Away to Lanfin

Legendary Travelers: In Search of the Red Guitarist

 

 

book 1-2 | Away To Lanfin

 

 

 

A/N: This chapter has some important stuff.

 

ABOUT THE WORLD OF GRIMNUG : Fights are a part of lifestyle and culture here. Growing up without a fist fight is near impossible whether male or female. Drugs and carriage of weapons are legal. In fact, in this proanarchy world, there is no higher power or police or any rulers of that sort here. •ิ

 

 

 

ost

 

"Who are you?" Was the first thing Kyungsoo said the moment he woke up.

 

Baekhyun shook his head, knowing he would ask that question. "You know, you've asked me that question thirty two times already. It's Baekhyun, you idiot."

 

"Oh, Baekhyun." He chuckled, surveying the room he was in. It's a clean white room with not even a speck of black smudge or dirt, nicely furnished with colorless furnitures and bones. "What happened to that second in command guy?" Kyungsoo struggled to sit up from the ground.

 

Baekhyun tossed a white cushion in the air. "Bang?"

 

Kyungsoo glared at the Baekhyun for putting him on the floor while he sat comfortably on a comfy couch.

 

"I left him at the construction site. I think it's raining outside." Without a care in the world, Baekhyun wiggled his nose and toes at the same time, feeling a sneeze coming. "Why'd you pick a fight with your own gang member? Plus, you almost lost the fight."

 

Dusting himself off, the other boy got off the floor and took a seat on the second couch across from Baekhyun. "Not my fault. I couldn't use my power earlier."

 

Kyungsoo traveled between worlds regularly, unlike Baekhyun, and had experienced the side effects. *After you arrive on your destinated world, you lose all your energy for a couple of hours, and completely forgetting about it, Kyungsoo had picked a fight with Yongguk who was being obnoxiously loud.

 

"That guy's an idiot for not recognizing me as his boss though." Kyungsoo blinked. The image of the ferocious lightening controller who nearly killed a person evaporated and was replaced by a clueless child.

 

"And you're not? You didn't recognize him as your second in command." Throwing the cushion at Kyungsoo, Baekhyun chuckled when it hit the boy right in his face.

 

"Ouch. I can't help it!" He argued back, his eyes suddenly widening innocently. "I'm just horrible with remembering faces."

 

"Yea, yea, yea," Baekhyun laughed.

 

The lackie who was brewing coffee for Baekhyun and Kyungsoo in the corner of the room would have thought they were just two friends meeting for a sleepover if he didn't know they were the bosses of the two most powerful gangs in Grimnug.

 

The white cup of coffee and white crackers were put on a table between the two boys, and the lackie stepped outside the room so the bosses could talk about whatever private stuff gang bosses talked about.

 

"Man, you sure like white." Kyungsoo commented.

 

Smiling proudly, Baekhyun nods to himself with his arms crossed across his chest. "So did you get a Lanfin Freather?"

 

Kyungsoo's mouth twitched into a small smile as he nodded to which Baekhyun raised a fist in the air with a 'woohoo!'

 

**Freathers were mystical feathers that let you travel to a certain world. The two bosses needed two Lanfin Freathers to get to Lanfin. Unfortunately, Lanfin Freathers weren't availiable in Grimnug, so Kyungsoo had been traveling to other worlds (with other world Freathers that were sold in Grimnug) to get his hands on two.

 

Why did they want to go to Lanfin?

 

To find the Red Guitarist who had stolen something valuable from them several years ago.

 

He had stolen Kyungsoo's ability to recognize people's faces, which was why he couldn't remember who people were by looking at their faces. Once he looked away from someone and hadn't seen them for a little less than an hour, they looked like complete strangers to Kyungsoo.

 

Luckily, he could still remember some people by their clothes or some specific trait other than their faces.

 

Baekhyun had something stolen from him as well, and to get their stolen senses back from the Red Guitarist, they were heading to Lanfin where he was rumored to be.

 

"Let's go right now." The boss of the Leeches decided right away.

 

Even Kyungsoo who had known him for several years had a hard time adjusting to Baekhyun's carefree decisions. "Sure..." He was sure Bang or Yongguk or whatever his second in command's name was would be able to take care of the Kachus while he was gone, but... "What about your gang? Do you have someone to take care of things here while we're looking for the guitarist?"

 

Of course not.

 

Baekhyun shook his head and shrugged. "I'm sure my underlings will figure things out."

 

"Are you even going to tell them you're leaving now?" He buried his face with the cushion in his hands.

 

"They'll figure it out," was his answer.

 

Kyungsoo was starting to feel bad for the members of the Leeches for having such a poor leader. 'Well, he has his charms too.'

 

"Did you hear anything about Lanfin?" Baekhyun asked, getting up from his couch to his white closet door.

 

Kyungsoo watched as his friend pulled out a large milky blue backpack. "Yea." He thought about going back to his own place in the Kachu area to pack for the journey but decided his wallet would be enough. "Not a lot of people knows about Lanfin though."

 

After scratching his head violently as if a flea had latched itself onto his scalp, Baekhyun started stuffing his backpack with necessities. "Hm."

 

Crinkling his nose in disgust at the boy clawing at his scalp, Kyungsoo took a pen and paper from Baekhyun's desk and worked on a letter to let to Kachu members know that he would be away for a while and the second in command will be in charge until he gets back. "I did hear that most people who go to Lanfin hardly ever come back."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yea." Kachus' boss neatly signed the bottom of the letter. "That's why it's so hard to find a Lanfin Freather... because not a lot of people wants to go there and because not a lot of people come back from there."

 

Whether he heard Kyungsoo's words or not, Baekhyun was busy deciding which pair of socks to take with him on the trip.

 

"Baekhyun, are you really not going to tell your gang members that you're going to be away for a while?" Kyungsoo checked for the last time.

 

Baekhyun shrugged, finishing up. "Like I said, they'll figure it out in a couple of days when they don't see me around anymore."

 

His friend shook his head, leaving the letter he had just finished writing on Baekhyun's couch. "I wish I could be more like you."

 

"You can do it." Without much enthusiasm in his tone, the carefree one tossed his backpack onto his back, strapped a sword leaning by the door to his waist and marched out the door. "Come on. Let's go to Lanfin, Kyungsoo."

 

 


 

Another update! If you have questions, feel free to ask!

 

Just to clear these things out:

*Whenever you travel between worlds, you lose your energy/power for a couple of hours/minutes afterwards (time length depends on the world and person), so you're weak and like a normal person.

**Freathers are like teleportation objects to let you travel between worlds. If you have a Grimnug Freather, you can go to Grimnug from your home world, but you can't go back to your home world unless you have a Freather to your home world. Some Freathers are sold in stores, by merchants, etc.

Basically, Grimnug didn't sell Lanfin Freathers, so Kyungsoo used Freathers that Grimnug did have to get to other worlds that did sell Lanfin Freathers and buy them for Baekhyun and himself.