(req) 801-901 [Last Part]

collection:: The Ice and The Smiling Angel

Part 9

 

Jessica woke up on the next morning only to find Tiffany wasn’t there. She groaned and threw the pillow to the floor. She thought she had a dream, a nightmare where she and Tiffany were fighting verbally because Jessica was being curious about their past.

Now after their fight last night, Tiffany had to leave her alone in the morning without saying anything, at least the night before, she could just told her that she will left early the morning after so Jessica could at least woke up and send her to the door.

At least, okay. She was being kind since Tiffany admitted that she still has feelings for her.

Kicking the blanket away, she got up from bed. Glanced up to the clock and it strikes almost 10. She had class in one hour but she felt like not going. Way to ruin the mood that Hwang.

After washed and dressed up, she lazily dragged herself out from her room with her bag strap hung loosely on her shoulder then dropped few times to her arm. She was totally not in the mood to go to class.

Checking her phone for every once in a while hoping Tiffany would send her one message, she pouted when she got none. Jessica sighed then propped her chin with her hand, the professor couldn’t be more boring than this. It was like every time he spoke it lulled Jessica to sleep.

It wouldn’t be longer than 2 hours right? But even fifteen minutes felt like a decade and she was so sleepy already even though she had a very nice sleep the night before. Jessica just wanna know where Tiffany went early in the morning and when she walked in the corridor, passed the older girl’s class which was already starting, Tiffany wasn’t there.

The girl didn’t attend her class but she left early in the morning. What was that supposed to mean? Ignoring her? But everything already settled last night. That won’t turn bad right? Tiffany wouldn’t change her mind right? She was one among the million people that she could trust.

She hide her yawn behind her hand when a hand gripped her upper arm.

“PROF, I NEED TO KIDNAP JESSICA FROM YOUR CLASS. SEE YA!”

That, if Jessica didn’t mistaken, it was Sunny who grabbed her bag and dragged her out from class even before her professor would proceeded anything that was happening.

The petite girl ram through the busy corridor, squeezed in between students then ran out from the building and to the dorm.

“Sunny! Slow… the heck… down!!”

Jessica huffed in between running because she never likes running, no, she never ran unless it was very important or there wasn’t any other option beside it. She was surprise at how the shorter girl’s breath was very long and for the plus point she ran a tad bit fast which made Jessica almost stumbled few times.

“Sunny I… CANNOT BREATH! Slow down will… you!?”

And the only answer Jessica got was just

“NO!” in between giggles.

The blonde one pushed Jessica back to her room but held the door for a while before she closed the door and left Jessica confused all by herself.

“I give you all my blessing.” She said.

What was that supposed to mean? What blessing?

Bless her score because she just dragged her out from the class she needed the good score at? Because if it what she meant well yes, Jessica did need bless for her score!

And what exactly she gonna do in the room? She was beyond annoyed right now, so ready to eat human.

Opened the door harshly and ready to scream through the corridor to Sunny for everyone to hear, she faced with another person standing in front of her room. Though that didnn’t make her anger decreasing, in fact, her anger builds more.

“Really!?”

“Before!!” Tiffany had her hands up as in surrender. “Before you go all hellsica on me, I’m gonna take you for a date, and I know you gonna take long to prepare so I have to make Sunny kidnap you. I'll go to your room exactly on 1pm.”

A date.

So Tiffany was preparing a date, and there was no way Jessica would go hellsica because of that. Nope, not ever, nada , not in a million time.

She breathed out, calmed herself down and her appearance became softer minutes after. She eyed Tiffany with her almost red face but still kept her arrogance which made the other girl laughed lowly.

“So we have a deal? Don’t be mad then we can go on a date, okay? Make yourself pretty, not so over but simple and pretty.” A smile. “And we’ll go once you ready.”

***

 

The first thing that came to Jessica’s mind was how could someone smell so bad but had good outfit like they owned very big company? Like seriously, it wasn’t really that hot outside but this one smell like something inside him had been rotten up for years and didn’t get fresh air. She groaned, sighing as she did so.

“You okay?” the voice behind her somehow made her feel a little bit better, maybe it was because the person or maybe both. “I’m sorry, I don’t know it will be this packed.”

