Pretty Boys

My Sandwich Is Talking To Me

 

The following day came and it was sunnier and hotter than the usual weather in South Korea. Leeyoung desperately needed to put on some deodorant as she forgot majority of her belongings at her old house and Gahee cleared out her room and therefore the bathroom attached to it.

“Stop applying make up Key, you have no one to impress,” Leeyoung exclaimed to Key who was hogging the bathroom. She pressed her ear against the cool surface of the bathroom door and then knocked on it violently.

“Stop that,” Key answered calmly from inside the bathroom, he was presumably applying BB cream to his face. 

“Hurry uh-uh ACHOO!” She sneezed and sniffled like a rabbit when the door opened and Key came out with eye liner on his unblemished face and even wore lip gloss.

“What?” she asked with annoyance at his stare again.

“Oh my God you’re a girl.” He acknowledged after witnessing her involuntary ‘cute’ sneeze.

Leeyoung stared back at him stoically. It had become quite a routine to exchange intense glares while it was only them two who occupied the house. Just like it was to order pizza for dinner or not come home at all after school. The door slammed shut on his face.

“Your things arrived by the way,” Key scowled, turning to walk away.

“What things?” Leeyoung cleared the foggy mirror with the baggy t-shirt she just stripped off and pranced around in her bra and black and yellow Bart Simpson boxer shorts.

“There are only guitars here, is that all you got?” he asked, examining each of the different types of guitars.

“Hold on a sec!” Her eyes drifted around the shelves looking for what she needed; the deodorant.

Well Key’s going to kill me if I use his… But I stink like crap.

She took the cologne in her hand and sprayed it on her wrist and took a whiff. Leeyoung made a gagging noise and threw the cologne away and it landed in the bath tub. She clutched her chest, frightened by her own shadow reflecting in the morning sun. Leeyoung swung the bathroom door open to get the stench out of the room, and exhaled noisily, stepping towards her four guitars that stood in front of the door way in their individual stands.

“Key, please keep in mind that I walked out of the house with only my school bag and a half-eaten sandwich.” She picked up her creamy brown acoustic-electric guitar then sat down on the cool white tiles and began strumming somewhat serenely.

“These are the treasures that comfort me whenever I am bored or in pain,” she lightly began humming to Lalala by Standing Egg, “even now, from now they’re always with me.”

“Ah,” Key acknowledged, tying his shoelaces on the half empty shoe bench.

“Ugh also, I have detention today so don’t wait up.”


English class initiated after recess; a private discussion of the cases and circumstances of , which were all irrelevant to the English comprehension tasks they were assigned.

“What is with all these ing disgusting es and men girls!?” hissed Minzy fiercely.

“And boys.” Leeyoung said while fanning herself by flipping the pages of her book on playwrights. 

“OK. That’s even weirder.” Yoseob shuddered.

“YES,” Minzy got cut off by the warning their teacher gave her, and said in a low tone “that is indeed weird—we should just go around guys and see how they like it! Let’s go around hate-ing the out of them! FUUUU-” her passionate speech instantly got cut off again, but by Leeyoung this time.

“How does one exactly a male?” Leeyoung inquired.

“Ehh?” Yoseob’s eyes were threatening to pop out of their sockets.

But before Minzy could go into detail about sodomy, Hyosung whizzed past them and put her text books down. “What are you jokers talking about now, statutory ?” she joked. They all twitched a bit at the amount of truth in her sentence and she grasped their uncomfortable situation again and sat down with a stunned face.

English: the only class where you’re encouraged and expected to talk about in detail.

“Hey L.Joe, let me borrow your deodorant for a second,” Leeyoung urged.

He got out two different brands of male deodorant from his bag. “Which one?”

“Both,” she replied, taking the cans from him and left the classroom afterward.

Leeyoung power-walked out of English with the big spray cans of deodorant. She carelessly sprayed it onto the neck of her school blouse then smelled it briefly before spraying it all over her body. “Smells good,” she nodded approvingly. Mr.Kim walked in at that exact moment, giving her the side-eye.

“Leeyoung, deodorants like those are highly flammable in this particular area of the school,” he warned, “and I thought you had withdrawn from your pyromaniac ways.” He tutted away as Yoseob walked in with a snigger directed at Leeyoung and she sat down, suspiciously putting the deodorant back into her bag. She realised that she always looked suspicious whenever Mr.Kim was there; it was like he had some magical ability to walk into every dumb thing she did.

