Marriage

Rich poor

 

“Didn’t you hear he’s getting married, he said something about taking responsibility and facing it head on.”

“What?” I was shocked that I couldn’t help that tears were forming in my eyes. Why? Why? If I had confessed to him then, would he have accepted it? My heart hurts. Why does it have to be like this? I don't know what to do.. I guess I don't have a reason to stay here anymore.

I was so upset that I called my father and told him that I want to move back, that I miss my home country. I also told him that I changed my mind, that I want to meet the person the matched me up with. He was really happy about my decision that he got a plane ticket on the same day. He said that he we’ll take care of the school issue. I don't what to tell him the real reason I wanted to go back.

I said good bye to ajhumma and thanked her for the wonderful experience that I had. And I told her that if Zico comes back, to tell him it was nice meeting him and thank him for everything she learned.

-          - - -

There’s an engagement party tonight thrown for me and my partner that I don’t even know. It was our family who arrived first. We greeted the guests. I was there but my mind was somewhere else. Is this what I really want? Should I come back to Korea and look for him and tell him how I feel at the least? In a few months I’ll be graduating and I could get married. Is this what I really want?

My partner’s family finally came. No I’m not ready for this. I ran for the door ‘til I bumped onto someone. I fell from the impact.

“I-tay~ Gomennasai~” I apologized rubbing my head. “Daijoubou desu ka?”

“Yeah I’m fine. Are you okay?” The familiar voice took me aback. I looked to see who it was.

“Zico!” I jumped and hugged him. I was really happy to see him. Wait why is he here? In Japan? Isn’t he supposed to be having a wedding?

“W-why are you here? Ajhumma said you’re getting married.” I said still couldn’t believe that he’s here.

“I am. With you,” he smiled. That heart-warming smile that I liked.

“I don’t get it,” I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

“I’m the son of the owner of the Hotel and Tourism Company. I was the one who you’re parents picked as partner for you,“ he chuckled. “I was pressured to take over the company in the future. I didn’t really like it plus when they said they found a bride for me, I couldn’t take it. That’s why I ran away.”

He moved closer and held my hand. “But by coincidence you were put into the same class. My parents said that you didn’t want to know my name so it was easy for me to hide my identity…  Then you stopped by the store, and that’s when I learned so much about you. I liked your passion to keep going on and that made me want to work harder for you.” All eyes were on us and I could feel my face heating. And my eyes were tearing up.

Maki I like you,” he held me tighter. The moment was so overwhelming that I don’t know what to say or do but to hug him tightly and say back those words.

I like you too Zico."

 

.  .  .

 

 


 

The end.

How was it? I hope you liked it :)

As I said before it was suppose to be oneshot but I wrote too much.

Please comment of what you think. 

Thank you~! ^_^