“No it’s okay. It’s just―”

It felt like the train has stop from moving, the people around them stopped their movements, like the clock stopped ticking when arms suddenly wrapped around her slim waist with soft moves and the fingers acted up like a lock when they securely and delicately pulled Jessica closer towards the owner. Jessica’s head was on Tiffany’s shoulder, the clothes  was the only thing that didn’t make it skin to skin contact.

Jessica gulped down her nervousness to no avail, it could be because of Tiffany’s breath that tickled her skin or the other girl’s thumb that started to draw circles in a lazy motion on Jessica’s covered waist. Her face heated by fifty percent.

“Let’s stay like this, I don’t want you to fall.”

She didn’t even mind, at all. Even when the train stopped or even there will be an earthquake and the train had to abruptly stop and fell and crumbled or whatever, as long as there was Tiffany who held her like this, secured her from the world and from everything, she was sure she would be just fine. Sound so whipped but it was what exactly she was feeling right now.

Her heart racing and she couldn’t find any words as an answer so she just stood there with reddened face (thanks to their position for not letting Tiffany saw her face). She stayed like that for a moment before she finally relaxed and gained herself again, now realized that the train was actually still moving and there were people breathing. She on a deep breath and crinkled her nose.

FREAKING SMELLY. But oh well at least Tiffany’s smell made the disgusting smell became better now.

“Why did you leave me alone in the morning?”

“To prepare things to go on our first official non-friendly date? To prepare a nice date for my princess? why?"

"I was afraid that you left me for good, I tried to call you but your phone died."

"It's pointless to leave you when you're here and the fact you're everything that I want to claim as mine." Tiffany kissed Jessica’s head after that and leaned to the train’s door as she kept her eyes on the girl on her arms. "I'm sorry okay, I won't leave you and that's a promise, and u know this awesome Hwang always fulfill the promise, not like a certain princess."

Jessica turned her head, her eyebrow raised, with all coldness despite she supposed to feel all gooey warmth from Tiffany’s word, she stepped on the girl’s feet ― real hard ― until the older girl had to groaned in pain which gained some people attention. Jessica shot them a look and they pretended to not look.

"Seriously Fany after what we said tonight you have to rub it off again, I'm sorry ok I really am. Let go of me."

“Sorry sorry I was just kidding. I know you love me and that's all matters, sorry ‘kay sorry…”

Tiffany tightened her hold on Jessica’s waist when the girl tried to pry her arms off of her. Pulling Jessica closer to her, she kissed the girl’s head and buried her face on the girl’s hair. Tiffany kissed the jaw, sighing and muttered something that sounded like an apology and I love you to Jessica’s ear. The younger girl only sighed and let herself relaxed then leaned back to the black head. She held Tiffany’s hand that was on her waist and rested her head atop of the other girl’s shoulder.

All Jessica could hear for the next fifteen minutes was only the train’s honk and their steady collided breaths. Tiffany didnt seem to let go her hold on Jessica neither the other girl wanted Tiffany to let her go anytime soon. Despite how packed the train was and how uncomfortable it might looked like, the two love birds really are trapped in their own sweet little world.

Neither of them bothered of anyone became uncomfortable by their presence, none of those matters when all Tiffany could do to Jessica were just whispering sweet nothing to Jessica’s ear and kissed the younger girl for every word she said. They couldn’t ask for more.

"When I wasn't with you for the whole year, what did u feel? When did you realize your feelings to me?"

Jessica was taken aback to Tiffany’s sudden question, she thought she will took ages to answer that but the words she didn’t even thinking about before, slipped out just like that from .

"I was actually lost, you know the lonely feeling, every side of the dorm reminded me of you, it felt weird when u weren't around. I guess I'm totally use to your presence, sometimes I found tears just seeping out from my eyes when I was dozing off, cause I know I've hurt you. At some point I felt angry to you, to me, to us,” Jessica turned her head slightly, she looked up to Tiffany’s lips and caressed the girl’s jaw line softly. “I still didn't know that I actually love you till you gave me my birthday present, when you sang me that song, it brought back hope for me and I was honestly hoping that your message after you sing never exist, the best friend part, that time I realized that you're the one I really want. As they said you'll never know what you have till it's gone"

When Tiffany’s hold on her became a little bit loose, Jessica immediately looked at Tiffany in the eyes because she wanted Tiffany to know every words she was going to say were honest. She wanted to let Tiffany knew that she wanted Tiffany as bad as the other girl wants her, she wanted to let Tiffany knew that she could have her, just for herself.

