for Sunny to sit in it anymore without getting drowned by food. Their father shook his head upon seeing the amount of food they had hoarded already, but didn't say nothing against it.

Sunny jumped off the cart when they reached the alcohol section. She settled on two six-packs of cheap beer, since the options weren't really wide. Eunhyuk made a face towards the drink, he had never liked beer. Sungmin took something too, inspecting the bottle and shrugging as he set it in the full cart.

"Hyukkie," Sunny suddenly cooed. "Can you go get me a few bars of chocolate? Please?"

Eunhyuk smiled at his sister, who was trying to use the aegyo charm that usually worked on boys on his brother as well. Eunhyuk nodded and Sunny grinned even wider. "You're just as sweet as you used to be!"

Eunhyuk turned around quickly so Sunny wouldn't see the blush dusting his cheeks. He made his way to the candy shelf, or at least tried to. Even if the store was small, it still was big enough for Eunhyuk to get lost into. He opted on getting back to his siblings but then again, he wanted to be nice to Sunny, after all that she had done for him. He walked between the aisles, not sure where he was going at all. He must've looked confused and lost, because he got stopped after maybe two minutes of ing around.

"Excuse me, can I help you somehow?" Eunhyuk first thought that the voice belonged to a salesman, but when he turned around, he noticed it was just a man, around his age. He was smiling kindly. Eunhyuk didn't get a word out, so the man laughed, a bit embarrassed. "You just looked all lost and... not from here." 

It was kind of obvious apparently. The man himself was wearing a simple, checkered shirt and jeans, but Eunhyuk was all blinged up, with his designer hoodie with abstract patterns, the skinny jeans with chains and shoes with golden spikes. The sunglasses and cap weren't helping any, but at least he was looking quite fabulous.

"That's true," Eunhyuk said sheepishly. "I was just looking, well - do you know where the sweets are here? My sister wanted chocolate, and I just can't find it."

"Sure, they're right next to the entrace!" the man grinned and pointed behind Eunhyuk, and he bid a fast thank you before leaving towards the direction. He found the sweets, and picked out the things he knew Sunny would like. Which was basically anything that was sweet. He also took a bag of strawberry flavored marshmallows, and a bag of mixed candy for Sungmin. He jogged back to where his siblings were already on the line to the cash register. Their parents had done their own shopping, and were now packing the car again outside.

"Who was that?" Sunny was sitting on the edge of the cart, since she couldn't sit with the food anymore. 

"Who?" Eunhyuk said as he placed the candies into the cart. Sunny raised an eyebrow, looking unimpressed. Sungmin snorted at her expression.

"The guy," she stated as it was the most obvious thing on the planet.

"He just showed me where I could find those," he pointed at the sweets. Sunny nodded, looking a bit sceptical. He turned to Sungmin and whispered something, and they both giggled. Eunhyuk huffed. "I swear to go if you try to matchmake me again-"

"Don't worry!" Sunny answered way too quickly for Eunhyuk's suspicions to fade, so he just glared at his sister from behind his shades. Sunny sighed. "But really, we just want you to be happy."

Eunhyuk tried to step away but he was pulled to Sunny's embrace, his head too close to her bosom for his liking. Not that he had anything against s in general, but it was his sister, and there were some borders he was never going to cross. Then, out of nowhere Sunny turned the sweet hug into a headlock and ruffled Eunhyuk's perfect hair with her knuckles, knocking the cap onto the sticky floor. Eunhyuk whined and tried to get away, but Sunny was surprisingly strong. Eunhyuk himself hadn't done any type of training to gain muscle, because models like him were wanted as skinny and lanky, not buff. He didn't know what Sunny had been doing, but apparently it was effective, since her headlock was made of iron.

It took them about fifteen minutes to pack all the shoppings into the car after paying. It was already filled with so much stuff, it was a task to put the food in as well. They succeeded, and left again, Eunhyuk happily munching on the candies he bought earlier on the backseat. Half of them got stolen by his siblings, but the usual pickering and teasing that hung around the car was surprisingly comforting, and he couldn't get annoyed, he had been missing this so much. The car's radio was playing some old Korean classic, the car was hot as hell, but Eunhyuk was happy. He closed his eyes and rested his head against the window. He got to rest about a second, until he was kicked awake by a giggling Sunny.