Holding Hands

Holding Hands

 

Changbum attempted to get out of the bed but he could feel himself being pulled back by an icy cold hand. "Rokhyunnie hyung, get out of bed. We have to go for vocal practice in like an hour." Changbum groaned sleepily and tugged on his hyung's hand, only to be pulled back onto the bed. He stared at Rokhyun's cute pout but tried his hardest not to fall for it. "5 more minutes Bummie~." Rokhyun sang and cuddled closer to Changbum, hand never letting go of the other's. Changbum gave up and adjusted himself next to the sleepy boy to be in a more comfortable position before brushing Rokhyun's fringe away from his eyes. 'Hyung, I really don't understand you.' Changbum thought as he glanced down at their clasped hands. 'What's so great about my hands?'.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Rokhyun yawned and tried to keep up with the pace of the rest of the guys as they walked back to their dorm. He was tired, hungry and freezing cold because he forgot to bring his gloves along. "Why is winter so cold?!" Rokhyun huffed and tried to warm his hands up by blowing his breath onto them. "Are you feeling cold?". Rokhyun turned towards the voice and nodded his head slightly. "Come here hyung." Changbum called over and pulled his hyung towards him. His own hands were clad in the knitted navy blue gloves his mom gave him as a farewell gift and he was covered from head to toe. Rokhyun was extremely jealous of how warm he looked. "Hold my hand, the glove will make you feel warm." Changbum beamed and entangled his fingers with Rokhyun's. "Your hands are REALLY REALLY tiny hyung. It's cute." Changbum chuckled and compared their hand sizes. Rokhyun blushed hard but managed to hide it by claiming he was just feeling chilly. He loved this, holding Changbum's hands in his. 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Changbum groaned as his legs gave way and he succumbed to the comfort of the gym floor. He had forced himself to do at least 25 chin ups, 80 pushups and 60 squats that he was now aching all over. His hands hurt from the rough surface of the floor and he felt cuts forming on his hand. "Oh god, Rokhyun hyung and Minwoo hyung are gonna kill me for hurtin myself again." Changbum sighed when he saw the deep bleeding gash on his palm. He hissed at the pain and went to the bathroom to wash off the blood. "What happened to your hand Bummie?". Changbum looked up at the mirror to see Rokhyun worriedly looking at him. "Nothing hyung, just a little scratch." Changbum said irritatedly. He didn't want to be rude to his best friend but he was really tired and Rokhyun could be a bit too worrisome at times. "That doesn't like a little scratch to me." Rokhyun mumbled and grabbed Changbum's hand carelessly, pressing against the cut which made Changbum shove him away and wince at the pain. "I-i'm s-sorry bummie." Rokhyun whimpered when he saw Changbum glare at him. "Just leave me alone! I can handle this myself." Changbum semi-yelled and pushed past Rokhyun roughly, not noticing that the elder was close to tears.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Neither of them talked to one another over the span of the next few weeks, or at least, Rokhyun didn't. Changbum constantly tried to hold hands with his hyung or talk to him casually but the elder would always flinch before walking away hastily. Changbum was utterly confused. What did he do wrong? "Ummmm, Changbummie, what's going on between you and Rokhyun?" Minwoo asked and stared at him with a glare. "Nothing, hyung." Changbum monotonously muttered and returned to the bowl of rice seated in front of him. "Not from what I heard. Do you know how much he has been crying the past few days?" Minwoo said venomously. Changbum stopped eating the moment he heard Minwoo speak. 'Crying? Is that why his eyes are so red and puffy every morning?" Changbum thought and turned to face his hyung. "What did he say to you hyung?". Minwoo smiled sadly and took a seat opposite him. "You know, he's been depressed about what you did in the gym. You may think it's small but it's huge for him. He always says, he wants to hold your hands, just to feel calm but he can't. He thinks he can't because he thinks that you are mad at him. He started thinking that when you shoved him in the toilet. The only way he can feel better is if you hold his hands because then, he'll feel at home and at peace. He treasures you the most....because he likes you. So, do the best you can to apologise or not I'm not letting you off the hook." Minwoo nagged before patting Changbum encouragingly on the shoulders. "Go for it!"
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Changbum stared at Rokhyun from the other end of the room before making his move. He grabbed his bagpack and grabbed onto Rokhyun's hand, dragging him out of the room. "C-changbum! What are you doing?!" Rokhyun yelled and tried pulling his hand out but gave up. They ended up at the rooftop of their building, looking over the sunset. "Rokhyun hyung, I'm really sorry." Changbum apologised and held onto Rokhyun's hand like how they always used to. "Sorry for what?" Rokhyun croaked, trying to get his voice back after all the running. "For making you think I was angry with you. I was just really tired and agitated. I wanna say thank you, for caring you know." Changbum awkwardly explained, hand still clinging on to the other's. Rokhyun smiled shyly when he felt the familiar warmth overwhelming him as his hand was clasped in Changbum's. He felt at home once more.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Rokhyun had become even more touchy over the weeks. He would say he missed home and cuddled with Changbum. However, he mostly held hands with Changbum. Every time he felt sad or frustrated, he'd go to Changbum's bed and hold his hand for hours, sometimes even falling asleep while doing so. "Hyung, I've always wondered, why do you like holding my hand?" Changbum asked as he played with Rokhyun's fingers, admiring how slender they were. Rokhyun hummed and his tummy to look at Changbum, a shy smile playing on his face. He batted his eye lashes for a bit and leaned it closer because he was too embarrassed to say it out aloud. "Your hands are the best things on Earth. Whenever I hold them, I feel at home. I feel safe." Rokhyun whispered and buried his face into his pillow, actually, it was Changbum's pillow.