Final

Crash

"Annyeong!"

The six boys of BAP gave their final goodbyes for this performance marks the end of their promotion for Crash. 

They were all happy because their two weeks of vacation before the start of preparation for the next album is finally here, except for one.

The boys' dressing room sounded like a huge beehive due to the amount of noise they boys are producing.

"Wooooo let's get a drink tonight before we head home!" said the very excited Jongup while changing clothes.

"And who are you to suggest for 'a drink'? You, Youngjae, and Junhong can go home immediately after this." Himchan gave him a look before it costs them trouble.

"We're not going to have a drink either, don't worry." But his eyebrows say otherwise as he look at the other elderly Yongguk.

Jongup who gave up on the idea of partying walked up to Daehyun instead who's gotten very silent regarding the mention of 'vacation' and 'home'.

"Hyung, you look excited, try to surpress it will you?" The younger one gave out a laugh that slowly decreases its volume.

Youngjae approached the two and slung an arm over Daehyun's shoulder. "Don't have a very hard time now. Just give us a call when you get home if you want to hang out or something." The latter meekly smiled.

Now why was he acting this way? Truth to be told, the boy misses his parents, his dog, but there's another someone in their house in which he wasn't sure what feelings he should give - an adopted sister.

Five years ago when he was still in middle school, his parents suddenly brought home a child that looks like more or less his age. He thought she was just a neighbor's daughter that was asked to be looked after for her parents will be taking on the graveyard shift that day, but it lasted 'till this day. His parents wanted a daughter so bad that they had to adopt their friend's daughter whom had nothing to support her with.

Their relationship as "brother-sister" isn't that very good. He didn't know why but he had developed annoyance towards the girl. Not that she was a brat or something, in fact she was sweet, kind, nice... she have the traits of a very good sister but for some reason he can't have himself like her as his sister, hence him giving her a cold shoulder for five years.

---

"Daehyun-ah, welcome home!"

His mother was out gardening when he arrived in the morning the next day. He gave her a hug and a kiss before asking for his father.

"He went out early today to check on the chickens. And as for Jaerin, I sent her to the grocery."

He nodded and proceeded to his room. How he missed his room, his bed, his posters.... wait, his posters?

He looked around his room and found posters of him scattered on his wall. They were photos of him during their Crash promotions, in which in every single one of them he was smiling.

Since he was so tired from the journey, he decided to take a nap first and confront the culprit later.

---

When he woke up, it was already dark.

The sounds of pan and plates and a girl laughing made his eyes flutter open, the feeling of annoyance rece again because his sleep was interrupted.

He rubbed his eyes before he sat and stood up to take a shower.

---

"Daehyun, there you are. Just in time for dinner, we're having samgyetang. The chicken is from our barn." His father said, obviously in a good mood.

He nodded and sat at the only chair available, next to his 'sister' Jaerin.

"What are you staring at?" He snapped at asked her while he's helping himself with the dinner.

"Woah, whatever happened to the dorky Daehyun after the promotions? Tsk." She shook her head playfully before laughing.

He gave her a side eye before continuing eating.

"You guys are so cute, I missed your bickering." Their mom clasped her hands in delight.

"Tch." He was about to have another piece of chicken when he remembered the posters. "Ya, who told you to put posters of my face on my own room?"

"Nobody. Don't you like it?" 

" No, it made my wall look messy."

"Oh," she muttered. "I'll take it down tomorrow don't worry."

"My, my, Daehyun. Be a little bit nicer to your sister." His mother cooed.

"I'm done eating, thanks for the meal. Excuse me." He stood up and marched to his room.

---

He was lying on his bed playing with his iPad when he heard a knock on the door.

"Daehyun-ah." Jaerin said as she entered and closed the door behind her.

"I haven't said 'come in' yet." He replied, not removing his eyes from the game.

"I'm sorry if I messed up your wall, I was only trying to see more of your smile here at home." She sighed, still standing at the door of his bedroom.

"It's been five years and I haven't really got the chance to have a very good talk with you, I don't know but maybe that's what causing your hate towards me. If it's about me barging into your peaceful life, then..."

She had stopped talking when she heard the sound of the bed being patted. She looked up to see Daehyun giving her a space to sit on. She nodded and quickly walked over to where he is, afraid that he'll change his mind.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Daehyun sighed, admitting inside that she was correct. He's been a rude 'brother' all these years and so why not take a step forward.

Jaerin smiled widely and she started talking endlessly. Like how she frequently visits his group's fancafe and that's where she got hold of his pictures. Like how his parents asked for an internet upgrade just for her to download his music show appearances and burn them into a CD.

For the first time in five years, he was listening to her. And for the first time, he gave her a smile.

"And also there was this-" she stopped when she saw him smiling. 

"Oooh, what are you smiling about?" She asked teasingly.

"Nothing, I didn't know you were this talkative." He chuckled slightly.

"You could use talkativeness when you get home very late from somewhere and you don't want to be scolded." She wiggled her brows at him.

"Oh really, did you use it to Mom and Dad already?"

"Yeah, about.... two times? Three?"

"Eh, what about?"

"Don't tell them okay, but my Calculus classmate asked me out one time..." She noticed the change in his expression, but she continued anyway.

"I ended up going home at around 11pm, and when Mom was about to scold me I told her stuffs. Thank goodness it worked." 

That feeling of annoyance came back to Daehyun, only this time not towards her, but to her 'classmate'.

"Oh, so did you end up doing that three times?" He asked sarcastically.

"Nah, he was so awkward to be with. The other two, I went to Seoul to watch your showcase and a music program."

His eyes went from large to huge. "You went to Seoul?!"

Using her forefinger, she poked the bridge of his nose. "Your eyes got too large," she chuckles and then continues, "Yeah, if I told Mom and Dad they would come with me and it wouldn't be a secret anymore. But don't worry, I'll bring them next time." 

"I see." He could only mutter. How in the world can he not know? His 'sister' gives off a different aura that he knows whether she's there or not, despite his indifference towards her.

"Ah, I can finally understand the fans' feelings when you don't get to be noticed. I keep on shouting 'Oppaaaaaaaaaaa!' and only Zelo looks at me when he's not even older than me." She laughs at the memory.

"You're really popular now Daehyun, and I felt it myself. I'm very proud of you." 

He stared at her for a few second before pulling her into a hug. "I-I'm sorry, Jaerin. Sorry for being a bad brother."

"You don't have to be a good brother if you don't want to," she said while pulling out from the hug. 

"Because I don't see you as one." She walked backwards and when she reached the door, she winked at him.

"Goodnight, Daehyun." 

---

OKAY THIS ENDED UP HAVING NO SENSE, AT ALL. 

I MIGHT DELETE THIS WHEN I GET HOME BUT FOR NOW, ENJOY?

THIS ISN'T EDITED SO I'M SORRY~