Chapter 2

Changed

 

I stood in front of the mirror, looking at myself. Was this good enough? Ji had called earlier today, saying that I was to wear something y…I didn’t ask why…but was this good enough? I stared hesitantly and the red silk that cladded around me so well that it accented my figure, only revealing at the back, dipping slightly at my cleavage. I had adjusted the length so it fitted right below my bottom. It was good enough wasn’t it? Fastening my hair with a pretty pin, I walked out of the house, standing on the porch, waiting for Ji to turn up.

 

 

“Hurry and get in.” he said as he turned into the lane. Obliging, I sat in the front seat, looking slightly at him.

 

 

 

“Ji…where are we going?” I asked him. He looked at me for a second, as if drinking in the fact that I was really sitting there beside him.

 

 

 

“Somewhere…to meet my friends…” he replied after awhile. Again, he looked over to me, hesitating slightly he mumbled,” you look pretty…” I stared at him. Did Ji say I was pretty? I felt a familiar rush of warmth as I blushed…something I have yet to do in a long time.

 

 

 

“Hey guys.” Ji said to his friends as we walked up to the table. I felt him slink an arm around my waist, pulling me gently to stand closer to him. “Meet my wife guys, Sandara.” I bowed slightly in their direction, noticing how they started to check me out, staring at my legs and s. I couldn’t understand why Ji would make me come to meet his friends in such a ridiculous outfit.

 

 

 

“So you’re not lying huh.” One of them said. Ji laughed a little. “Of course not! So how is she huh? The iest lady ever right?” Ji chuckled, trailing a hand down my spine, tucking a strand of loose hair from my shoulder.

 

 

 

His friends nodded. “That’s a real lucky lady you got there. What’s her cup size Ji Yong?” one asked, staring at me so intently, as if trying to burn away my clothes, making me feel uncomfortable. He laughed, “Obviously the best! Nah, she’s smallish, my little girl” he said, caressing my cheek.

 

 

 

“Well, aren’t you going to share her?” they asked. I looked at him expectantly. This was where he should say no right? “Yeah , sure. Anytime you guys want.” I heard him say. I stared at my hands in horror, wondering if my ears had been playing tricks on me.

 

 

 

“Really Ji? I’m going to book her next week then.” One of his friends said, clearly pleased with himself. There was silence. What was Ji going to say? I peeked at him, biting my lower lip as I dreaded the worst.

 

 

 

“What? No…no…I was joking guys…” he laughed weakly, his hand tightening his grip around my waist. Leaning down as if to kiss me, he whispered in my ear, “ Let’s go. Make an excuse.” Trying to look normal, I forced a quick smile, “ Ah, I’m sorry…but I’m feeling tired now…” I hinted heavily, stretching even.

 

 

 

Ji stood up, helping me up as he strained a smile,” I’ll see you guys on Monday then…” Walking quickly out, we walked out, to find ourselves under the stormy rain.

 

 

 

Ji cursed loudly. “Aish…my car’s all the way that side. Come one Dara.” He said, pulling my arm. Together, we ran in the heavy rain, drenched to the skin but it didn’t matter to me…for that second, that moment together…it made me feel 10 years younger.

 

 

 

As he drove slowly home,  I sat beside him, occasionally glancing at him, noticing his perfection that still stayed on for 10 years…

 

 

 

“Ji…” I called out softly, gently toweling his hair dry. Today seemed perfect…we could understand each other perfectly. “Aren’t you mad at me?” I heard him ask quietly.

 

 

 

“No…” I said softly, “ what is going on?” I added, after hesitating slightly. Sitting myself beside him, I stared at him. And something surprised me.

Ji reached out and hugged me.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry…Dara yah…I…I didn’t mean to bring you out there like that. It’s just…they always tease me…they won’t believe that I have a pretty wife…and it’s my fault…I’m sorry…for all these years. I didn’t mean to…I just couldn’t help myself! I’m really sorry!” Ji’s voice cracked on the last word and I could feel his tears drip slowly onto his lap.

 

 

 

My jaw dropped again, as I watched him in disbelief…Kwon Ji Yong…the cool and suave guy…just because he got bullied…I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him into a comforting hug.

 

 

 

“Shh…Ji…it’s okay. Don’t cry.” I hushed, trying to help him stand. Finally, I dragged him over to the bed where we plunked heavily down. Ji rubbed his eyes and took me in his arms.

 

 

 

“Dara…I…” he hesitated, “ I love you.”