The Fourth Wish

Timeless Paradise

The next day, Violet basically jumped on top of Roo to wake her up.

"Wakey wakey~! Time for a new day" she screamed

"Violet~! What do you want?!" Roo pushed Violet off her and groaned. "It's" she looked at the clock in the bedside table and she fell back down as she realized the hour "ONLY FIVE IN THE MORNING"

Violet rubbed her head and groaned. "Well, today's gift must start early since it's quite far away." 

Roo sat up and scratched her head. "Violet, I hate you"

Violet continued to rub her head. "Eh, I love you, too. Now get up and let's go"

With one last deep groan, Roo got up from bed grumpily, shooting glares at Violet and yelling out cuss words at her.


"How come Yesung gets to stay in the hotel sleeping and I don't?!" Roo complained while they were on the bus on their way to God-knows-where.

"Because, well, he's a boy. And this is a girls thing, okay?" Violet asked, a tone of annoyance in the edge of her voice.

Roo blew her fangs out of her face in frustration and crossed her arms. The ride from the hotel to their destination was long since it was a three hour ride, after all. Roo got even more annoyed by the minute until she decided to sleep in Violet's lap on the way there.

'Day 136: 7 am. The subject is in a bad mood once again. Note- to- self: Never wake her up early.. again'

Once they got there, Violet shook Roo awake. Roo rubbed her eyes sleepily and yawned.

"W-Whaa.." Roo looked around and gasped at the sight.

It was a beautiful resort. It had souvenir shops, a whole street to walk around, and a spa~! The name was Kusatsu Onsen. Roo got out of the taxi and looked around. 

Violet payed the man and then got out of the taxi, holding her tourist map. She started reading in Japanese slowly.

"Kusatsu Osen.. is.. one of Japan's.." Violet started

Roo took the guide from her and started reading out loud. "Kusatsu Onsen is one of Japan's famous hot spring resorts and is blessed with large volumes of high quality hot spring water said to cure every illness but... lovesickness." she scrunched her nose. "Well, that's unforuntate" she threw the guide back and Violet picked it up. "Fortunately for us, we are not lovesick, am I right?" 

"Uh.." Violet stuttered.

"We are not" Roo smiled proudly and placed her hands on her hips. "Well, I guess this is what I need. A peaceful day~! Come on, now. A spa is waiting for us" she said and started walking to the entrance.

"Ah.. yeah~!"


"Well known as a hot spring resort for many centuries, Kusatsu's fame was further boasted by German doctor Erwin von Baelz, who served at the imperial court in the late 1800s and recommended Kusatsu for its water's health benefits." Violet read proudly since she had finally found a korean guide. They were receiving a tour from one of the desk-ladies who looked like she was in her late 20s. She knew both Japanese and Korean, to Violet's luck. Roo was looking around with a big smile. 

"Violet, let the lady do all the speaking" Roo said, grabbing her purse's strap tightly.

The lady chuckled. "Oh, it's alright"

Violet inserted the guide inside her purse and smiled innocently at both of them. 

The lady continued speaking about each room of the spa, which was huge. Violet took out the guide out of her purse and quietly read what it said in her mind since she found what it said way more interesting than what the lady was saying.

"Kusatsu is situated at an altitude of 1200 meters above sea level in the mountains of Gumma Prefecture, and offers skiing in winter and hiking during the rest of the year to be enjoyed in combination with hot spring bathing. Kusatsu is also located along Japan's Romantic Road."

Violet looked up from her guide and wondered if it was a bad idea that she hadn't brought Yesung along. The guide also said that most Japanese people found the love of their lives here. She felt anxious as she took out her phone. She was about to dial Yesung when she bumped into someone.  The person was carrying towels and they all fell on her.

"Oh, gosh, Violet you clutz~!" Roo rolled her eyes

"Oh no, I am so terribly sorry, miss" the lady said then she turned to the towel boy. "Onew~!" she hissed

Violet removed the towels out of her face and managed to take a glimpse of the boy. The boy, Onew, was staring back at her.

"You pick this mess up" the lady hissed, helping Violet stand up. Then, she lead them away. 

Violet looked back at this Onew guy and a small smile crept through her face. Onew waved at her with a towel in his hand, a small smile of his own creeping through his face.


"Oh, that tour was splendid~! Why couldn't we stay in this resort instead? Oh~! Where should we go first?" Roo asked eagerly pulling on to Violet's arm.

Violet was looking into thin air with a blank expression. She couldn't stop thinking about the towel boy.

Roo noticed this and nudged her. "Uff, I get it~! Clutz have a thing for clutz" Roo giggled "If you want I'll go on with my day while you look for.. the love of your life?"

