Zelo's Misunderstanding

The Invasion Plan Of Planet B124AP224

"EEEEEEAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!" I screamed as soon as Zelo smiled and I staggered backwards, away from the demented-looking figure.

 

"Wow, I never knew he could scream like that," Him Chan mused, pushing his little finger into his auditory canal. Zelo grinned at me sinisterly, and advanced forwards, like a wolf towards its prey. Yongguk grabbed at his wrist, but he tossed it away easily with a suddenly acquired superhuman strength.

 

"Units, prepare for ambush..." Him Chan, sensing danger, flexed his fist and was about to step in front of me to shield me from the youngest unit. But he was a second too late as Zelo straightened his back legs, lunged towards me, his clawed hands reached out for my eyes...

 

"JunYunnie!"

 

Everyone froze as Zelo clung to my neck with a goofy grin on his face, like an oversized koala and hopped around me with his hands still attached to my shoulders. Daehyun's mouth fell open and the others were mute with shock. I stood there, frozen like a glass statue, too afraid to move or speak as he bounced around me like a merry-go-round.

 

"JunYunnie, Zelo likes you the most!" Zelo squealed and hopped onto my back, and clung to my waist with his legs. Man, was he heavy.

 

"Zelo," Yongguk murmured uncertainly, "are you okay?"

 

"Zelo is always okay as long as he is with JunYunnie!"

 

"Fu..." Daehyun couldn't contain it anymore and went to back of the car. We could hear him screaming with laughter behind the vehicle.

 

"Zelo likes JunYunnie!" Zelo squealed, obviously pleased with himself and clung to me all the tighter.

 

Yongguk sighed to himself as Him Chan tsk-tsked.

 

"This is the book club all over again."

 

"Well, fix him!" I groaned with his weight on me, "no one has called me JunYunnie since the school bully transfered to South Africa. I'll never live this down!"

 

"Hold your up, Yunnie," Him Chan grinned and my blood boiled, "Youngjae's the only one who knows how to program him."

 

"Well, where is he?"

 

"No idea."

 

"Find him..." I started but flinched when I felt Zelo's figure stiffen.

 

"JunYunnie," he squeaked and I turned around to stare at him in surprise, "don't JunYunnie like me?" his eyes were abnormally round and his lips set into a pitiful pout. Sweat trickled down my forehead. I can't stand aegyo.

 

"I'm sure Yunnie likes you fine," Daehyun snickered and I glared at him.

 

"Can it."

 

"JunYunnie..."

 

"Yunnie-ah!"

 

"JunYunnie..." Even Yongguk had joined in the fun. I felt color flush into my cheeks and Zelo's weight on my aching back was no help.

 

"Zelo, get off," I suddenly stated.

 

"But..."

 

"Get off!" I unconsciously shouted, irritation rearing up in me for no reason. Yongguk and the others look startled as Zelo slid off me and I threw them all an acidic glare.

 

"You think this is funny? The hell with you all!" I glared at Daehyun, who retreated, "Find Youngjae!"

 

Then, I stormed off.

 

Yongguk exchanged glances with Him Chan and Jong Up clung to Dada's neck.

 

"Did we over-do it?" Daehyun inquired nervously, looking at Zelo, whose back was facing him. They could see his fists trembling.

 

"It's rare of him to be so touchy," Him Chan shrugged, "he must have had hell with the bully."

 

"Touchy? That was him having PMS," Yongguk rolled his eyes. The others stared at him.

 

"I thought PMS stood for pre-menstrual stress?"

 

"It does."

 

"JunYu's a dude."

 

"Don't blame me if you can't take jokes."

 

"Your jokes are black."

 

"Yah!"

 

"Why doesn't JunYunnie like me?" Zelo's voice suddenly floated into their ears. They halted their discussion, with Yongguk's claws on Him Chan's neck. Zelo's fists clenched tighter, and his pink hair shielded his expression.

 

"JunYunnie told me to go to hell just now," his voice cracked, and he lowered his head.

 

"Well, actually, he told..." Him Chan pointed at Yongguk, Daehyun, Jong Up, Dada and finally his own chest, "...us, to go to hell."

 

"Dada didn't say anything, Him Chan. Leave him out of this," Jong Up complained.

 

"If he did say anything, you'd have something to worry about," Yongguk poked him.

 

"Zelo, he's just being y, don't worry about him," Him Chan took on a gentler tone, trying his hardest to ignore the other two members' off-topic debate.

 

"Dada can talk!" Jong Up insisted, "he's been talking to me all morning!"

 

"But JunYunnie sounded so mad!" Zelo insisted, still not looking at the others.

 

"Aren't you a little too old for imaginary friends?" Yongguk rolled his eyes at Jong Up.

 

"JunYu's been really stressed lately, remember? That's why we're here in the first place." Him Chan was being to feel like a typical housewife with her crying kid, what with two other juvenile kids in the background arguing about talking bears.

 

"He didn't have to call me to get off him..."

 

"Dada is not an imaginary friend!"

 

"I wasn't talking about Dada. Y'know, first signs of psychotic sicknesses in Earthian children is hearing voices in their heads."

 

"It's not in my head, and I'm not a kid!"

 

"Your height says otherwise."

 

"JunYu's too short for you to be hanging on him," Yongguk's bullying was starting to grate on Him Chan's nerves.

 

"JunYu's taller than Jong Up and Youngjae by about half a head, they can take me hanging on them."

 

"I'm not short! I work out, so I look stout!" Jong Up practically whined.

 

"Youngjae once made me go to our factory with him for his Matoki service because he had backaches for a week after you hung on him a couple of light-months ago," Him Chan said drily, "believe me, JunYu's no tougher than Youngjae."

 

"Why didn't he ask me?" Daehyun whipped around.

 

"Because you're the King Of Blackmail And Fraud, funny you should ask," both Jong Up and Him Chan chorused.

 

"Oh."

 

"All in all," Yongguk took over the task of comforting the upset maknae, "JunYu's emotionally unstable, so I suggest..."

 

"Stop badmouthing JunYu!" Zelo's outburst startled them. He whipped around, his eyes flashing. Him Chan sighed in relief to see that he wasn't crying.

 

"He's not short!" Zelo shouted, pointing at Yongguk.

 

"I wasn't talking about him, I was...!"

 

"He's not emotionally unstable!" He pointed at Him Chan.

 

"Okay, okay...wait, what?"

 

"Yunnie does not have an imaginary friend!" He pointed at Dada.

 

Dada blinked.

 

"He's not the King of Blackmail and Fraud!" He shouted at Daehyun.

 

"Huh?"

 

"And he's not y, it's charisma!" Zelo finally screamed and bolted off.

 

Yongguk, Daehyun, Jong Up and Dada stood there, blinking.

 

"Okay, now I'm confused," Daehyun muttered.

 

"Let's backtrack," Him Chan rubbed his temples, "you were say he was...?" he scrunched up his features in concentration.

 

"I can't remember." Yongguk said somewhat weakly.

 

"Never mind," Jong Up sighed, taking Dada's paw, "I'm going back to my imaginary... no, my friend."

 

 


 

nyahaha, enjoy the chapter! sorry bout de lo-o-ong hiatus. :D