Extra: Lovers' Date

Lovers

The car ride was a decent length. Not too long and not too short, but easily, the two were already loosening up, learning about each other. 

When the car stopped, Minwoo rushed from his seat and scurried over to the driver's side, opening the door for her. She laughed, giving him an incredulous look. 

"What a gentleman," she teased, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. The two were near the same height so it was an easy accomplishment. 

"Where are we going?" he asked, curious. He beamed at her, not at all minding her half-hug.

"Well first, we're eating," she relayed, giving him a playful smirk. "I don't know about you, but I'm starving."

She led him into a small cafe, nice and neat, but nothing too crowded. A waitress immediately seated them, throwing interested looks at Minwoo. She rolled her eyes as Minwoo obliviously looked at the menu. She skimmed the menu, finding a meal that seemed decent and waited for the waitress to come by again. The female waitress was looking over a few tables down but she knew that the worker would come by soon especially with those flirty eyes.

In 3...

2...

1...

"May I take your order today?" the female waitress questioned, batting her eyelashes at Minwoo. Minwoo barely cast the worker a glance, looking instead at his 'girlfriend.' 

"What do you want?" he asked with a bright smile. She smirked, feeling smug against the 'evil' waitress. 

"I'll have whatever you're having then," she declared, tossing her menu at the waitress who fumbled with it. Minwoo made a face, looking over the menu again, muttering to himself.

"That doesn't look good...but then again that's too much...That's not enough...How much does she eat anyway?" 

She mused his mutterings, quite sure that he was oblivious to his habit. Finally, slightly from impatience and slightly from annoyance (also partially from hunger), she grabbed the menu from his hands, rolling her eyes. She pointed to a random thing on the page, a sandwich with a side of fries.

"We'll have three of these," she ordered, tossing the waitress the menu rudely again. Minwoo looked shocked while the waitress huffed, leaving with a flick of her hair. 

She looked Minwoo up and down, raising an eyebrow. Was he angry?

"You upset, shocked, or both?" she inquired, smirking. Minwoo shook his head, snapping out of his reverie. 

"Just shocked," he answered shyly. She chuckled at his adorable expression.

"Sorry. Hungry and impatient. Not a good combination but you'll have to put up with it," she explained, giving him a half-apologetic smile.

"I don't mind," Minwoo beamed, holding her hand across the table. Her stomach flipped for a moment and she looked out the nearby window, looking for some distraction but finding none.

"Cute," Minwoo whispered, making her whip her head back.

"What?" she blurted, taken back. Minwoo blushed.

"I thought you looked cute, blushing," he explained softly, giving a light laugh. She had no retort so she ignored the rising flush of her cheeks, looking out the window again. From the corner of her eye, she saw him open his mouth to say something again, but luckily - or unluckily - the waitress returned with their meals.

"If you need anything," the waitress began, purring as the waitress purposely put her hand over Minwoo's. "Anything at all, just call."

Minwoo blinked and then dropped a piece of paper onto the table, a number written on it.

"What's this?" he questioned, blinking wildly as he turned to his date.

"A pickup," she answered shortly, rolling her eyes. This guy was too naive. 

She smirked. But it was cute. 

She laughed at his horrified face. 

"Couldn't she see I was with you?" he asked, taken back. She laughed harder.

"There are people like that," she stated shortly. "Let's eat, pay, then leave." 

The idea sounded good to both so the two immediately began eating, splitting the third sandwich between themselves. The two split the bill, at her insistence as Minwoo demanded he pay for both. (Of course, he didn't expect her to threaten him but it worked out in the end anyways.)

She had even gotten a little bragging moment towards the waitress as Minwoo called her 'girlfriend' on the way out.

Afterwards, the two drove to the mall, just talking calmly while debating whether or not to go get a smoothie or some frozen yogurt to polish off the meal. 

"Ice cream sounds good too," she mused aloud.

"I like chocolate," Minwoo blurted, smiling. She laughed.

"Of course you would," she joked, her eyes twinkling.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked in mock offense. 

"Nothing at all," she teased back, parking the car. "Well, where should we go and what should we get?"

"Well, since we haven't decided on something, let's walk around," Minwoo suggested, smiling brightly. She nodded, holding out her hand as he took it.

It felt nice she decided. He wasn't the most manly of men and she was near his height for god's sake, but there was something so...so comforting about his wide palms that made her feel safe. It was as if he was keeping her steady even if she didn't need it because...because that's what love felt like she mused. 

The two walked around the mall, pointing out random things, trying on a few accessories here and there before settling on couple bracelets, one reading 'boyfriend' and the other 'girlfriend.' 

"How does that ice cream over there sound?" she questioned, gesturing to one store.

"Hmm...looks good!" Minwoo agreed, the two grabbing ice cream cones. True to his word, he did get chocolate cone while she had gotten a green tea scoop. The two continued to walk around, holding hands once the ice cream was all done and finished. 

"What should we do now?" Minwoo asked, blinking innocently. "We've gone around the mall several times."

She thought for a moment. 

"Want to watch a movie?" she suggested, smiling instead of the usual smirk.

"Which one?" he agreed, eagerly pointing out titles his friends had recommended and gesturing to several he had heard bad reviews about. The two debated between several, juggling the ideas before settling on Of Lords and Lasses, a movie based on the book by Minjo, a young budding author that had only recently been revealed as a female student at Seoul Academy of the Arts. The reviews had been positive enough and had been deemed appropriate with only foul language and bloody war scenes as its dangerous scenes. Nothing inappropriate beyond that. 

The two bought tickets before buying two sodas and a large bag of popcorn to split. Silently, she thanked the heavens her sister had taught her about Korean currency (Dollars and won were completely different from her thoughts!) and the two entered the theater, watching the movie intently...

And yet, she couldn't help but be aware of him. He innocently sat, eating popcorn and watching the movie, sometimes taking a sip of his soda, but though she faced the screen, eating just as much popcorn and drinking just as much soda, all her attention was focused on him and his reactions, watching the adorable expressions light his face. 

She felt electricity tingle up her arm every time their hands brushed for popcorn and when it was all gone, the two wiped their hands on the given napkins and continued to watch, still finishing off their soda...

And yet, she still was only aware of him. She paid attention mainly for the war scenes, entranced by the bloody war cries and screams of terror - gore had always been her favorite after all - but otherwise, she found her eyes on Minwoo's jaw, his lips, his eyes, his nose, everything and anything.

She prayed for the movie to end, to divert her attention, and yet she wished it never would, that time would stop. 

Her wish came true and was denied all at once as the movie ended late into the night, half past nine. The two talked about the movie a bit, but mostly, the car was filled with meaningless and yet memorable chatter. 

"You can drop me off here," Minwoo excused, taking off his seat belt.

She parked accordingly, feeling a bit upset. Was it the end of their date already?

"Thanks for the date," Minwoo beamed, leaning over. She hardly had time to process the action before his lips met her cheek and he left, waving and shutting the door behind him. 

She gave him a wave back and drove off, on autopilot. 

She entered her sister's home, tossing her sister the keys of the car (while ignoring her sister's questions), and flopping on the bed of her (guest) room, hands on her burning face.

That.

Was.

Adorable.