In eighth grade it was Leeyoung who set the school cafeteria on fire after assembling a marshmallow bonfire in the room without a fire alarm. In ninth grade it was Leeyoung's experiment in the girl's bathroom at camp that cost her whole class a week without showers. In tenth grade it was Leeyoung who infiltrated the staff room just to borrow some sugar, and came out with ashes on her face, and a burning building behind her.  

Junhyung leaned forward over his desk and randomly sniffed Leeyoung’s hair. 

“Heyyy,” he slurred, “I smell like you.”        

“Go back to sleep Junhyung,” Leeyoung retorted, scooting her chair closer to Nana’s. Without hesitation he went back to sleep, drooling from the corner of his mouth.

The smell of the deodorant engulfed the entire classroom by the time Biology finished and Leeyoung was to blame for the excess pheromones that also came as a result. In the hallways as Leeyoung passed by, the first years that were in charge of Junhyung’s fan club, Dani and Ahreum, mistook the male scent for their oppa and ran and tackled him to the floor. Leeyoung’s eyes enlarged as she slithered out of the way to prevent herself from causing any more mayhem.


Leeyoung tapped her foot repeatedly, spraying the entire second bottle of L.Joe’s deodorant around her clothes and hair again. The teacher who had the detention students that afternoon was a substitute teacher; Mrs.Kwon Yuri.

“Peeee-u, it stinks in here. Can we get some air in here ladies?” Mrs.Kwon clicked her fingers at Sulli and Krystal who were in the year below Leeyoung. They were the notorious trouble-makers of their year level and made frequent trips to the detention room after school. They had pretty faces, good skin and long legs, but their attitudes kept them isolated from the rest of their classmates, and were soon labeled as the ‘Ice Princesses’ of their year level. They grunted and got up to lift up the latches of the windows one by one.

Leeyoung’s eyes widened at the air that just rushed in and froze in her seat for a moment before regaining her conscience back. It was time to escape.

“I’ll be back students; I just need to get some tissues. Toilet breaks are allowed, but just be back when I’m back.” Mrs.Kwon walked out of the classroom just as Minzy had predicted. She always went to get tissues during class. Once the teacher left, the room went rowdy again and Leeyoung made a run for it, she stood up from her chair, crawled under and climbed over tables and finally reached the open window. She breathed in then breathed out, “Ahh the smell of freedom,” and then inhaled again.

And the smell of garbage cans, oh right, it’s garbage pick-up day.

She pressed her wrist on the ledge and jumped out of the window and onto the grass into a frog squat position. Her phone buzzed as it was on silent the whole day, and she picked it up while she sneaked out to a tree and hid there for the time being.

“Minzy!? Where the hell are you? I’m in the open man! Abort mission! Abort mission!” Leeyoung hissed anxiously.

“Now you have to get your back in here because we need someone to cover for you and you need to do a uniform swap,” Minzy ordered.

“But I just got out,” complained Leeyoung, who now made her way through the unlocked front doors again.

I guess they want us to leave the school too.

Leeyoung sighed as she found Minzy and L.Joe who stayed back after school with her.

This plan is bound to fail.


The original plan to bail Leeyoung out of detention was set up by the meticulous mastermind: Minzy. But it had many flaws in it; like who was going to disguise as Leeyoung when she escaped from the window, and what was going to happen next since they had camp the very next day.

“SACRE BLEU!” cursed out Yoseob in the only French he knew.

“Why are you frustrated? I’m the one who should be frustrated here!” Minzy shook Yoseob by his shoulder and he looked like he was going to throw up from all her shaking. L.Joe hauled Leeyoung along the hallway and finally cornered her outside the school’s men’s toilets. Minzy and Yoseob peered out from their classroom window at what was happening. Leeyoung looked at L.Joe suspciously.

“Wait here,” he cautioned. He pushed the bathroom door open and grabbed a male student who stood beside him. She examined him like one of her many specimens.

“Are you ing serious?” Leeyoung lifted an eyebrow at L.Joe.

“He's willing to cross-dress, aren’t you, Hyunseung-ssi?” L.Joe smiled at the red haired teenager who looked everywhere but at Leeyoung.

Leeyoung looked at Hyunseung with a concerned expression. “Are you sure you're willing to this?” she asked in a serious tone.

“Well it was Dujun and Mir’s idea,” he began uneasily.   

“You are freaking brilliant my friend, truly freaking brilliant!” she exclaimed breathlessly.  

L.Joe took the compliment and waved his hand over his face and fluttered his eye lashes. “Oh stop it, you’re embarrassing me.” Leeyoung kicked his foot playfully and scowled at him.

