Lover Girl

Lovers

Immediately, her sister had put the incident aside. By dinnertime, the two were exchanging stories, telling secrets, and just talking. She had missed this so much. It was one of the things about the two, easily making up and pushing aside even the biggest of fights in a matter of minutes.

The weekend was wonderous. The two went shopping - even though her sister hated shopping - and ate at fancy restaurants, eating the best food at the best place with the best service. Her sister had gotten her different things and even had some things being shipped back to America for their parents.

However, her sister did have a long memory - though not a grudge - so she voluntarily accompanied her sister to teach at school the following weekday. The car ride was simple with a little talking and laughter, but still calm with the morning air. 

She recognized several of the people by name - those Kwangmin and Youngmin brothers (twins she found out) - and some through memory like pretty boy - Nam Woohyun she found out. She had easily garnered attention and before she knew it, everyone knew that she was the younger sibling of her sister. It was interesting and annoying all at once. 

She played polite, patient, and nice for the first class, but after that, she didn't bother, already tired of faking. She had wanted to keep her sister's reputation, but her sister clearly pointed out that what she did had no dramatic effect. Thus, she easily cursed out kids in her English class - though her sister scolded her for that one - and teased the kids mercilessly on what they didn't know. 

She was rude, blunt, sarcastic, and mean. She didn't deny it and nor was she going to. 

Soon, the day was over and she looked forward to another day with her sister. It was so nostalgic and there was no doubt that her sister was having just as much fun. 

As the day before, lover boy returned, popping in a little after the end of school.

"Noona," he called, smiling. Oh, and she learned that no one addressed her sister by a proper title. As she was only a year older than the eldest students of the school, she encouraged them to call her Unnie or Noona, though she had seen more than a couple call her Umma instead. 

He stepped around the table, handing her a bouquet of yellow flowers.

"Primrose?" her sister noted, raising an eyebrow. Minwoo nodded, blushing. Her sister laughed. "Ah, young love is it?" 

He nodded.

She blinked. Was lover boy confessing to her sister?

He pulled another bouquet out, this time of light pink flowers. He held them out to her and she blinked. Wait, wasn't he confessing to her sister? He called her name, grabbing her attention once again.

"Willyoupleasegooutwithme?" he asked at once, unable to meet her eyes. She was surprised. 

"Take them," her sister advised, giving a knowing smile. "Apricot blossoms. A wonderful choice meaning timid love."

She was pleased, embarrassed, and happy all at once, but her bluntness took over.

"We met yesterday," she pointed out, raising an eyebrow. She quickly tried to cover the blunder. "I mean, I'm touched, but I...don't know you."

"You can learn about me and I can learn more about you," Minwoo offered eagerly, glancing at her. Their eyes met and electricity tingled her spine. 

She smiled and took them.

"Sure," she agreed. Her grin widened at his bright smile. "First things first, get your brothers or cousin or whatever to deliver flowers to my sister. You're mine now."

He nodded eagerly and she laughed. She looked past him for a moment and saw her sister had left, a note on the board. 

"Back home by 10," she read off, Minwoo turning to read it as well. She spotted keys hanging on the shelf of the board, glinting in the sunlight in such a way it was impossible to miss. She walked up, grabbing it. She turned back to him.

"Well, let's get to know each other," she began. "I've got a car and keys. Where shall we go?"

He smiled.

"Anywhere."

She gave a smirk in response.

"Good because I know just where to go."

"Where's that?" he questioned, blinking innocently. 

"You'll find out when when we arrive."

And she left, him following. 

The door slammed shut, sending several English notecards off of her sister's desk flying. They fluttered down off the table and landed on the ground, the six letters arranging themselves messily but clearly on the floor.

L.

O.

V.

E.

R.

S.