BAP's Daehyun

KPOP Scenarios

The dishes were set on the table, filled with some of Daehyun’s favorite foods. You had gotten a bottle of wine for the occasion tonight and was dressed in the royal blue dress that both you and Daehyun loved. You were fond of it because the color was vibrant and the dress with the lace shoulders was very elegant. Daehyun loved it because it was form fitting and flattered every place he loved on your body. You had bought these silver heels with diamond-like gems down the front and was excited to show Daehyun how well they complimented your dress. As you sat against the counter and looked at the time, you realized he was already five minutes late. Fear began finding it’s way into your mind. He had done this before, especially lately. He was late 20 minutes on Valentines because of “traffic”. On your birthday you were meant to celebrate, but instead he went out with the guys and didn’t tell you, leaving you at home waiting for his return. On his birthday he was 2 hours late to meet you at a restaurant you had reservations at because he got caught up talking to the dancers at the company. Despite all of that, you wanted to believe he wouldn’t do that today. You sighed as you looked again, seeing he was now 15 minutes late. Tears began rolling down your cheeks as you waited until the food began getting cold. You cried softly as you ate your food before feeling sick and standing, picking the dishes up and carrying them to the trash to dump it all. You put the dishes in the sink and cleaned off the rest of the table, drinking your glass of wine before heading into the bedroom. He was now an hour and fifteen minutes late and you have given up hope. He was late and forgot your anniversary. You took your heels off and threw them onto the bed before you changed into sweats and an old t-shirt. You pulled out a suitcase and began packing as much as you could into it, the ring on your finger flashing against the light and drawing your attention. New tears streamed down your face as you though back to the day he had given it to you. It had been your one-year anniversary and he was so nervous. He had pulled out the box and showed you the ring, stating that he was embarrassed by how small it was but it was all he could afford at the moment. You had cried and told him it was perfect, regardless of its size, and that you loved it. He stated that it was a promise ring. He said that when you were older and he was in a good position as a singer, that he would buy you a bigger ring and propose. That he wanted to spend the rest of his life with you, loving you, and showing the world that he loved you. You cried and stuffed your suitcase full and carried it into the living room. You felt like a coward, leaving like this without telling him, but you needed to leave. Your heart couldn’t take it anymore. As you pulled out your phone to call your co-worker and best friend, to ask if you could stay a day or two, the front door opened. Daehyun walked in, almost three hours late, and set his stuff down, a smile on his face until he looked up, freezing at the sight of you. You knew you looked like a mess, the little makeup you wore was smeared or long gone by now and you knew your skin was pale by how sick you felt. His brow furrowed as he stepped towards you, his mouth opening to say something.

“Don’t,” your voice came out hoarse and shaky.

“Jagi… What’s wrong?” he stepped closer, holding his arms out to you.

“Don’t call me that,” your heart was breaking as you spoke every word.

“Jagi? Why not? Baby, what’s going on?” he frowned but stood still. You began crying again and shook your head in protest. He stepped forward and frowned again when you flinched away. “Jagiya…. ________…. please, tell me what’s wrong,” his voice came out soft and shaken.

“You,” lifting your suitcase, you began making your way past him. He grabbed your suitcase and threw it aside, grabbing your arm.

“Don’t leave,” he begged, “Talk to me.”

“Why?” You bit back, your voice growing louder, “So you can apologize and then do it again? I’m tired of you coming home late and forgetting important dates!” He flinched back and let your arm go. “I’m tired of it, Daehyun, and it’s going to stop today. No more chances and no more apologies. I’m done.” With that you picked your bag up, threw open the front door and left, unlocking your car as you called your best friend.