Magic Caramel

Just Another Story to Read

Ji Yong P.O.V

I reached home feeling so tired. After had some dinner, I sat beside my sister to watch some TV. She was reading a book. Wait! Is that Mother Goose? The one that Mimi talked about.

"Hey, is that a poem book?"

"yup. Why?"

"Is there any poem about sugar is white.. white is rabbit... something like that. I can't remember."

"Wrong!! Sugar is sweet.. idiot! That's the popular poem during Valentine's Day. How come you don't know~"

"Aishh stop nagging and just show me that poem~"

She showed me the poem. I was suprised.

Roses are red, 

Violet are blue,

Sugar is sweet,

And so are you...

A smile appeared on my lips. So she wanted to say this but act like she forgot. That is... cute...


Mimi's P.O.V

There was nothing more lonely than having a brother that has to go to work on every weekend. I'd love to spend this weekend with Teddy but he seems so busy. Poor me...

"Don't come home so late and don't forget to buy me some food! "

"What am I? A 10 years old kid? and why I must buy you some food when you can cook?"

"First reason, I just need a great meal. Second, you barely spent time with me, so buying good food showed me how much you love me. So, don't forget okay! Make sure it's totally good. hehe..."

"haishh okay okay arasso~ take care~ bye!"

I guess I am a little pampered by my brother but this is the way we are and I love it.

Ding Dong...

The loud doorbell rang, it made me jump out of my seat. I looked at the video door phone system. It was Jiyong-oppa. What a suprise. Nice timing!

"Oh Jiyong-oppa. Annyeo~"

"Annyeo~ Is Teddy home?"

"Nope. He got some work to do."

"Really? urmm I thought  I wanna use the studio..."

"Well you can use it. I'm sure Teddy doesn't mind. Come in oppa."

Jiyong came in and went straight to the living room. hmm I thought he wants to use the studio.

"Don't have any plans for the weekend?"

"Nope. Just wanna stay at home and do some chores. What about you oppa?"

"Coming here is my plan" He smiled.

"haha ya right. Do you want some tea?"

Jiyong nodded with a pleading look on his face. I went to the kitchen and made 2 cups of caramel tea.

"Here you go. This is caramel tea. My favourite. I'm not a fans of coffee." 

He has a sip of the tea. "Hmm.. it tastes so sweet... but quite good."

"Oppa, do you feel sad right now?"

"hmmm kind of. How do you know?"

"Hehe this is the magic of caramel. When you drink it while sad or upset, it will tastes so sweet. When you're happy, it'll tastes bitter sweet. You said it taste so sweet right? You must be upset of something. I didn't put any sugar at all in the tea."

"Really? wow! "

"So... why do you feel upset?"

"huh? urmmm it's nothing much. Yesterday I wrote a sad song. Sometimes, when I'm too focus writing a sad song, eventually I'll end up feeling sad too."

"Well... that's not a bad thing. I mean.. you were not just wrote a song, but you've put a bit of your soul into the song....urmmm What I really mean is I see you as a good writer."

Jiyong stared at me. "Well thank you... I see you as a good writer too. You should try write some songs too Mimi."

"I did write some but not songs, just lyrics. I'm not so good at playing guitar or any musical equipment."

"I can teach you if you want. I'm sure someday you can become a producer like Teddy."

"I'll be glad to learn from you. hehe" I gave him my best smile.

He smiled too. "Now this tea tastes bitter sweet. I think I'm happy now."

"wow! that was fast. hahaha do you want some sugar?"

"why?"

"to make it sweet of course. Sugar is sweet... remember??"

"....and so are you...." 

Gulp! Oh my god! Did he know about the poem?? I swear I don't know how to react right now. Sort of... just shuts down. Freezing... blushing...

"hahaha now I know why this tea is your favourite. It's warm and sweet, making you happy. I gotta make this as my favourite too. hehe"

"hahaha" I laughed nervously. Everything returns slowly. Thank God he changed the subject. fuhhh~~