"But Yuri and Taeyeon helped me to get through the phase and my sister too, they encouraged me to go after you. So here am I, I'm trying to get your heart back, I didn't know if it'll work but I rather go to find out myself than giving up on you. You've been waiting for me for quite long, it's my turn to chase you. To claim back what's mine before, to have you back, to make me yours again, but this time more than just a best friend. Don't you think so?"

Jessica saw so many feelings drawn on Tiffany’s eyes, despite the tears that gathered up on the girl’s eyes, she still saw the brown orbs glimmer with something Jessica knew as happiness. She was afraid at the possibility of Tiffany would get bored of her and stop from loving her, but the look from the latter eyes re-assured her that it wouldn’t ever happen. If looks could kill people, Tiffany’s eyes would be perfect to drown someone so deep they couldn’t get back to the surface. Jessica didn’t mind, as long as it was Tiffany she didn’t mind at all. And so she leaned in closer and for the first time since their first met, Jessica pecked Tiffany’s lips.

"You're the best thing I never knew I needed."

The huge blinding smile on the older girl’s face told Jessica everything. Tiffany loved her, so freaking damn much.

"I've been trying hard to move on from you, but then you came back to the picture and ruined it perfectly. You're the epitome of beautiful distraction." She placed Jessica’s hand on her heart before continuing. "You broke it before, but you glued it back together, it'll take a bit more time to mend it back like it used to be but it'll be even better than it used to be. Funny thing is, heart is so special that even though it's broken to pieces it’s still beating."

She took Jessica’s hand that was on her chest ― heart ― and curled it into a fist. She kissed it once and looked at Jessica directly on her eyes. Hope was all over her eyes.

"My heart already found the one who can mend it back, please don't break it again."

Blushing hard was all Jessica could do right at the moment. Everybody’s eyes were on them and she can feel the itch at the back of her body by all those stares she’s been receiving. It was either the train that moved slowly now or it was Jessica that getting dizzy by Tiffany’s words and gaze. Felt like puking rainbow.

"I didn't know that you're like this. Now I'm thinking if I fall for the right person, I might die soon because of your sweetness. You don’t want me to get fat or get diabetes don't you?"

For a second Jessica thought the older girl will stick to her sweet self until she looked at her and found the set of white teeth and playful face Tiffany put.

"Gluttony princess could be cute though. I still want you even though you’re gluttony I guess? But then since I'll still be in shape you gotta be jelly all the time if there're tons of people want me as theirs?"

Jessica rolled her eyes. Even without looking at it, she still able to kick Tiffany’s shin and sent the girl to painful galore. Even after she kicked the girl’s shin, she flicked Tiffany’s forehead once.

Hey!”

It didn’t take long for Tiffany to go back to her sweet self. Jessica was leaning her head on the door and her hand loosely holding Tiffany’s clothes when the older girl pulled her closer again.

"I've missed you."

 

A kiss on Jessica’s temple.

 

"It feels so right to have you here again."

 

Another kiss.

 

"You have to stop for being too gorgeous."

 

Another.

 

"Goodness I'm addicted to you."

 

A kiss on her head.

 

"What did u do to me Jessie?"

 

Another kiss.

 

"You make me crazy for real, in a good way."

 

Tiffany hugged tighter then kissed Jessica again.

 

"I don’t think I’ll be able to let you go again though."

 

And again.

 

"Thanks for being here for me."

 

And again.

 

 

 

Jessica only closed her eyes, blushing madly but she let Tiffany do whatever she was doing right now. She liked – scratch it , she loved it.

***

 

 

When Tiffany said she prepared for something romantic, Jessica imagined four star restaurant with Italian feels and Italian foods or maybe five stars American style one with personal waiters and good furniture, good design and all those kind of things when they eat steak and wine served as the drink. But since Tiffany told her to dress nice but not perfect, Jessica somehow could sense that this date will not be in one of those four-five stars restaurant.

