I

My Sunshine is the Smile on Your Face

 

(this turned out to be so long that i had to break this into chapters, here's the first one, and i'm going to post the rest later today as well. sorry for having to wait so long! ;~; )

 

The sun shone trough the white curtains, the thin fabric fluttering in the little breeze from the balcony door. The whole room was shining in natural white, and the lithe boy on the bed stretched, while yawning. He rolled onto his back and blinked a few times, getting used to the sunshine. He wiggled his toes and sat up, stretching his back so the joints cracked, echoing in the huge room. He slung his legs over the bed and let his toes hit the carpet as he got out of bed. Trying to calm down his currently black hair, mussed up from the sleep, he walked to the bathroom.

After the necessities, he went to the kitchen, pressing on the stereos while walking to the fridge. Music filled the spacy kitchen, and he sat on the island with an apple in his hand. He took the phone from the charger, checking up the newest messages. There were a lot, so he wasn't too bothered to check them properly, just skimmed trough in search of something interesting.

In the middle of his little breakfast, a man burst trough the door, talking to his own phone million miles a minute. The man on the counter raised his hand for a hello, but only got a strict look in return. The man on the phone pressed his cell onto his shoulder.

"Hi, Leeteuk."

"Eunhyuk, get down!" 

Eunhyuk groaned but jumped off the island. "Okay, mom."

"No, your mom is the one who called you fifteen minutes ago," Leeteuk set the stack of papers he had been carrying onto the surface Eunhyuk had been sitting on earlier.

"Why?" Eunhyuk asked with his mouth full of apple.

"She wanted something, I told her to call later," Leeteuk shrugged, taking the phone again and continuing his earlier conversation. "We have to leave in ten, by the way."

Eunhyuk almost chocked on his breakfast, coughing and spluttering, and Leeteuk just made a face when a piece of apple his his face.

"You couldn't wake me up earlier?" Eunhyuk groaned and ran towards the door next to the one leading to his bedroom - the huge wardrobe. "I look horrible!"

"Agreed," Leeteuk chuckled and a sock was thrown at him. He threw it back and kept writing something onto the paper in front of him. Meanwhile, Eunhyuk was stressing over his clothing. The dozens pairs of pants, hundreds of shirts and tops, countless pairs of shoes and accessories were no help when you didn't know what you wanted to wear. He threw clothes on the floor, searching for something, even if he didn't know what exactly. He pulled on one shirt but after twenty seconds thought otherwise, changing the tight one into a loose top, then to a sweater, then to a print T-shirt. Nothing seemed to fit his tastes, when piece of clothing after piece of clothing hit the floor and new ones were pulled from the racks.

About five minutes later, Leeteuk burst in, sighing when seeing the mess presented in front of him. "You're hopeless."

"And you're not helping any! Why did you get here so late anyway?" Eunhyuk was close to ripping his hair off when Leeteuk offered him clothes that he denied immediately.

"I had... business to attend," Leeteuk blushed slightly, coughing and looking away from his client.

"You weren't getting boned by my bodyguard weren't you?" Eunhyuk poked his chest and finally took a big, black and printed T-shirt Leeteuk gave him. Leeteuk flushed even further, not wanting to meet Eunhyuk's eyes at all. Eunhyuk pushed him and stuck out his tongue. Leeteuk made a face towards him, then left the wardrobe when Eunhyuk had finally decided what to wear.

 

In half an hour, Eunhyuk was sitting in make-up, his tired face being decorated into something fresh. His skin was starting to look as smooth as porcelain, his eyes were lined in black, and his hair was facing skyward. He was looking androgynous, a look he often was trying to get towards himself. Androgynous models were in. It was trendy to play with the borders of gender, it was trendy to trick people's eyes. Eunhyuk didn't quite understand this 'trend', but he went along with anything that was currently in fashion. He knew that in some point, the roles would be reversed, and masculine men and feminine women would grace the magazine at some points, then the tables would be ce more, and you never really knew where it would go. But hey, it was fashion.

His personal make-up artist, Key, was fussing over the shade of his blush. The one he had been given didn't suit the color of Eunhyuk's pale skin, and he was telling off some poor assistant boy, ordering to get him a new one. Key always wanted perfection. Key wasn't Eunhyuk's own artist, but the one hired by his company. Eunhyuk was the label's star though, and therefore Key was with him most of the time. Leeteuk was again on his phone, but now there was a second one in his other hand, and he was also somehow balancing a cup of coffee.

Eunhyuk glanced at himself in the mirror. Key had done a good job fading away the dark circles underneath his eyes. All the marks of tiredness and hectic lifestyle were gone. Key smiled to himself as he looked Eunhyuk over. He kept doing little details and fixes, and at the same time a hair stylist attacked Eunhyuk's hair, turning the previously clean and sharp style into something that resembled a bed head, but was still carefully done. The two professionals finished Eunhyuk up, and next he was taken towards the shoot. His partner for the day was the ever-so-famous Choi Siwon, all around pretty boy and everyone's wet daydream. Eunhyuk would lie if he said he wouldn't want a piece of that. The setting was very vintage, old furniture and clean, crisp lightning. Eunhyuk sitting, Siwon standing, switching places once in a while. Eunhyuk closer to the wall, Siwon in the front. The two so close their faces were inches apart.

