Exchange Student

Rich poor

 

It was a lot of convincing before my father finally agreed with my idea. “Daijobou! I’ll be a good girl and father you should know that I’m smart enough on my own!”

Korea! A new start on my own. Yes! Since I know many languages like Spanish, French, and Korean it will be easy for me to live in another country. What should I do first? Shopping? Ie ie, I told myself that I need to be normal.  I was stoked thinking that I’ll be living on my own that I couldn’t sleep and tomorrow’s my first day as an exchange student.

“Eto.. eto.. Ah!” I stepped inside the classroom. “Annyong classmate!.. Ara?”  What time is it? Eh?! I was an hour late, that means it’s gym class time.

I changed into my gym strip and run to the gym. I wasn’t looking to where I was going that bumped into somebody. The impact was strong that I bounced off of the person. “I-tay~ Gomen ne.. Ah.. Mianhae!”

“Ah!  Are you okay?” the person I bumped into said. I was still dizzy with the collision that I can’t look up yet.

“Yeah I’m fine. Are you okay?” I said standing up and straightening myself.

“Yeah I’m fine. Be careful next time okay?” My my whatta a cutie he is, looks like a prince. He continued to go his way. Meanwhile I got lazy to go to gym class so I changed back into my uniform.  I took a nap at the rooftop and waited ‘til lunch break before going to class.

-          - - -

Oh it’s the girl I bumped earlier. I wonder why she’s skipping here napping though. Just a few moments ago I saw her rushing to the gym in her gym strip. Weird girl. Well I better get going for English class.

-          - - -

“Annyonghaseyo classmates! My name’s Maki. I’m an exchange student. Nice to meet you!”

The class was mumbling and some seemed excited. I noticed that the guy earlier was in the same class as me. He was at the far back near the door. I took the empty seat in the front row by the window. Not my most favorite but it’ll do.

The person seating next to me turned to me and said, “So Maki you’re an exchange student right. I’m Su Rin. Where are you from?”

“Nice to meet you Su Rin! I’m from Japan!”

“Cool! How come you’re late?” I smiled nervously. I can’t tell her or she’ll think I’m a bad influence and might try to avoid me. She took a hint. “Anyway, if you have any questions just ask and if you want I could take you on tour around the school,” she offered.

“Is that alright?” She nodded. “Then, I’d like to take you on that offer,” I beamed. Yes! I made a new friend. “Eto.. Can I ask who the guy seating by the door is?”

“Oh him? He's Zico. You wouldn’t want to be near him. He is the smartest person in this class but he’ll be a bad influence for you.”

“Why?”

“Can’t you tell by the look on his face?” I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. He looks nice to me. “He always skips and gets out class early. Rumor has it that he’s the leader of a gang. You think he’s just quiet but actually he’s watching everyone here in the room.” I pursed my lips not sure what to believe, but I took note of what she said; just in case.