A festival.

Jessica wanted to feel disappointed, but the feeling never came, the joy was there and when she looked at Tiffany and the girl smiling brightly with her eyes disappeared into crescents, Jessica couldn’t help but to mirror the girl’s smile then they ran hand in hand like a couple of dork.

Tiffany stopped when she saw a cat doll on the display of one of the game booth and stopped abruptly which made Jessica that ran behind her bumped on her and slapped the girl’s arm. Feltl like her nose was about to went inside her skull.

Pointed to the cat doll, she said proudly she’ll get it for her. The younger one just nodded her head when Tiffany started playing the game and just stood there and watched. The first time she tried it, Tiffany failed miserably, Jessica told her to just stop and go to another game since they just got here and there were so many game that picked her interest.

But the second try, Tiffany made Jessica hugged the doll like a five year old.

“Eh Jess, let’ play that. The one who can shot the duck down is the winner.”

“Call! What will I get if I win?”

Tiffany raised her eyebrows. “A congratulation, what else.”

Another kick on the shin and Jessica let Tiffany walked behind her jumping up and down while groaning.

The rubber duck made a quack sounds every time they got hit. Tiffany hit more by two ducks and left Jessica pouted at the end of the game. The older girl said Jessica could win the game if she agreed to compete with the duck at how long her lips can go if she made a duck face.

That’s another kick on Tiffany’s shin.

“I’ll lose one of my feet!!”

“What? Your lower body is that weak, huh?”

“Really, Jessi??”

“What?” Jessica shrugged.

After their usual bickering, of course they bicker more on their way to another game. They tried to catch another plushie for themselves but fail like a stupid moron because they just didn’t know how the claw works. It went right when it supposed to be left, and left when it supposed to be right, and it stopped moving when Jessica pushed the button. It was either the machine broken or they just didn’t bother to read the manual, guess the latter though.

They strolled around the festival. Bought one cotton candy because Tiffany said she couldn’t finish it if she ate it alone but ended up eating most of it instead of the younger one. Tiffany gave Jessica her iced chocolate because Jessica said she loved it and already finished hers. And at the end of their walking together hand in hand, they stopped at one game that really caught their attention.

It needed two people for playing the game; one to shoot and the other one to just sit in some kind of glass box. Jessica and Tiffany watched when the person missed the shot, for once and twice. Jessica looked at Tiffany, a silent question and Tiffany just shrugged. They darted her eyes to the game again and as for the third time the person shot it right at the target, a lot of water poured onto the other person that was in the box and ended up getting wet from head to toe.

“Wanna play it?”

“Absolutely.”

“Who sits―”

“Weak upper body sits first.”

“What!?”

But Tiffany already made herself as the shooter and forced Jessica to sit inside the box. The box was wet of course by the water that poured down before. She sat there and felt the water from the chair penetrated through her jeans. She didn’t even bother to looking up, knowing she’ll ended up soaked at the time Tiffany made a shot. She was good at it anyway. There was really nothing to do.

“Ready?” Tiffany shouted excitedly.

“Just shut up.”

And shoot!

Jessica cursed when she heard the sound of water poured from above her and soon soaked her whole body helplessly and Tiffany’s cheery laugh was really not helping her from refraining herself  to punch the girl. When the water stopped, she groaned when she opened the door.

“Whoops soaking wet. Huh?” Tiffany laughed. “It will help if you can just block it with your hand, but then again you have weak upper body. Heheh so I think it won’t help much?”

She really needed to punch Tiffany on the face but since she didn’t want to hurt her, she makes Tiffany sat there. The more Tiffany , the more she wanted the water to pour on Tiffany.

“Okay… just you watch.”

She shot once, then missed. Glanced at Tiffany and the girl still had the grin on her face.

Twice…

 

And missed.

 

Three times…

 

Then missed again.

 

Jessica huffed, she concentrated on the target and calmed herself down. She had to fully focus on it if she wanted Tiffany to stop teasing her for the day like that. She heaved her breath and shoot.