Violet shook her head vigorously. "It's your birthday, Roo-Unnie~! I'll be sure to spend it entirely with you"

"Are you sure?" Roo asked carefully

Violet hesitated but then nodded. "Let's go to the massages section first"

Roo nodded, took Violet's arm, and excitedly led her to the massaging room and whatever was inside.


It had been a long day. Roo had succesfully gained the relaxing time Violet was aiming for. Every time Violet would try to talk to Roo, Roo would just shush her by holding a finger up with eyes closed. 

"It's relaxing time..." she'd say

"Leave me alone.." she'd say

"I'm reaching my relaxing point.." she'd say

And Violet, of course, stayed shut. They were walking back outside to the bus stop when Roo took Violet's arm and dragged her to a souvenir shop. Roo gasped at every little object she saw.

'Day 136: 7 pm. The subject gets amazed easily after getting her relaxing time..... Must try this again sometime'

"Look at this beautiful piece of art" Roo said holding up a little chibi doll. 

"But didn't you hate her?" Violet asked

"Yes, yes I do" Roo said with a sinister smile on her face. "The horrible things I will do to you, Misa~!" 

"That's really nice, Roo but I think we must go now--" Violet started but something caught her eye. "Oh~! Look! That looks just like.. Just like..." 

"Violet, you're delusional.." Roo facepalmed

"But look at it~! Looks just like you and Yesung~!" Violet squealed as she grabbed both of the dolls up.

"The boy looks like a girl.." Roo said

Violet ignored Roo's comment. "There's you with your little frown" Violet tickled the doll as if it would come to life and laugh.  "And there's Yesung.. Always beside you.." her voice trailed off "I AM SO BUYING THIS~!" she yelled and ran to the counter.

Roo laughed and followed her to the counter, holding her chibi doll.

"All I'm saying is that you're crazy, Violet" Roo laughed

"I'm not the one paying for a cute doll to make horrible things to it just because the character in the show was horrible" Violet shrugged

"Urgh, fine" Roo rolled her eyes and looked away. 

"I'd like to pay for these" Violet said when it was finally their turn. She placed the dolls on the counter and the boy behind the counter started putting them in bags. 

Violet looked up to see the same towel boy from earlier that day. She gasped and the boy looked up in panic and dropped one of the dolls. 

"U-Uh.. mianhe" Onew apologized, surprisingly speaking Korean. "Is there.. something wrong?"

Roo looked back to the two and smirked. 

"I-I.. No, please continue" Violet said trying to keep calm.

"This is your total" Onew said pointing at the screen. 

Violet handed him the money and took her bag. "T-Thank you.."

Roo started to follow her donsaeng before she stopped in her tracks, turned around to see Onew sighing sadly, and then running back to the counter.

"Toyko. Hotel Sunroute Plaza" Roo whispered

Onew looked up in surprise. "Bwoah?"

"Shhh~! Keep your voice down" Roo placed her delicate finger on Onew's lips "That's where me and my cute friend are staying. You should stop by some time. Make it soon beacuse we're leaving on Sunday" Roo whispered

Onew nodded. "Kamsa.." he said through Roo's lips.

"No need to thank me. Gotta run~!" Roo whispered before running away to Violet.


 

First Wish- Go to Japan 

Second Wish- Guitar 

Third Wish- Tallness (High Heels) 

Fourth Wish- More Time By Herself (..Spa) 

"Check~!" Violet said as she happily checked off yet another wish. She sighed in content. "Oh, do I love checklists~!" 

Roo and Violet were now on their way back to the hotel in a bus.

"Violet, you're amazingly and extraordinarily weird and I just adore that about you" Roo said giving her a tight hug.

Violet awkwardly took her tape recorder out while staring at Roo with confusion.

'Day 136: 8pm. The subject is terribly sick. She is showing human feelings'

"Roo, are you alright? Do you need a doctor?" Violet asked

Roo laughed once Violet had put her recorder back in her backpack.

"Violet, you're so silly." Roo giggled

"You are giggling and that is not natural at all. Not around me, at least" Violet raised her eyebrow.

"Let me be, okay? I just had an amazing day because of my amazing donsaeng. And now I'm sleepy. Wake me up when we get there" Roo said wrapping her arms around Violet's arm and then falling asleep.

Violet scrunched her nose and looked out the window, pictures of the cute towel boy replaying in her mind. 

 


 

 
Author's Note
Oh, please don't hit me. I know I'm a horrible author ; - ; 
Oh, yeah, don't worry. It's not going to be all about Onew/Violet (Vionew) now. It's just a small introduction to it since it's my Unnie's ship (Roo, it will ship, I tell you) and idk I guess it'd make her happy to have it here? Or.. not? I don't really know. But believe me, next two chapters will contain quite a lot of Roo/Yesung(Yeshin). That is all~! Hope you enjoyed this chapter :3
SARANGHAE MY LOVELY READERS~!