Gave up

It Never Started At All

It was a fine morning and I decided to visit my best friend. I washed up, changed my clothes, brushed my teeth, did all the necessary stuffs I need to and slipped my flip flops so I'm ready to go. I skidded my way to his room, since we live on the same floor, and stopped when I reached the door, inhaling a large amount of air.

"Jingyo Oppa!" I shouted after I opened the door and his music blasted.

(A.N./ Yes, you guessed right. Hit the play nao or rewind it if you started earlier. No to shuffle and auto-next music please.)

"Hunchaaaaaaaaae!" He shouted and ran to me hugging me afterwards.

"Can I know where is-" He wanted to ask but I broke the hug and quickly replied,

"Of course, it was always her Jiyong." Disappointed, I sat down on his couch and sulked, letting him know how I feel.

"Well simply because she's my girlfriend." He proudly said. Hugs and kisses on the cheeks were thrown at me, despite loving those, I broke it and pushed him a bit further and said,

"Why can't you see it has always been me? Jiyong, you're simply and undeniably stupid." I reckoned.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"How long are you planning to keep me waiting?!" I shouted resulting to a shocked GD.

"I just can't Chaerin-ah. You know I can't and I never will. I love her why can't you also see that ?" He said. Well obviously I can, but he just can't see everything in front of him.

"You're impossible Jiyong. She's cheating on you, hitting several hot guys in front of you, and you're just there not believing what you see even though it's visible in your own eye." I explained gradually losing my temper.

"Rumors are rumors." He replied. I lost my mind hearing this from him. So I shouted at the top of my lungs letting my anger take over.

"NO JIYONG! YOU JUST CAN'T ACCEPT THE BARE FACT THAT SHE IS NOT FOR YOU! I EVEN BUMPED INTO HER SEVERAL TIMES WITH A GUY AND MY HUNCHES TURNED RIGHT! I EVEN TOLD YOU THE WHOLE STORY AND YET YOU JUST SAID THAT SHE'S NOT THAT KIND OF GIRL AND I WAS STUPIDLY CONVINCED THAT I REALLY NEED TO LIE JUST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY! NOW I'M GETTING CRANKY BECAUSE I HATE HOW YOU MISUNDERSTAND ME. I HATE HOW YOU STOOP DOWN SO LOW JUST TO BE WITH HER! Yes, Jiyong, I'm willing but could you just give a hint if you are really worth the wait?" I calmed down but my tears threatened to fall. My eyes are now b with tears I tried holding on last night.

"And basically that's the reason you made me a song?" He raised a brow at me expecting a good answer. I stood up and said,

"Well, no Mr. Sherlock. And it's purely dedicated to that bit-"

"Chaerin! That's just beyond your limitations." He growled. He never did that to me. Not once except now.

"What does she even have that I don't?" I asked knowing the answer. It was pretty obvious though. Of course, she has your-

"Heart. She has mine." That answer tore me apart as I sat on the couch again and hugged my knees repeating the same words over and over again:

"Why can't it just be me?"

It was a question that lingered on my mind while I was crying my heart out. You had me at hello yet you were never mine at the first place. I was totally in love with you right on the first day yet destiny decided to play with us.

"Perfect was just a word to describe us, we were once so strong yet she came along. There were words I wanted to say, those words to make you stay yet I decided not to speak up. I was so gullible to believe silence is the only way to resolve it. Jiyong why ?"

He sat beside me and decided to do something. He comforted and soothe my back. Silence embraced the room until a soft giggle was heard. I knew it was from her. It was irrating like a dog's loud and ceaseless barks. Her frank remarks will turn my head upside down. The giggle was followed by the sound of the door being unlocked and there she was, in another man's arm. Shock took over those 3 but to me it's nothing. I'm used to it already, why give a basket of ? I smirked and gave Jiyong a look and the other man ran away to who knows where. Fear might have crept up on him and he decided to escape reality. The song continued to play and as if on cue she decided to say smething,

"Jiyong, it's not-"

She stopped when she saw the horrifying look on Jiyong's face.

"No, just give me time. I know it's not what I think, but please, spcae is just what I needed the most now."

A sigh escaped his lips as I shouted.

"JIYONG YOU ARE SOOOOOOO DUMB! YOU JUST CAN'T ACCEPT EVERYTHING THAT'S IN FRONT OF YOU!"

My temper was now out of hand and Jiyong must be full of this crappy day.

"Get out."

"Thanks. I just waited for you to say that."

I reckoned. A tear accidentally slipped and fell. I quickly wiped it. I walked out of the room and closed the door not wanting to look back again.

The song halted to a stop, and I think our friendship did as well. But maybe I was wrong from the start. Maybe, it never started at all.