Chapter one- Shock

The Puppy and His Kitten

Seoul. The capital city of South Korea. With a human population of ten million- well ten million and two. Just like every other country in the world, there are those who are rich and those who have next to nothing, then there are those that shouldn't actually be there. Aliens as they are called. One could say that Key was an alien. An alien laying face down in an alley behind the infamous Galleria department store in Apgujeong, Gangnam.

The figure stirred ever so slightly, feeling the concrete floor below him. Eventually Key could hear the rush of traffic just ahead of him, not only that he could also hear footsteps, a ding of a shop door opening and the electric whirring sound of security sensors that lined the front of the store. After a little while he could also make out the rustling of leaves in a park lying at least thirty meters away from where he lay: the voices of children, the laughter of mothers who found their little ones too adorable for words, workers huffing slightly out of breath as they tried to beat their bosses to work. Every sound was fascinating for Key, he had never been anywhere that wasn't in Anulasia. His home was perfection for him, anywhere else could not even be close. 

His brows knitted together as his eyes flashed open. He groaned inwardly, his head was heavy with a dull banging sensation. Pausing for a moment he took a deep breath trying to focus his vision, so that the images in his mind were no longer blurred messes. The alley was far from being well lit, but this didn't matter for Key. His eyes possessed amazing qualities. Qualities that no human could ever attain. He could see every single brick on the wall to his right and every dent in the metal post lying in the road in front of him. Key's feline eyes focused on the green man figure that was lit up at the top of the metal pole. People began to walk from one side of the road to the other side. What a weird phenomenon he thought to himself. Key let out an audible giggle amused by the way the green man could control the humans.

Then shock set in. Something was wrong. Very wrong indeed. His eyes widened as realisation set in. No he thought angrily to himself. He should be able to make such a sound. When could kittens laugh? That was a human thing, one of the things they do in order to...well he didn't know why exactly but giggling was a pointless action- there was no purpose of it right? He brushed his thoughts away, he probably just imagined it. There is no way he could anatomically make that sound. Key began cursing his overactive imagination.

But right at that moment once more. Shock. His eyes widening yet again, pupils perfectly circular. There were two things that were wrong. Very wrong indeed. The green man on top of the metal pole had gone. He had been replaced by the worst thing Key could have imagined. A different coloured man. A man who was a colour which Key had never seen before in his life but even though he had never encountered it, he knew what colour that was. 

Red.

A colour which cats were immune to. A colour which they cannot see. Key blinked furiously trying to unsee the red man which was causing him unbelievable amounts of frustration. 

Damn you Mr. Red Man. Damn the Council and their stupid punishment. And last but not least damn you Yoon Doojoon and your filthy magic orbs for doing this to me Key thought. He knew now what he'd hope hadn't happened had actually happened. That waste of space control freak had made him- the Almighty Key human.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I was going to put this as the foreword, but I thought that it was too important and so should therefore been a chapter. I loved writing this, even with all the pre-planning it took a long time. I wanted to get the fic to be as accurate as possible, even though I've never been to Korea- it is harder than it looks xD 

So today was an okay day, didn't get a trial placement at a certain shop. I went to a recruitment evening for Lush- yup that nice smelling store. Being rejected doesn't feel nice but I understand why. I was a nervous wreck xD

But then I came home and saw 6 subs and the world made sense! :-3

I'd like to give a special hug to PrincessRia who is my first ever subscriber! Thank you so much. I love you and your Unnie (PrincessKai) very much- thank you both!

Comments, wall comments & subscribers make me happy!

Thank you. Yes you. You behind the computer/laptop/phone/other internet-blessed device. You have my infinite love n.n

 

Woohyun Heart

Oh and two more things. I love cats. I really do. I want one so much, but mum is not that keen on the idea. I'll do my best to talk her round! When I eventually get my baby I'll make sure to show you guys!- It is true that cats can't distinguish red from other colours, it all has to do with the type of cone cells they have in their retinas xD *don't shoot me for being all scientific on you guys*. The best kitten in the world is still this guy!

(Insert Kibummie gif, with a steering wheel)

So cute!

If you can somehow guess which k-pop guy group member will be making an appearance in the next chapter, I'll do a double update. Here is a clue, he is also part of the Council.

Thank you guys!

Lollie