Tiffany’s shrieks and the sound of water pouring sent  Jessica to a full glory. She felt like she just won a lottery and hit the jackpot. The black head came out soaked, pouting and Jessica couldn’t be happier than this.

“Meanie. I don’t have extra clothes.”

Or not.

“Seriously?”

When she got  nods from Tiffany, Jessica dragged Tiffany to the bench and told her to sit there while she ran somewhere Tiffany didn’t even have time to look at. The younger girl was back with a pack of tissue in hand and started to wipe Tiffany. It didn’t really helping though since tissue was actually that thin and small.

Jessica looked around, looking for something and she stood up, walking silently behind someone with a towel draped on his shoulder. Tiffany watched in silence when Jessica sneakily took a hold of the towel and let it stayed where it was with the owner still continue walking and chatting. Jessica just got one towel by… stealing.

She jogged half laughing and sat beside Tiffany who was also laughing before she started to dry Tiffany’s hair with the towel.

“You just dry me with someone’s sweat in it.”

Jessica laughed. “Doesn’t matter.”

“We need to dry you too, you know.”

And Jessica stopped her movements, this time. Tiffany laughed. “Right.”

***

 

Their first couple tee was at this very festival and there was words on their tee too just like any other couple. It read; I’m with stupid, with arrows pointing at each other. How could things be more romantic than this? Well, it was possibel with Tiffany’s arm on Jessica’s shoulder as they were walking together.

“I’m afraid you gonna catch a cold y’know. Even though they said idiot can’t catch a cold.”

Jessica pushed Tiffany away then slapped her back annoyed. The older girl shield herself with her hands when she saw Jessica about to do it again.

“Hey hey stop! I care for you that’s why. Don’t you see the shirt?” she pointed to her tee and read it out and pointed her finger to Jessica. “I’m with stupid. You have no right to beat me up!”

“Oh god you’re such an idiotic !” Jessica flailed her hands in frustration.

“Your idiotic .”

Jessica eyed her. “……Yes my idiotic .”

……

……

……

“MY WHAT??”

Since the bickering session was a never ending one, a kid with ice cream stopped them from fighting as the kid looked at them innocently. Both of them cleared their throat then soon agreed to buy some ice cream and sat somewhere while enjoying it.

For once of the entire date, they finally can just sat calmly and ate their ice cream peacefully. Jessica’s eyes never left her cup and so did Tiffany. It took for about five good minutes before Tiffany nudged the younger girl.

“Can I taste it?”

Jessica nodded as scooping her ice cream. “Sure.”

Tiffany’s lips met hers when Jessica was about to let Tiffany taste it. The black haired one stayed like that for a while until she could really savored Jessica’s ice cream’s taste from inside of . The girl let go then nodded to herself. Grined at Jessica before went back to eat her own ice cream.

“Best ice cream ever. Taste better than mine.” Tiffany innocently scooped her own ice cream and shoved it into . “Do you want to taste― Jessi? Are you okay?”

Meanwhile Jessica…

 

“The brain you’re trying to reach is not active..”

 

“Princess?”

……

“Jessi?”

……

“Yo!”

……

“?”

……

“Jess?”

……

“Okay Jess you’re scaring me.”

Poked on her arm, still no respond. Tiffany waved her hand in front of Jessica’s face but still nothing. And she took a glance towards the girl’s ice cream.

“I better eat it before it melts.”

She expected Jessica to smack her head but nothing came and that was weird. Tiffany looked up and poked more but there wasn’t any reaction. She even knocked Jessica’s forehead with her knuckle but the girl didn’t even do anything to respond it. Tiffany then looked down to Jessica’s lips and leaned in closer, put one hand behind the girl’s head to pull her closer before she kissed her.

And Jessica responded to it.

Tiffany pulled away just a little when Jessica blinked her eyes and smiled. The black head titled her head before leaned in again for another one, moved painstakingly slow until they could feel their lips brushed against each other and Tiffany closed the gap between them. This time passionately.

Tiffany ran her hand down to caresses on Jessica’s jaw line and to her neck when the other girl started to respond to it, Jessica’s eyes were closed and her hand gripped on Tiffany’s tee before it finally moved to the girl’s back, barely hold on to her. Tiffany smiled in between kisses when Jessica exhaled her breath.

