Dear Butterfly ...

Dear Butterfly ...

 

The bright, shiny light of the sun shoots into the curtains of the bright, pink wallpapered room. It was very odd since the curtains have been pulled afar; giving the permission for the outside light to permanently enter. By the moment, the sun has giving its best to shine itself thoroughly.

KRING! KRING!

Although the sound of the alarm clock seemed rather formal, but it was modified to a very soft sound, giving the sleeper a very pleasant start to wake up for the day coming. She gently pokes out her arm from the blanket she’s wearing, stopping the alarm clock from continuous ringing.

She then sat up straight, pulled her blanket down, revealing her face; her pink pursued lips curled into a smile. “21st March” she spoke to herself silently, grinning not too widely. 21st March had always been a remarkable date of hers, not because it was her birthday, but it was all because the arrival of her favourite season of the year, spring.

All about spring that she loved, was the panorama of the bright coloured flowers, looked as if scattering the whole world. The blue sky of the day brought so much happiness to her; she could simply look above then take a view of the birds, flying over her head.

She daintily yawned, controlling herself from alacrity. She throws over her blanket; stand by both of her feet, then set herself for the new start of the day.

 

                                                                                                          Page Divders

 

“Mm, I’m so full by now!” she said, making circles on her stomach, signing that she is full by the time. The stuff that is placed right in front of her was a plate of toast, trying her combination of mixing the flavours at the same time; chocolate, banana and strawberry. But thankfully, she toast turned out to be good, too well to spoil it all over. To her, the breakfast that she made for herself was scrumptious. She got up from the dining table, washed the dishes then took a bath. She then changed into a new cloth, a white lace dress with ruffles of pink silk around the neck. The pink belt that she wore by her waist draws perfection towards her look.

She got into her shoes, flats to be exact, opened the door and step outside. Although she is still 16 years old, the age where people call ‘sweet and immature’, she made to stand up by herself, living alone in a house. Her parents don’t ignore her, but they lived overseas since her father is a business man, travelled around the world with her mother. She decided to stay in her hometown, although risking herself living alone.

She took her first three steps outside, then closed the front door and locked it. She turned around gracefully, and felt the windy breeze crawling over her fair face. She closed her eyes and thought “How wonderful. Thank god that I had a chance to enjoy this moment.”

She walked, tapping her feet happily then set off to a park near her house.

 

                                                                                                        Page Divders

 

 

“Eh? I’m alone at the park?” she asked herself, pouting. She wasn’t afraid to be alone at the park, but defining the statement that she’s alone by that time was a bit, weird.

“Oh well, never mind” she sang, then smiled happily. She danced and twirled around, feeling much cooler by the breeze she made. She then cracked into a laugh, thought happily to enjoy such a pleasant day.

And so time passes by, she wandered alone at the park. She doesn’t seem to be bored because she really enjoyed the view of the bright flowers, which succeed in making her heart to lighten. She dances her heart out, smiled happily until…

She stopped after seeing something that really caught her eyes. Something very peculiar. And special.

She saw a bush with very beautiful roses. But the roses was not the same rose that she used to see, but the rose was compilation of soft colours that melts her heart; it was a pink, red and white rose.

She walked towards the bush, and then tried to smell the fragrance of the flowers.

Unfortunately, she failed. Why? It was all because of a very pretty butterfly that stayed on the petal of the unique flower. The butterfly was purple, and has pink and white dots on its wings which made it totally beautiful on top the flower.

Although she felt a bit unhappy, but she felt very pleased to see the butterfly on top of the flower.

But the view she saw in front of her eyes, made her mind to flick her memory, three years ago…

                                                                                                           Page Divders

*Flashback*

 

”Omma, won’t you be outside watching the fireworks?” she cooed to her mother in her small voice which belonged to the 13 year-old her. “Nope, I think I might be staying here with your dad” her mother replied, smiling softly to her only child, her only daughter. Hearing that statement, she simultaneously changed her face, from happy to sad. She always wanted to watch the fireworks with someone that she loved, especially her mother. “Oh, don’t be sad, my dear. You can go to the park to see the firework if you would love to” her mother replied, caressing her daughter’s beautiful face. “Okay” she replied weakly. So she got into her flats, and then walked towards the park.