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Rokhyun grinned happily as he stared out at the crowd. He'd never get sick of this. Never. He turned to Changbum as he grabbed onto his hand before bowing. "Rokhyunnie hyung. I need to talk to you." Changbum whispered into his ear while they ran backstage, never letting go of his hand. "What about?" Rokhyun chirped, gulping down water afterwards. "Just wait. Meet me at the balcony in our dorm at 11:50pm. 11:50pm hyung." Changbum informed and went to get showered in the stalls the building offered for the idols. 11:40pm was soon there and Rokhyun was pacing around the dorm. "Should I be early? What if it's better to be on time instead?" He mumbled to himself and continued pacing around the dorm, annoying the younger ones with his noisy footsteps as they tried to sleep but failed. "HYUNG! Leave the room!" Sanghoon, Hyukjin and Chanyong all yelled at once, close to throwing things at him. He muttered apologies to them and took quick steps outside the room, into the living room. Jonghwan and Minwoo just stared at him as he bit on the ends of his nails and walked around in circles. "Oh god, he's making me dizzy." Jonghwan groaned and got up to go sleep his headache away, leaving the leader with the anxious male. "What's up with you?" Minwoo cutely asked as he rolled on the sofa lazily towards Rokhyun. "Changbum says he wants to talk. What could he possibly want to say to me?! What if he's annoyed with me because of how much I like holding his hands? What if he wants to tell me off while you guys sleep?! Oh, what if he wants to tell me how much he hates me?!" Rokhyun cried and dropped onto the armchair in defeat. Minwoo merely chuckled at the nervous wreck sitting in front of him and threw a pillow at him. "Chill down man! I don't think he'd ever say that to you. He adores you too much and he would never hate you Rokhyun. Heck, no one could hate you with a face like that. Plus, it's your birthday remember?" Minwoo cheered and bro-hugged his fellow member in an attempt to calm him down. "What time is it?" Rokhyun whispered. "11:57pm." Minwoo mumbled monotonously as he played Anipang on his phone. "Oh god I'm late!" Rokhyun yelled, earning angry replies from the other members who were woken up by his screaming. Minwoo just gave him a push into the balcony and walked into his room to give Rokhyun and Changbum some privacy. Rokhyun was even more nervous now. He felt as though he was going to faint.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Rokhyun stared in awe at the ground. Pink, white and red rose petals were scattered all over the wooden flooring, candles were lined up around the outline of the balcony and small white lanterns hung from the ceiling. "W-what the hell?" Rokhyun mumbled and took a step further, seeing a small coffee table with a cake on it. Strawberries were arranged in a circle on the white icing of the cake and his name was spelt out with chocolate dots. "Happy Birthday to you~, happy birthday to you, to my dear Rokhyunnie hyung, Happy Birthday to you!" Changbum sang and urged Rokhyun to blow the candles. He clapped happily as Rokhyun thanked him with a smile. "What's all this for?" Rokhyun asked and tilted his head like a puppy. "For your birthday. You didn't even get to celebrate it properly and I wanted it to be only the two of us. Also, I have something to say to you." Changbum shyly muttered and cut the small cake for the two of them. "It's strawberry cake, your favourite." Changbum smiled and took a seat next to Rokhyun. "What did you want to talk about?". Changbum remained silent despite Rokhyun asking a question and just continued eating his cake. He blushed brightly when he looked and saw icing smudged on his lips. He fought a battle with his head and soon gave up. He leaned in slowly, pausing for a moment when he felt their noses touch before inching closer and pressing his lips against Rokhyun's slowly. He let his tongue dart out and the icing of the other's mouth. The taste of strawberries mixed with chocolate and Changbum continued kissing him, harder this time. Rokhyun was completely confused at first but gave in and kissed back. He nibbled on Changbum's lower lip before travelling further, letting his tongue explore Changbum's warm cavern. The kiss was purely sweet and full of love. Exactly how Changbum wanted it to be. They separated but let their foreheads touch as they caught their breaths. "I love you." Rokhyun muttered against Changbum's lips and a bright shade of pink dusted his cheeks. Changbum chuckled at his hyung's cute behaviour and leaned in again but just for a soft peck. "I love you too, hyung. I want to be there for you, I don't want my hands to be the only thing that makes you feel loved. I want to make you safe, not only my hands." Changbum replied and pecked Rokhyun's forehead. "Will you be mine?" Changbum asked, maintaining the eye contact with his hyung. "Of course." Rokhyun chuckled and pulled the other into a hug. 
 
"I won't only love your hands now. I'll love you, everything about you." Rokhyun smiled and leaned his forehead on the other's shoulders. "I still love your hands the most though." Rokhyun laughed lightly before continuing. "I love holding your hands, they make me feel at home."
 
 
A/N: what is this fluffy thing I'm writing?! Not used to writing so much fluff! Hope you guys liked it ^_^ and do promote my story on tumblr, aff, twitter or anywhere else because I'd love it if you guys could <3 Thanks for supporting me and I'll try to write more oneshots :D VOTE FOR MY STORY SO IT CAN BE A FEATURED STORY TOO ^-^ LOVE YOUUUUU~ Follow my tumblr: jjangintae.tumblr.com :DD Does anyone here like Cross Gene? Need more Cross Gene fans in this world! ANDDDDD, YOU GUYS CAN REQUEST 100% ONESHOTS IF YOU WANT ANY MORE ^~^
 
-Hannah