It wasn’t that long until Jessica accidently bit Tiffany’s lips and they pulled off of the kiss.

“Sorry! Sorry sorry sorry.” Jessica said panicking.

“It’s okay. I ate your ice cream so we’re even.”

“Wait, you what?”

“Uh…… I ate….. your ice cream…..?”

“You ate my ice cream!?”

“uh… yes.” Tiffany shrinked in fear. “I can explain! It was melting! I tried to reach you back to the world but I couldn’t! So I ate it, I swear it was like that, you can ask the spoon!” Tiffany dumbly stick out the spoon for Jessica to see.

But too bad, Jessica didnn’t seem to take it so she bit Tiffany’s hand. The girl yelped then muffled down her scream.

“Okay now we’re even.”

But maybe Jessica bit a bit too hard it makes Tiffany’s face scrunched in pain.

“Hey man up, it’s just a bite!”

“But it’s damn hurt.”

Looking at Tiffany’s face, she took a peek of the hand she just bit and it really looked like it hurts so much. Like it was so close to bleed because she clearly could see how blood forming at the behind of Tiffany’s skin. Jessica cleared , tried to not look as panic as she was right now but failed miserably. Jessica bit her lips, knowing full if it got a scratch just a little it’ll absolutely bleeding. She scooted closer to Tiffany.

“Sorry, I went a bit overboard.” She took Tiffany’s hand and kissed it right where she bit it. “They said it will make you feel better.”

Tiffany just looked at her after that. “Can I ask you a question?”

“Go on.”

“It doesn’t ease the pain. Can you kiss me again?” Jessica kissed it again, then she looked up to Tiffany. “Not there, here.” The girl pointed on her lips. “So would you be a good nurse? Or I should take it on my own? I need my medicine you know.”

“Close your eyes.”

Tiffany did as she told.

Jessica pecked the lips she kissed earlier.

“Just it?? Where’s the med??”

If Jessica had a very good hearing like a vampire, she would hear Tiffany’s heart beats crazily like it would break her ribs anytime soon. She always had this ability to maintain her composure ― or acted cool ― when it was absolutely far from what she actually felt.

She took Jessica’s hand to place it on her crazily beating heart and the other one hand on Jessica’s face. Leaned in closer again and closed the gap between them as she kissed Jessica.

“I was not joking when I said it’s beating for you.” Tiffany kissed her again.

And when Tiffany finally broke the kiss, they let her and Jessica’s forehead touched, looking at each other’s eyes and poured everything they feel to one another. It was that kind of stare that could make you lost and drowned and fell in love with. But they didn’t even care if they lost and drown in each other’s eyes. They wanted to, actually.

The older girl moved just an inch closer and it made their noses touched, their lips just millimeters apart and they stole each other’s breath. It was too close and Tiffany couldn’t help it so she kissed that thin lips again the pulled away.

“Please keep my heart safely.” And leaned in closer again and kissed the lips for just a moment. “I entrusted it in you.”

She took Jessica’s hand that’s on her chest and made it into fist before she kissed the knuckles. “Because it’s solely yours.”

***

 

The festival was like a pack of joy, every corners of it tasted like chocolate; happiness. It was like the whole world accidently put too many happy liquids into this not so big bundle of joyfulness. The snacks, the games or even the people there seem to make Jessica happy just by looking at em. She was thinking why she didn’t know this festival exist in the same city she lived in. Like, she could visit anytime, maybe twice a week if school wasn’t really busy. She couldn’t help but think about Sunny if the three of them going to visit the festival later, the small girl would be so hyperactive like an overly active puppy.

Sure the festival was fun and all and Jessica wanted to buy every snacks and souvenir and ride and play every game. But really, there was one thing she hated and avoided the most at the festival. She hated haunted house with passion, she never wanted to get near it especially went inside it.

“This gonna be fun! Don’t you think, Jessi?”

“No.” She said grunting, hands gripped on Tiffany’s arm every time they moved in closer to the gate. “Let’s go home.”

“Nope. Don’t even thinking about that. I’ve been waiting for this my whole life. Don’t you dare backing up now.”