 

Everyone knew Eunhyuk. Lee Eunhyuk. He was a name on everyone's lips currently. He rose to fame out of nowhere really, after his first magazine spread he spread like wildfire, his interesting new looks grabbing the attention of the media and fashion scene. He was a fresh gush of wind, something new and something everyone wanted. He knew he'd be over sooner or later, but once he was on top, he could at least take everything he could and live the wave of his popularity to the fullest. He had money, so why not spend it on expensive things? He had time, he had friends and connections, why not use them to attend the wildest, richest parties there were? Eunhyuk didn't drink when he was younger, and thought to never do anyway, until it was all champange, expensive wines, exciting drinks, things that were a little too expensive, but most definite worth the money.

He had a manager, Leeteuk, who took care of everything and anything, so mostly he had to be where needed on time and look pretty. The label had hired him a bodyguard as well, a big, bulky man who went by the name of Kangin. He was always watching that nothing went wrong. He also worked as Eunhyuk's personal driver, taking him to places in the expensive car Eunhyuk had bought as soon as he got money to spend on things like that. Make-up artists, hair stylist, people who made him beautiful and wanted, they purred around him non-stop.

Even if he sometimes Eunhyuk missed his simple life back in South Korea, back in Seoul, he had to admit that becoming famous, starting the career as a model was the best thing that had ever happened to him. His life was a dream, he was flying high, and he never wanted to come down. He was rich, beautiful and well-known. He was everything people wanted to be. He was loved, admired. People were jealous of him. People wanted to be him, or be with him.

 

It was over quickly, not much talking was happening either. Leeteuk took Eunhyuk to lunch, and the model's mother called again. They were in a salad place, Leeteuk was very concerned over his own health, and tried to avoid eating too much junk food so he wouldn't get fat. Eunhyuk called bull, Leeteuk was skinny enough the way he was now.

"Mom? Hi," Eunhyuk smiled. It had been a while since he had been in contact with his mother. She, and his father, lived in South Korea, while he was currently located in New York, and had earlier lived two months in Tokyo. Other big cities had been concuered as well, but his only own flat was in the Big Apple. He hadn't seen his parents in a while, and was happy that his mother was calling him. He used to be a big mama's boy, and remembers crying a lot when moving away from the country because he missed his family. He was glad Leeteuk was there for him, he had always played the part of a big brother to him as well.

He took a sip of the latte that paid way too much, adjusting the expensive sunglasses on his nose after setting the big cup down. "Hm? Care to repeat?"

Leeteuk looked up from his notepad, one hand writing and another typing on his phone. He raised an eyebrow and Eunhyuk just stuck his forefinger up, hm'ing at something his mother said. He talked for a while, nodding and commenting, until he ended the phonecall and set the phone onto the table, next to his mug.

"Leeteuk," he spoke up and Leeteuk put down the phone he was about to raise up to his ear again. "Clear my schedule for the summer."

"What?!" Leeteuk nearly screeched, completely baffled by the sudden proposal. "I can't just- what the hell?!"

"I'm going home."

 

It took a bit more to convince Leeteuk to let him leave, but after a few words with the label's boss he finally did get the holiday he craved for. Leeteuk got another young model to care for during the time, a rising star Oh Sehun, with a complete additude of a diva. Leeteuk would love him. He wouldn't surprass Eunhyuk, but he'd give him a run for his money until Eunhyuk came back. He didn't know when he'd come back, though. His mother had asked Eunhyuk to come home, because he's being missed by his family, his friends, everyone. She told him that they had bought a summer house, a one they were planning to spend as much time as possible during the summer.

When Eunhyuk was packing, one big suitcase already full of clothing, he let himself shed a little tear. He'd be seeing the people he loved the most again. His mother, his father, his siblings, his best friends. He quickly wiped it away, sniffing. He knew he'd cry when he would see them all again. He knew he'd cry when seeing the face of Sungmin, his brother. Or Sunny, his sister. He hadn't seen them in such a long time. Apart from Kangin and Leeteuk, there really wasn't anyone that close to him, and he really couldn't talk to anyone like he could to his friends. Downside to fame must've been the drilling loneliness that hit him sometimes.

He stood up from the floor of his wardrobe, walking towards the bathroom to pack all the necessities. Which was basically everything, even if he often trusted make-up, he still wanted to look good underneath it all. He filled a few plastic bags with his hair products, the stuff he used for his face, one with the absolute musts, toothbrush and -paste. He stuffed them into his luggage as well, then tried to fit in a few more pairs of shoes. Once packed, he called for Kangin to pick him up. The bodyguard carried his heavy luggage to the car, and Eunhyuk himself took the two designer he had also filled with things. It was good to go prepared, wherever you went. The ride to the airport wasn't long, and soon Eunhyuk was hugging his bodyguard goodbye.

"You better change the sheets before I come back," Eunhyuk teased Kangin, who's cheeks dusted in soft pink.