Old Friend

We Don't Want To Get Married

 

 

* ON IU’S SIDE *

It has been a month after their family trip to Geojedo Island. After a month leaving her office, she is now back to her position as an executive manager in Loan department at Seoul International Bank.

With her table full of unreview files, she need to finish all her work as soon as possible as some clients have their due deadlines. In order to finish her work, she needs to work for overtime.

“Miss, I just want to remind you that you will be having a meeting with Mr Doojoon from Woo Architechture Company at Hwang Restaurant,” IU’s secretary voices coming out from the intercom that was placed on her table.

‘Oh my god! How can I forget about the meeting? I had promised Joon for lunch!’ IU thought. She then took her phone out from her drawer.

“Joon-ahhh. It’s me. I can’t make it later. I am so sorry. I got meeting with client at 11.30. Let’s just go for lunch tomorrow. Is that alright?” she spoke as Lee Joon answered her call.

“It’s okay babe. I might be going out with client tomorrow. Alright, we’ll just see each other at home later. Go home early. I miss you so much!” Lee Joon answered.

“Thanks. I miss you too. Bye.” With that, they ended their call.

*****

********

*****

As soon as IU arrived at Hwang Restaurant, she asked the waiter weither Mr Doojoon from Woo Architechture Company has arrived or not.

“Please follow me, miss,” the waiter replied as she brought IU to a table that was occupied by a familiar guy.

“Ahnyong..... Woongie?!! What are you doing here?” IU greeted happily in surprised as she met her childhood friend again.

“Hello. IU-shii! Sorry, I have to replace Doojoon as he can’t make it. How are you? I haven’t met you since you left France.It’s nice to meet you again,” Wooyoung spoke out cheerfully. He was IU’s long lost childhood bestfriend and after their lost they met again at the watch shop back in France during IU and Joon’s honeymoon.

“Oh yeah! I am fine. I thought I won’t meet you again. I forgot to ask for your contact number last time. So how are you doing?”

After discussing about their work, they keep on continuing to chat, changing stories about each others life. Wooyoung keep on story telling about his girlfriend. It’s been a long time they didn’t meet and ofcourse there were many stories that they want to share with each other.

“Kyah! I think I should go back to office now. Maybe we can go out again next time. I can bring my husband and you bring your girlfriend,” IU suggested.

“Good idea. I’ll give you a call!!” he said. After exchanging their phone numbers, they went out of the restaurant going their own way.

And without they know, someone was actually watching over them with a camera on that person’s hand.

*****

********

*****

Five days after,

“IU, I’ll be coming home late tonight. I have some work to do. I am so sorry. I’ll go back as soon as I’m done with my work. Okay, honey?” Lee Joon spoke through out IU’s phone speaker.

“Alright. Just do not over work yourself. You want me to go there to accompany you?” she asked nicely. Her husband has always worked over time. He always comes back home late and going to work early in the morning. She tried to understand him. His husband is a very busy man ever since he has become the director of Seoul Hotel.

“No. It’s okay. You just have your rest at home. I know you are tired too. Thanks. I got to go now. I love you.”

“Love you too.” After hanging up, IU continue to do her overloaded work.

After two hours working, she started to pack her things getting ready to go home. She was about to leave her office when her handphone ringed. “Habuseyo?”

“Hi. Is this IU?” a voice asked through the phone.

“Oh yes. Who am I speaking with?” she asked trying to act friendly.

“Yah! IU-yahhh! It’s me Wooyoung!” he told her. “Are you free now? I need someone to talk with,” he continued with his low voice.

“Is something happen?” IU asked as she realised Wooyoung’s voice was different. “Where are you now?”

She arrived on time at a place that was told by Wooyoung. As soon as she spoted Wooyoung sitting alone at the corner of that coffee house, she immediately approached him.

“Hello!” she greeted cheerfully. “Is something wrong with you?” she asked as Wooyoung responsed her greetings with his sad voice.

“Ohh it’s nothing. I just need someone to chat with. I miss you so much, besttie!” He denied.

“Pfffftttt! As if I will trust you. So what’s up?” she asked try not to forced him. She knows, he will tell her sometime on matter what happen.

After ordering their drinks and some dessert, they continue to chit chat until Wooyoung finally spoke out his problem, “Well, I got fight with my girlfriend.”

“What’s wrong? You know that I am always here if you what to tell me your problem, right? I’ll try to help if you need any,” IU gives him her support.

“Thanks IU! You are the best!” he hugs IU happily. And IU immediately broke the hug afraid it will lead to misunderstanding since she is a married woman. Eventhough they were bestfriend, but no one knows their relationship. It’s not like ‘He is my bestfriend’ are stamped on Wooyoung’s head.

“Anyway, your girlfriend is the one that mistakenly took my luggage back in France, right?” she asked.

“Hell NO!!” he replied. “Oh yeah! Speaking of that devil, we are no longer together after few days we met you and your husband. Well, she cheated on me with some guy,” he continued.

“Sorry about that. I didn’t know,” IU apologised. And suddenly she remembered the scene where she saw Eunjung and her husband hugging at Taeshi Spa few months ago. ‘Oh god! Please don’t say she cheated on Woongie because of Joon!’ she thought worriedly and tried not to think bad about her husband.

“IU-ahhh?? Are you okay? You look pale.”

“Huhhh? I’m fine,” she shuddered as she touched her face while Wooyoung still staring at her weirdly.

They continued to chat til late at night until IU asked for a leave.

That was not the last time they met. From that day, they regularly going out but whenever they go out, Jiyeon, Wooyoung’s girlfriend will join them. Jiyeon was actually misunderstood about Wooyoung and IU’s relationship. And whenever IU went out with the two and asked Lee Joon to accompany her, he is always busy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Omooo!! What will happen???

Just wait for the next chapter. Hehehe.

<3 HERSHEY