And she hated Tiffany to hold her shoulder the whole time she tried to ran away from the queue. She was never a fan of a haunted house because she didn’t know why she should cherish all those ghosts inside there. The long queue for it was utterly ridiculous.

Jessica stopped abruptly when it was their time to go in the haunted house. Tiffany raised her eyebrow at the younger girl as she couldn’t drag Jessica in and Jessica didn’t seem to move for even an inch. The older girl was about to let go of Jessica’s grip on her arm when the younger girl pulled Tiffany closer to herself and finally let the black head lead her inside. The wide grin on Tiffany’s face was really unnecessary.

“Heh you’re not that―”

“AAAAAAAAAAACK!!!”

It felt like someone just stabbed Tiffany’s ears with so many piercings and shot her ears with needles her grandma used to sew her school uniform with. Of course Tiffany remembered Jessica had this high pitch dolphin screams but she forgot how bad until it pricked her ear drums.

“AAAACK PLEASE THE GHOST IS AFTER US!!”

“Geez Jessica calm down!”

“OMG LET’S RUN!!!”

“No no running! We’re not allowed to run inside!”

“RUN FOR YOUR LIFE OH GOD!”

Tiffany held the girl from running away from her, the place was dark, obviously, and she bet Jessica couldn’t make it outside the place consciously. She was sure enough Jessica would faint the moment she saw the ghost just in front of her.

“Just calm down will you??”

“NO WAY!!”

“Calm or I go!”

“GO AWAY GHOST GOOOOOOO!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!”

“Jessi!”

“TIFF BEHIND YOU OH MY GOD!”

“They’re not real you dummy!”

“STILL!!”

They walked faster; well technically Jessica was dragging Tiffany from side to side trying to avoid all the ghosts she saw behind her barely opened eyes. Sure Jessica was a bit smaller than Tiffany and the girl was younger than her but remember one thing ― she was this strong when she was afraid and Tiffany was so done being dragged and tossed here and there by Jessica.

“TIFF!!!!”

Jessica stopped on her spot, eyes closed tightly now as she didn’t want to see any ghosts go near her. Her heart beating so fast and bullet of sweats ran down from her head to toe. She screamed Tiffany’s name but when she got no reply she started to even more scared than before. Maybe to the point of paranoid because she started to flail her arms everywhere so the ghosts wouldn’t came near her.

“TIFFANY I SWEAR TO GOD― AH OH GOD WHAT WAS THAT!? TIFFANY!!!!”

She gulped down real hard she swore anyone that could hear her now would laughed at the sound of it. But really she didn’t care about anything right now, all she wanted to do right now is to scream her lungs out, ran away from there and kill Tiffany when she met her later. But screaming was so tiring and it would made sore and she doubt she could run right now because she couldn’t even move her legs.

Jessica screamed again when she tried to open her eyes a bit and she saw a swift movement of  something white in front of her. Darn it, she was sure enough if Tiffany didn’t appear anytime soon she would pee on her jeans. She hugged herself then and made a sound like a scared kitten.

“Tiffany~~”

On the first second she didn’t hear anything but sounds like a gushing wind, and she hated that very much. But soon enough, she heard a sound like Tiffany’s whisper and she instantly raised her head and opened her eyes fully, desperate enough to see the older girl.

“Tiff! Tiffany where are you??”

She heard the chuckle, not so far but not that close. “I’m here.”

“Where?? I can’t see you!”

She couldn’t find her and the darkness made it worse that she  accidently grabbed the ghost’s coat and she felt like just die on the spot. Jessica bit her lip and she was really close to tears but then she saw a lit of orange fire in front of her and showed her a smiling Tiffany. The girl was holding a candle on her hand and the other hand holding something Jessica couldn’t tell.

“Stay there. I promise no ghosts will come near you. I got ‘em all tied in a rope.”

Jessica stayed there as she told. She wanted to run and just hug the other girl but something in Tiffany’s playful yet promising smile makes her stopped and wait. Tiffany nodded and pushed on the thing that looked like a switch on her other hand and then Jessica’s eyes shifted from Tiffany’s face to the small blinking lamps above Tiffany’s head.

