Key Umma

My Sandwich Is Talking To Me

 

Never was Leeyoung ecstatic to bump into her unnie at this time of day. Although estranged from her family, Leeyoung knew that even though right now her ‘family’ only consisted of UEE and her, her unnie would be and still is the most important person in her life.

“Jump in fast, this thing eats gas,” Daesung shouted from the front seat as the three teens half-ran and climbed into the boot of the Wrangler.

Just as L.Joe was about to sit down, Daesung made a sharp turn around the round-a-bout and went in the opposite direction to where they were initially running in. L.Joe stumbled while trying to get a seat in the corner next to the cotton candy haired guy. The cotton candy haired guy extended his hand out and L.Joe shook it and gazed at him in awe.

“G-Dragon,” he mentioned promptly, and L.Joe nodded and sat down next to him. He was too awestruck to introduce himself and so Minzy sat next to L.Joe and said: “That’s L.Joe, and that’s Yoseob.” Minzy fist bumped G-Dragon then sat in between Yoseob and Seungri.

Both groups knew each other because Minzy often hung out and Leeyoung’s house back in the day, and Big Bang were always there playing video games or eating all the food with UEE. Leeyoung sat adjacent to UEE in the front seat while the rest rolled around the carriage. She pushed herself up from her seat and looked around the car and saw all the faces looking back at her.

G-Dragon the cotton candy man, Daesung the driver and the person who was closest to UEE, T.O.P the overly polite guy with defined eyebrows and a piercing glare, Taeyang who had eyes that frequently screamed 'I need a girl', and Seungri the youngest byuntae of the gang. They have been friends with UEE since they were in nappies and considering her slightly tomboy persona, UEE fit in well with Big Bang and they became each other’s back bones.

  

“So you’re still with them,” said Leeyoung wryly, maintaining eye contact with all of them. UEE didn’t know what she really meant by that but smiled widely anyway.

“Of course, they’re my bros and they need me!” UEE then clicked a finger, “Oh and I organized permission slips to get you out of detention just in case.”

“How did you know I was in detention?” She turned side-ways to UEE who placed her elbow onto Leeyoung’s head because their height difference allowed them to. She pouted at her hefty arm weight but listened to her intently.

“I’m your unnie. I always know what you get up to E.” She smiled with her crescent shaped eyes.

“So who the hell has our stuff for camp?” Minzy questioned with folded arms.

“Oh, well, Pledis always finds a way on dealing with your belongings and sending them through to the camp site so there’s no need to worry about that,” UEE assured them.

“Over there, we’re considered top ,” announced G-Dragon with pride.

“We’re T.O.P’s ?” Seungri quipped. T.O.P kicked his shin and Seungri fell back radically, taking Yoseob down with him. Minzy picked Yoseob up and they sat with their backs against the cool blue steel.

Daesung drove into the cool night that was quickly coming to a close.


Leeyoung's school arrived sooner than she or the others thought. Daesung had been driving overnight and refused to switch with UEE on the driving which drove her mad and made her almost punch Daesung out the window. But by the time the crew arrived at the bright orange gates of the camp site, they rubbed their eyes a few more times to make sure that they were not dreaming. The sun was shining and definitely blinding them all.

Yep, we somehow made it.

“I cut school for this?” Leeyoung blinked and turned to sigh at UEE.

“Yes you did E. This is the place where teenagers are dispensed to Pledis for a month.” Her unnie replied instantaneously.

Leeyoung’s crestfallen face was similar to the bug-eyed expressions worn on her friends’ and they simultaneously swore inside their minds. Daesung parked his blue Jeep at one of the empty parking spaces up the hill. The atmosphere that surrounded Leeyoung seemed melancholic, it all seemed dull and unappealing, but what struck her the most was that her jaw was hung open anyway.

It was humongous. It was the type of place where rich parents would send their children for special summer classes. There was a section of classrooms that lined up together with a strip of concrete pavement in the middle; there was a beach side that was behind the other walls that could not be seen with the eye indicating that it was far off from the main campus they were parked at. To the newcomers Leeyoung, L.Joe, Minzy and Yoseob the view was horrendously beautiful.

