Of Farewells

Runningman Oneshot Story Collection (Not Accepting Requests - HIATUS)

 

I have nowhere to go because you are everywhere. Now I regret not concealing a small part of me, for not keeping something for myself. You know me too well and I cannot hide, but this makes me wonder why you never knew about my secret.

 

Now I have no place where I would not be reminded of you.

 

As I open the door I wished with everything I have that you would not be there, reminding me that I am never good enough. No, I am sorry… I know I am selfish for thinking of this. I know from the first time I saw you that I could not expect anything. That it would never be us.

 

Still it hurts.

 

Even if I told you so many times, showed you how much you matter to me. How you invaded my everything, filling me with thoughts of you. Your smile, your laughter… and I knew these would always be one sided. Even if you made it clear already, I still embraced these emotions with my eyes wide open.

 

It was too painful to think of you. But I am a fool never stopping. Hurting myself every day. My dreams, my heart, my mind... you are always there and I have no escape.

 

I am destroying myself and I could only blame me for wanting and hoping I would be someone to you. I could only blame myself for not knowing what was enough, for not realizing it was time to let go.

 

I cannot risk the only thing I could have with you -- our friendship -- so I will just silently stand in the background.

 

Because I had already accepted that in the end, it would be only him in your heart and I am just a friend, a dongsaeng who would always be there for you.

 

The doors closed behind me and I put on a smile, waving at everyone. The week has been full of goodbyes, and I wished I could really do that. Say good-bye to us, but I know I would not never be able to do that.

 

Please do not be here, because I am scared I would hold on more on you. Please do not be here because I do not know if I could look at you with a smile.

 

Please do not be there so you would not know I had always been seriously in love with you. That I was not fooling around. That everything was not just a show... that I really wanted to call you mine…

 

Please my Ji hyo noona.

 

 

Cameras flashed, Song Joong ki was the first celebrity to enlist after abolishing the entertainment unit in the army. He would be serving in active duty for two years and many people and fans saw him off before he entered the army camps. 

 

 

A black car was parked at a distance. A woman sighed and steeled herself to look outside past the tinted windows. She did not know it would be too hard. To pretend she did not know.

 

With a deep breath, she raised her head and looked, seeing only a blurred figure in black shirt. He was off... and she knew she would never have the courage to see him again. Like she never had the courage to admit the truth.

 

Ji hyo turned to her manager. "Let's go, I still need to attend something." she said coldly, cutting off any protests by closing her eyes and leaning lower on her seat.

 

See you in two years... Joong ki-yah...

And maybe,

If nothing changes,

 

Let us give us a chance…

 

 

Joong ki stopped and dusted his pants. It was as if something was telling him to look back one more time. As if someone was watching and waiting. He paused, letting that someone have a glimpse of him.

 

He smiled and waved without looking back, leaving coolly -- saying goodbye to her. Even until then, he never had the courage. Even if she was there, he was still scared that it was just a beautiful dream.

 

He put on his cap and pulled it even lower to cover his face.

 

I really have nowhere to escape from you…

 

See you… in two years time...

 

"...farewell..."

 


Some song song before I am off hahaha sorry for being not able to do requests >.<