Suddenly Mir and Dujun stepped out of the men’s bathroom with a black make-up bag and colourful wigs stacked on their heads.    

“I don’t even wear make-up,” said Leeyoung who was fairly fascinated by their thorough preparation.

Mir swerved the conversation, “Well ya do now,” and pushed Hyunseung into the men’s bathroom with Dujun giggling evilly behind him. Hyunseung was known for his core feminine features which landed him the title of the second most beautiful boy of the school. However the reason why they chose Hyunseung instead of pretty boy number one was because Minzy wanted to avoid Taemin until high school ended, he was too cocky for their liking, and in the end he probably would not comply.

 

All they heard was high-pitched screaming from within. Leeyoung and L.Joe exchanged curious glances. Mir stepped out again and said: “We need you two to swap uniform a-sap.” To which she immediately pulled her shirt up to reveal her tank top and she took down her skirt and stockings. The smell of L.Joe’s deodorant overwhelmed her and everyone else around her for a second before they realized that she was only in her Bart Simpson boxer shorts, tank top and bra.

“Hyung,” Mir pointed a finger at Leeyoung’s chest, “what are we going to do about those?”

She didn’t have Double D’s or anything that big, but she did have a set of s and that was a problem for her male student disguise. Leeyoung covered her chest with one hand and punched the big-eyed Mir in his rib with the other and he took in the er punch by squeezing his eyes in agony.

“Hurry up and give me your damn clothes.” She took the clothes from Hyunseung who was left shirtless in only boxers. Leeyoung buttoned the white male uniform until the two top buttons which she left undone, and then she tugged the loose black pants on and adjusted the belt to her waist size. They all watched her amazedly as she tucked her dark wavy brown hair into the cap that Dujun provided her with and press her lips together before grinning at Hyunseung.

“Nice abs man.” She winked at Hyunseung before she turned around and walked out hastily, constantly pulling the trousers up with every stride.

Hyunseung watched dumbfoundedly as her and L.Joe walked away, him with his hands in his pockets and typical puckered smile across his face.

 


The introverted classmate of theirs; Willis; had stayed back after school to collect the homework and books for his sick friend Gaeun, and he needed to use the bathroom before leaving. Willis stood outside the men’s bathroom to put the books down, and got a shock from the sudden noises from inside the bathroom.

“Hold still, it’ll be over soon,” he heard a voice say. Willis then heard another cry from another student — who was unmistakably the one person he always tried to avoid — Jang Hyunseung.

“WHY ARE YOU TUCKING IT IN!?” he heard a deep male voice bellow.

“Ugh, it’s so tight.” He heard yet another male voice from the room.

Willis thought he heard wrong. But it sure sounded like two or more people were going at it in the men’s toilets. The other two sounded familiar to Willis, but he couldn’t quite make out who the voices belonged to and so with curiousity bubbling inside of him, he stepped through the threshold and saw a sight that he wouldn’t be able to forget for a long time.

“Don’t come any closer!” He heard Hyunseung shout from inside one of the toilet cubicles. Willis blinked rapidly and closed the door behind him.

Willis saw Mir and Dujun stuffing Hyunseung’s newly formed s with silicon and hitched up his skirt even higher than any of the females at their school, except Hyomin's.

“This is exactly what it looks like.” Mir added mischievously. Willis was bewildered because he always seemed to walk into the situations were Hyunseung was at his most womanly. He stood there frozen, but shuffled his feet to the side a bit so that the three of them could pass easily.

Hyunseung left the men’s bathroom a different man; in make-up, a wig and a rolled up mini skirt, showing off his perfectly smooth slender legs. Dujun and Mir high-fived each other for the full-on make over they accomplished and Hyunseung pushed them out of the way. He was just about to make his way back to detention when Jieun and Hyosung, who usually stayed back in the study hall, walked past him and Hyosung wolf whistled. “Hubba hubba,” she giggled and saluted Hyunseung.

“There goes my .” Hyunseung mumbled to himself.


Meanwhile on the outskirts of the school, Leeyoung, L.Joe, Minzy and Yoseob ran for their lives on the road to the nearest train station. A bright blue Jeep Wrangler pulled up on the road behind them, the driver beeped their horn and they all turned back to see who it was.

“YAH! Little ones,” it was UEE calling for them, and driving was Daesung, who was one of the members of her crew, Big Bang. “Need a ride?” she asked with a glint in her eye. 

 


 

Those are actually E-young's guitars in that photo. I got the dialogue bit from her twitter caption. All rights reserved haha.