It read something like a confession but Jessica couldn’t seem to read it right. She averted her gaze towards Tiffany again who was now look like glowing under the small orange light that seem to glow just for them in a little circle of warmth. There wasn’t any playful smile on Tiffany’s face again, it was warmer this time, maybe just as warm as the glow the lights made or maybe it was more because Jessica couldn’t look anywhere but the eyes that staring back at her with hope and love.

“Well? Is it romantic yet?” Jessica opened just to close it again. She had no idea what is this and she wanted Tiffany to keep on talking because her voice was just something she wanted to hear more.

“You know… I can be serious too sometimes. Maybe then I can be more awesome than I already am.” Tiffany chuckled again. “Jess, what happened in the past stay in the past, but you’re here in my present, I’ve ever try to change my love for you in the past, but it failed miserably and now since you’re my present again, I’m sure that the love wouldn’t be able to die. It was slightly changed before, but it won’t ever die as long as you’re here, with me…”

Tiffany looked at Jessica who did nothing but stares confusedly. She smiled a bit and nodded tentatively.

"I guess what I’m trying to say is… I love you, I still love you… I’m a helpless fool who failed to move on, but I’m happy that I can’t move on."

The words that came out from Tiffany’s mouth made it way oh so slowly to Jessica’s mind. It was like the brain was so rotten and refused to do its job. But Jessica knew better, it was not her brain that wasn’t functioning well, it was her heart that fluttered so much it was so hard to breath and to process everything that was happening. It was so hard to breath and her eyes were so blurry when she looked up and tried to read the words the little lamps made.

It says Jung Jessica, I once loved you to realize I never fall out of love from you.

Even with her blurry eyes the lamps looked even more beautiful and she couldn’t help but to crack a huge smile and so she let her tear rolled down her cheek and then let the familiar arms circled her waist. She engulfed everything Tiffany could give her right at the moment because she couldn’t ask more for it, it was perfection. She locked her eyes with the black haired, the other girl’s hand was on her face, wiping the tear that’s on her face and Jessica’s breaths left her lungs at how breathtaking Tiffany was right now with the warm glow as the background.

“Till the very end of me Jessie, I’ll love you till the very end of me.”

She placed her hand on the other girl’s neck and pulled her closer. She tilted her head to one side and let their lips brushed for one passionate moment. Once they’re parted, Jessica let their noses touched as she wanted to feel Tiffany’s breath brushed her face.

“So this is why you’re missing this morning?”

“Isn’t this awesome?”

“But why here?”

“This is something new and fresh. I know you’ll love it.”

“I do. And I love you too.”

 “Me too.”

“What? You love yourself, too?”

Tiffany smiled widely. “You know better.”

“Tiff….”

“Hmm….”

“Were you just touching my ?”

“What?”

Jessica pulled away just slightly before her face gone all pale again. “Not funny.”

“I―”

“Tiff.”

“U-uhm...” the thing that makes Jessica nervous is that Tiffany’s eyes locked to something behind her. and didn’t like it at all.

“Tiff!!!”

***

It takes someone’s else fingers to fill the space between every fingers you have.                                                                   

Just like Jessica and Tiffany who have each other to fill their empty spaces.

The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. – Bob Marley

Just like how Tiffany felt hurt because of Jessica, and Jessica felt hurt because of Tiffany, but they know it was all worth it, everything was worth it when you know someone you love, loves you back and you’re together in a indestructible bond.

The broken heart was now healed and beat as one with the other half.

 

 

END

 

 

 

a/n: HELLO! took me forever for this last part! this is obviously the longest i've ever write :D so, any of you still remember the story? or... well, do you guys even remember me? sorry to make you wait for a year i'm too occupied with other things and campus life... ofc. i decided to finish this before thesis finally took all of my time.
and um really thanks for those who read and drop comments here, loving the stories and all. and i still havent decided whether i wanted to continue this collection or to wrap it up. i can't promise you anything as always lol. and ofc! for bluepinkz as the one with the brain for the plot and the cheesy parts, always checked and added things on the story and being patient with me because i lost my data for like 2 times? i think, and have to wait till this long for me to finish everything lol.
and no, i'm not writing a farewell speech. so!!! comments? thoughts? concerns? i'll be here to respond to everything :DD