150 Watt Iced Coffee

Falling For Fate

First Mai chapter ^^ I liked it a lot. She's a much faster updater than I am XD. So I hope you enjoy this chapter-- please leave lot's o' love for My Oh Mai ^.^
 

 

Written: Mangooey
Edited: Nona93

Chapter 2

Maline’s POV

“Well, this is it,” I said as I tossed my car keys into a little jar. Around the apartment, there were boxes still lying around, ready to be picked up for the next day. It was empty now, with only futons rolled up in the spare bedroom and a large sofa in the living room.

“Very spacious,” Fiona said looking around with satisfaction. I started to laugh along with her.

“Are you hungry from the trip?” I set down my iced coffee down on the counter as Fiona followed me in the kitchen. “I have left over Chinese, but I don’t think you want any of that. Oh! We can order out, again….Nona, are you listening?”

I turned around to see Fiona gazing out the blinds. I stood next to her, crossing my arms. “I’m just taking one last glimpse before we set our feet on a different country. I wish I visited you before, this view is so pretty.”

It truly was. There was the view of the bay and the bridge far off. I am going to miss the mornings waking up to that. “Yeah, but I think Seoul will be ten times better than San Francisco.”

She nods her head. “You’re right. Anyway, yeah takeout sounds fine.”

“So I was wrong, you were listening. Great! We can go to Chinatown!”

--

It was late at night already; my body snuggled under the covers of the futon. I could hear Fiona snoring from the living room; at least she was sleeping peacefully. I kept thinking of what was happening throughout the day. I saw my best friend, which I was excited about. Now I was thinking about how we were both going to live the Seoul dream. My stomach started to do cartwheels from the thought of it. My mind then drifted towards the 150 watt smile I saw today.

“I’m not going to see him again,” I say quietly before I pulled the covers over my face.

--

It was early in the morning that we arrived at the airport. It was crowded with people on a Saturday. I was trying hard not to lose Fiona, who seemed more confused than I did. The familiar setting of the airport brought back memories from seeing Fiona and hugging her till she turned blue and meeting Mr. Kim.

“Let’s get iced coffee before we go,” I suggested as we stopped in front of a Starbucks. I could tell Fiona was craving for one herself. We both paid for an iced coffee before taking a seat outside on a black chained bench.

“This is so exciting,” Fiona said with so much enthusiasm. “We are going to be in Seoul in t-minus 15 hours!”

“It doesn’t seem so long,” I say to her.
“No, it doesn’t, actually, but we do cross the International Date Line, which could totally mess up our sleeping patterns,” she added randomly.

 There was slight silence between us until I spoke up. “Do you think we’ll see Mr. Kim again?”

 He said he was going to Seoul, right? Maybe we’ll catch him on the streets,” Fiona said, giving me the slightest hope. She patted me on the shoulder.

“But Seoul is big.” I took a sip of my iced coffee.

“Anything can happen, if you believe!” She spread out her arms along with a huge grin plastered on her face.

“The plane for Seoul, South Korea will be taking off in 10 minutes,” said the announcer on the intercom.

“Oh! That’s us!” I jumped up before grabbing Fiona’s hand and running towards our gate.

“Wait, wait! Let me finish my iced coffee!”

 --

Our plane liner was Korea Air. There were some fancy slippers stuck in the back of our seats, along with eye masks and headphones. There were televisions built into the back of the seats which provided American shows and even Korean shows. We took our seats comfortably, putting on the slippers. The flight attendants were charming, as always, wearing their blue attendant suits with a scarf tied around their necks.

“Can we help you to any beverages?” the lady asks us, with a cart filled with many beverages.

“Mm, do you have iced coffee?” Fiona inquired, even though we had just 10 minutes ago.

“I’m sorry, but we don’t. We do have Starbuck brand beverages and I can give you ice,” she said with a grin.

“Yes please. Make that two.” We give her our award winning Oscar smiles before she giving us two chilled glass cased Starbucks beverage and two cups filled with ice.

“I’m so glad you were able to get tickets for Korea Air. Let’s take this plane often.” Fiona lay back in her seat before sipping her coffee. She turned the television on in front of her, catching an episode of Glee.

 I, on the other hand, decided it was a nice time to sleep. I easy fell asleep with the earplugs in my ears and once I knew it, Nona was poking me in the face whispering “We’re in Seoul.”