 

With Big Bang and a radiant looking UEE walking right behind them the four teenagers walked down the cobblestone path in silence from confusion and curiosity as they peered from side to side. Just as they were about to enter the premises, they were stopped by a young and mature looking woman in a dark teal t-shirt, black shorts and low-top converse shoes. On her wrists were multiple watches ranging from expensive brands to the ones that most little school boys wore. Her heart-shaped face focused on the square digital game device in her hands, then she turned down the volume and glanced up at them, her bright chestnut brown blunt fringe emphasized her high cheekbones that rose up higher on her face when she grinned broadly at them.

 

“Welcome kids,” she said, “why don’t you go and find your seats inside and Bekah will be with you as soon as the latter come.” Her lips curved into a tight-lipped smile. They were way more prominent than Minzy’s, Min’s, Yoseob’s and even Zelo’s cheeks. Her similar characteristic attracted Leeyoung even more and she could not stop staring at the woman’s face. Then Minzy slapped Leeyoung’s face back into reality. Leeyoung staggered side-ways and gave her the middle finger as the rest of the youth walked in snickering.

The main hall had eight rectangular dining tables set up in two lines with a pathway through the middle, just like the classrooms they had seen earlier. Once they stepped past the threshold they saw that in the center of the composition was a steep four or five stairway that expanded into a wooden stage with lights, a lectern and microphones set up in one row.  

“Whoa,” they remarked in sync. They were surprised at how meticulously cleaned and prepared the whole camp was because unlike their previous school camping trips, this one had the mental institute vibe which of course thrilled them. Yoseob went flying past the two teens in the front and they went spinning separately into the first two tables on the left and right of them. They slammed their hands on the table to stop themselves from spinning, and Yoseob delightedly found his name.

“Hey you’re sitting across me…” Yoseob said ecstatically, “which means you’re also sitting next to Nana, E-young-ah!” Yoseob’s voice echoed throughout the massive main room and E-young sat on the first table to the right and kicked her legs back and forth. She grunted in response and didn’t bother to look at the name placemat under her bottom.

 

L.Joe finally walked in and yawned, hitting himself awake. He ruffled his hair sleepily before saying, “Close your damn legs, turd.” L.Joe pressed a hand on Minzy’s shoulder and shook the sprawled out dark-blue haired teenager slightly awake.

“Why is it so quiet anyway? Where is everybody?” L.Joe murmured, taking the seat of which the name tag read 'Ricky'. Yoseob and Leeyoung were too zoned out to respond, and Minzy was drifting off to sleep.

“What kind of names are these?” L.Joe stood up and reached over to collect the name cards opposite him. He continued to entertain himself by trying to pronounce the names listed on the placement cards.

“C.A.P?”

L.Joe his lips uncertainly, he could not roll his R’s very well, being of full Korean descent, and what meant to be ‘Zinger’ came out as: “Schingel?” he alleged, unsure of his pronunciation. 

“G.O?” L.Joe paused and tapped Minzy’s forehead. “Close the door Minzy.” She rose up, resembling a reanimated replica of Frankenstein and Minzy even gurgled some gibberish to add to the effect. But she saw another crowd of teenagers making their way towards the main room.

“G.O? Hey I’ve heard that name before…” E-young snapped herself back into reality and a sudden imaginary light bulb lit up above her head as she rolled off the table she was previously lying down on and headed for Minzy who was just about to close the doors.

“Omo, there’s another school coming our way.” Minzy broadcasted with a hoarse gasp.

And then it hit her.

KEY’S SCHOOL IS COMING HERE—I’m spending a month with Key-umma.

 


byuntae = ert

Ricky, C.A.P, Zinger, G.O?? Whoever might be coming to the same camp as their school? But most importantly, who was that chick that greeted them beforehand and not to mention the baby-face and blonde from Chapter 1?

:O