It was a dark and cold night, thankfully surrounded by the bright lights of the stars. It could’ve been much realistic if the road lights don’t exist and in the beautiful view. She walked in intermediate beat, not too fast but not too slow. Her hands in her pockets, she pouted, “I wish I could’ve just had watched it with omma” she thought sadly. But still, she moved on and thought that it might be better if she watched it by herself.

There she goes again, wandering alone at the park. But since it was night, she couldn’t help herself but to shiver by the coldness of the night. She then walked towards the centre of the park, where the bushy trees were parted; completely showing the scene of the night sky.

She stopped her moves, and then smiled to herself. What she’d do next was to wait for a few minutes, until the firework flies. So she twirled around, giving her best to occupy her time. But she stopped when she saw a bush of very beautiful roses. A combination of pink, white and red.

She looked by her side, from left to right. “Uh? So it seems that this is the only bush that had this kind of roses?” she asked herself. Yes, indeed, it was the only bush that had the kind of roses.

So she walked much closer towards the bush, and then tried to sniff the scent of rose. The scent was so pleasing; no words could be able to resemble it.

DANG! DANG!

Shocked by the very loud sound, she looked above. DANG! It burst once again. She smiled and pleased to see the sparks of the fireworks drawing on the dark sky.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Footsteps appear by her back. She automatically whirled her head around to see the feet tapper.

It was a boy, probably the same age as her. He is wearing a black jacket and a pair of grey baggy pants. He has very long and thick eyelashes; his blonde hair was tousled to the front, making her to think that he is pretty cute. And his eyes were twinkling and sparkling by the light of the firework.

Feeling that she is looking at him, he directly looked at her. But she turned back, not want to be realised looking at him. He just smiled and to lessen the awkwardness between them, he walked towards her, and then held out his hand. “I’m Luhan” he introduced himself, smiling.

She smiled back, and then held out her hand to shake his. “I’m ________” After that, the both of them didn’t say a thing, but just look above, enjoying the view of the fireworks.

Little that they didn’t notice, there was a butterfly that was just stay on the rose, fly by their eyes.

*End Of Flashback*

 

                                                                                                        Page Divders

 

The memory was still in her mind, she didn’t even know why. But she can’t seem to forget his eyes, the sparkling eyes under the firework…

She don’t know why, but it feels like her heart made her do so; she interlaced her right hand with the other and, although she felt it to be odd, but she simultaneously made a wish, right in front of the butterfly.

“Dear butterfly, please bring us back to the place our eyes first met-“she whispered under her breath.

“Because, I don’t know why, but I always feel empty, hurt and hate after that moment vanish-“

“Was it because, I love him at first sight?”

She finished it with a question, and then slowly opened her eyes. She finally let her thoughts out. Then, the butterfly that stayed on the rose, fly away.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

The sound sounds familiar to her. She whipped her head around to see a guy, exactly in her age.

“Was it … him?” a thought filling her mind.

“A-annyeonghaseyo, I’m Luhan” he smiled sheepishly, rubbing his neck.

She smiled. “I’m ________” she replied.

KRING KRING KRING!

Both of them twirled around. It was the ice-cream man ringing his bell. By that time, kids had already surrounded the guy.

Both of them smiled, and then Luhan said, breaking the temporary silence “Want a treat?”

“Sure!” she smiled sheepishly and both of them set off to the ice-cream man.

In her heart, that she only knows deeply say:

Can never forget your shining eyes, under the fireworks that dark night

I can't hide it anymore, gonna tell you that

I fell in love with you at that moment

The reason why I always feel empty and hated you at times - because I loved you

Thanks, butterfly.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N : How is it good? Sorry if it's too long. Hope you like it! -MINNY